Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2013-11-12 6:30 AM
in reply to: morsebj

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Subject: RE: November Challenge – Total Distance

Originally posted by morsebj Marathon went great! Broke 4 hours, and PR'ed by 18 minutes to get there! Thanks for the support you guys!

Fantastic! I bet that felt GREAT!

2013-11-12 2:01 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Baltimore Area
I am back!
Spent the weekend in Florida for a lacrosse tournament with my son. All my workout plans fell through but I did a lot of walking.
I had contacted the local running club so I wouldn't run alone in an unfamiliar town. Of course, we had to be at the field earlier than originally planned and I could not get to my run and back in time. The park had nice paved trails through so I spent most of my time walking instead of running. I was wearing comfortable shoes but not running sneakers. All I can log is walking I really wanted to run down the coast.

My trip down was eventful as the airline lost a piece of my son's equipment. Apparently, it was being held by TSA for secuirty reasons. I had to spend close to $100 to replace it for the tournament that night at the only local store 30 miles away. The airline eventually delivered it to my hotel an hour before our last game but I was already at the field. they promised to reimburse me so we shall see. I gave the equipment to another parent who was driving home so I could avoid that problem again.

Now I have to get back on schedule starting with my hill training run tonight.

Does walking count?
Do I put it under running or sports?

Edited by Lovey 2013-11-12 2:10 PM
2013-11-12 7:26 PM
in reply to: Lovey

User image

Expert
Ontario

8 mile run today takes me to 40% for the month - happy with that !!

2013-11-13 11:07 AM
in reply to: cathyd

User image

MotoQueen

Got another hour in on the bike/trainer yesterday.  Woot!

2013-11-13 11:08 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Originally posted by cathyd

Way to go!  You are doing great!

2013-11-13 11:09 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Originally posted by Lovey I am back! Spent the weekend in Florida for a lacrosse tournament with my son. All my workout plans fell through but I did a lot of walking. I had contacted the local running club so I wouldn't run alone in an unfamiliar town. Of course, we had to be at the field earlier than originally planned and I could not get to my run and back in time. The park had nice paved trails through so I spent most of my time walking instead of running. I was wearing comfortable shoes but not running sneakers. All I can log is walking I really wanted to run down the coast. My trip down was eventful as the airline lost a piece of my son's equipment. Apparently, it was being held by TSA for secuirty reasons. I had to spend close to $100 to replace it for the tournament that night at the only local store 30 miles away. The airline eventually delivered it to my hotel an hour before our last game but I was already at the field. they promised to reimburse me so we shall see. I gave the equipment to another parent who was driving home so I could avoid that problem again. Now I have to get back on schedule starting with my hill training run tonight. Does walking count? Do I put it under running or sports?

Wow, sorry to hear about the equipment issues.  Glad that it all worked out and hopefully you get that reimbursement.  

To me walking counts.  

Edited by kns57 2013-11-13 11:10 AM

2013-11-14 9:00 AM
in reply to: kns57

User image

Elite
washington state

Ran the lake yesterday.  First workout since getting a cold over the weekend.  Felt good to be back outside.  The plan is for the pool today.

2013-11-14 1:47 PM

User image

Bronze member

Originally posted by cathyd

Nice one!!! Great!

2013-11-14 1:55 PM
in reply to: kns57

User image

Bronze member

Originally posted by kns57

Originally posted by Lovey I am back! Spent the weekend in Florida for a lacrosse tournament with my son. All my workout plans fell through but I did a lot of walking. I had contacted the local running club so I wouldn't run alone in an unfamiliar town. Of course, we had to be at the field earlier than originally planned and I could not get to my run and back in time. The park had nice paved trails through so I spent most of my time walking instead of running. I was wearing comfortable shoes but not running sneakers. All I can log is walking I really wanted to run down the coast. My trip down was eventful as the airline lost a piece of my son's equipment. Apparently, it was being held by TSA for secuirty reasons. I had to spend close to $100 to replace it for the tournament that night at the only local store 30 miles away. The airline eventually delivered it to my hotel an hour before our last game but I was already at the field. they promised to reimburse me so we shall see. I gave the equipment to another parent who was driving home so I could avoid that problem again. Now I have to get back on schedule starting with my hill training run tonight. Does walking count? Do I put it under running or sports?

Wow, sorry to hear about the equipment issues.  Glad that it all worked out and hopefully you get that reimbursement.  

To me walking counts.  

What a hassle with your trip Yuck!

For logging I would do what makes sense to your overall training. So, for example, if you go back in a month and look at your training volume in running do you want to see an accurate account of what your actual miles were running or do you want to assess how much time you spent on your feet in all activities? It is your log so you get to decide .

2013-11-14 1:55 PM
in reply to: trigal38

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Everyone is doing GREAT

I tanked on my run goal. Work got in the way yesterday and today. I have meetings tonight so, Unless I get up early and run before my surgery, that is it until the first of the year (at least) for running. I have full intentions of making the strength and bike workouts, after a few days of recovery. I feel confident I can get on the spin bike and arm, back and ab exercises should be doable.

Rock on everyone!

2013-11-14 2:01 PM

User image

Bronze member

I think I am going to have to drop out of the challenge for the rest of this month . I had some SI joint issues last month from a flip turn gone awry and now it is moving into some groin pain. I think I'll be better off in the long run letting go of the goals and managing the issue as I feel at this point there is potential for injury here. I'll still be active every day but I know I get a little OCD with the goals and just meeting them is never enough! I need to tune into what my body is saying and not be fixated on an arbitrary number in my log.

I'll still be checking in here though and hopefully back at the challenges soon!

2013-11-14 2:28 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by trigal38

I think I am going to have to drop out of the challenge for the rest of this month . I had some SI joint issues last month from a flip turn gone awry and now it is moving into some groin pain. I think I'll be better off in the long run letting go of the goals and managing the issue as I feel at this point there is potential for injury here. I'll still be active every day but I know I get a little OCD with the goals and just meeting them is never enough! I need to tune into what my body is saying and not be fixated on an arbitrary number in my log.

I'll still be checking in here though and hopefully back at the challenges soon!

do what you need to do to heal up and not hurt yourself worse. You could change your goals to reflect what it is you want to, or can do. Either way. Take care of your OCD self

2013-11-15 6:25 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

The month is half over and it looks like everyone is doing great with meeting their goals.
Great job everyone keep up the excellent work
2013-11-16 8:51 AM
in reply to: suefesta

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia

Originally posted by suefesta The month is half over and it looks like everyone is doing great with meeting their goals. Great job everyone keep up the excellent work

Agreed. I've been out of town for the week, but caught up on the thread this morning. Nice job! And my heart goes out to the gal with the flip turn injury. It just sucks to be hurt. And when you have a competitive spirit, it is really hard to slow down to let the body heal. Best wishes to you.

2013-11-17 6:40 PM
in reply to: suefesta

, Maryland
10 miles on the treadmill... stupid ravens!!
2013-11-18 9:04 AM
in reply to: vaughn.temple

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by vaughn.temple 10 miles on the treadmill... stupid ravens!!
10 miles on the treadmill is like 20 miles in real life!

2013-11-18 1:06 PM

, Maryland
Originally posted by ceilidh

Originally posted by vaughn.temple 10 miles on the treadmill... stupid ravens!!
10 miles on the treadmill is like 20 miles in real life!

LOL I wish.....I thought it was 5 miles in real life
2013-11-19 8:16 AM
in reply to: vaughn.temple

User image

MotoQueen

Good morning.  Life is getting a bit in the way of my goals.  Well, actually it is apples.  Picked up a bunch on the way home this weekend and now I have to do something with all of them.  Last night made apple butter, tonight it will be applesauce.  Too bad the stove is not connected to the trainer or treadmill.  Will try to get on the trainer this evening.  The run I know I can catch up on even with the Thanksgiving trip coming up, but the bike is a different story.  

2013-11-19 2:28 PM

User image

Veteran
Baltimore Area
Last night I thought I would make homemade pancakes and waffles and freeze them for breakfast during the week. I also made egg cups. Egg cups are omelettes (do not add tomatoes) that are baked like a cupcake. Just reheat one in the mornings for about 1 minute, breakfast on the go. I don't have to worry about the kids making a mess in the morning trying to make eggs.

After a long night of cooking/baking, I thought this morning was body pump day and I overslept and decided to go back to sleep since I missed class. Wrong! It was swim day and I could have gotten to the pool only 15 minutes late but because I went back to bed I missed that too. This is what happens when you get off schedule, you forget what day it is.

A least I still have running tonight. Now I can get back on schedule.

Lovey

Edited by Lovey 2013-11-19 2:29 PM
2013-11-20 2:14 PM
in reply to: Lovey

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by Lovey Last night I thought I would make homemade pancakes and waffles and freeze them for breakfast during the week. I also made egg cups. Egg cups are omelettes (do not add tomatoes) that are baked like a cupcake. Just reheat one in the mornings for about 1 minute, breakfast on the go. I don't have to worry about the kids making a mess in the morning trying to make eggs. After a long night of cooking/baking, I thought this morning was body pump day and I overslept and decided to go back to sleep since I missed class. Wrong! It was swim day and I could have gotten to the pool only 15 minutes late but because I went back to bed I missed that too. This is what happens when you get off schedule, you forget what day it is. A least I still have running tonight. Now I can get back on schedule. Lovey

Nice to have all that food ready to go. Getting schedules mixed up can really flummox a person.

Good job for getting that run in.

2013-11-22 7:55 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Heloooooooo

Is anyone out there?

I am slowly chipping away at my strength goal with PT. It is amazing how just a little can wear me out. I have permission to do a little on the bike so I may get that goal finished as well.

2013-11-22 7:59 AM

User image

Expert
Lakeville, MN
Been a rough few past days, and with my pool closed until next week, I doubt I will make my swim goal. trying like hell to make my bike goal by Sunday, as I am on vacation all of next week, which HOPEFULLY means more running, and a 30-40 mile week (fingers crossed)

One thing is for sure....this goal won't come easy this month, but I am not about to let that stop me!
2013-11-22 1:56 PM
in reply to: benihana

User image

Expert
Ontario

I've been pretty consistent this month and I should make my goal although it will be close as I won't get a run in today so am down 4 this week.  Hoping for nice weather on Monday to get my 8 mile long run in.

2013-11-23 4:04 AM
in reply to: benihana

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia

Originally posted by benihana One thing is for sure....this goal won't come easy this month, but I am not about to let that stop me!

I hear you there. I need some serious bike time, and now that it's cold, it will mean hours on the trainer.

So -- what does everyone do to pass time on the trainer?

2013-11-23 5:11 AM
in reply to: prof40

User image

When on the trainer most of the time I watch TV. In the morning I watch the news others times I watch what ever is on that catches my eye.
I find it very hard to get outside on by bike because of the amount of daylight and road conditions.

Even a year after my bike crash I still am getting over my fears of riding on wet roads. I can ride, but it is at a much slower pace when it is wet or there is a lot of junk on the side of the road.

On another note can not believe November is almost over. Looks like everyone is working hard on meeting their goals.

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » November Challenge – Total Distance Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

November "You Choice" Challenge Team Wild Hippo's Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33

Started by kaqphin
Views: 24061 Posts: 809

2007-12-02 8:27 PM kaqphin

November "Your Choice" Challenge Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by D001
Views: 22023 Posts: 573

2007-12-03 11:19 AM D001

November Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by nccgrap
Views: 5411 Posts: 57

2007-10-25 12:39 PM D001

Flexibility Challenge - NOVEMBER

Started by MandiGayle
Views: 2573 Posts: 9

2006-12-01 2:13 AM MandiGayle

ipod nano/nike+ NOVEMBER challenge

Started by autumn
Views: 2085 Posts: 15

2006-11-20 3:16 PM autumn
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 14, 2009
author : scoobysdad
comments : 0
Excerpts from the full-length movie of three BT'ers following their dreams to Ironman. Meet BT'er tripletmom01

date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.
date : June 11, 2007
author : Total Immersion
comments : 3
Most of those thinking about tackling a long swim instinctively feel it’s necessary to Do much to build endurance - more yards, harder laps. But a focus on Receiving is ideal for long distances.

date : January 29, 2006
author : lv2teach
comments : 1
It’s a challenge to push yourself a little harder and a little further. Be proud of every workout that is accomplished and every step-even the baby ones-that you take on this course to the finishline.
date : November 27, 2005
author : AMSSM
Try to view your injury as another athletic challenge and an opportunity for personal learning and growth. Identify the skills that help you succeed as an athlete.

date : September 3, 2005
author : infosteward
The Boulder Peak bike course is legendary. It is, literally and named as such, one of the toughest bike legs in the country.
date : September 11, 2004
author : econway
comments : 1
The goal of this section is to give others ideas on workouts for specific purposes.

date : August 31, 2004
WAYNESVILLE, Ohio (August 22, 2004) Professional triathlete Felipe Bastos (BRA/USA) took another trip to Ohio this weekend...