General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hot Chocolate Sunday Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-01 6:18 PM

User image

Master
Straight outta Compton
Subject: Hot Chocolate Sunday
Anyone doing this? I'm in- my girlfriend wanted to run it, and despite my better judgment I didn't talk her out of it. Going to packet pick-up tomorrow AM, from what I can recall at Union Station it was a real clusterf**k. Hopefully McCormick Place will be better suited, at least it should given the $20 parking fee there.

Matt

2013-11-01 10:33 PM
in reply to: mcgilmartin

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Hot Chocolate Sunday
I am doing it. Albeit, I injured myself a few weeks ago and have not trained. Likely run/walk it
2013-11-02 4:22 PM

User image

Master
Straight outta Compton
On a positive note, getting in and out of the expo this morning took all of 15 minutes. Maybe, just maybe, RAM took some of the horrible feedback from previous years and cleaned up their act. The expo was packed. I was happily surprised.
2013-11-04 8:00 AM

User image

Veteran
Waukegan, IL
So I ran the 15k.

I know RAM has had some organization issues in the past, but I saw none of that this time. Packet pick-up was super smooth for me, race day was very smooth, getting my stuff after the race was no problem either.

Fun race for me.
2013-11-04 2:33 PM
in reply to: The Chupacabra

User image

Master
Straight outta Compton
Originally posted by The Chupacabra

So I ran the 15k.

I know RAM has had some organization issues in the past, but I saw none of that this time. Packet pick-up was super smooth for me, race day was very smooth, getting my stuff after the race was no problem either.

Fun race for me.

I agree, I was totally shocked from start to finish that they actually had their s**t together this year. I was very pleasantly surprised- so much so that I would actually recommend this race again.
2013-11-04 3:00 PM

User image

Elite
Romeoville, Il
I'll be honest. As a spectator the race was run horribly for me. They only allowed us on one side of the finish which happened to be directly into the sun. It was impossible to make anyone out. I finally gave up and just went to the end of the fenceline to find my wife when she was done. After 40 minutes for the 5k I figured I missed her and went to find her. The runner unite area was a zoo, crowded, and muddy! Oh, and after I went all the back to the park I find out my wife's wave was 30 minutes late going off. So back to the finish line I went. Very poor communication. Being the reason I didn't run was I have PF right now, I was rather unimpressed with the communication that led to me walking a whole lot more than I should have.

2013-11-04 3:15 PM
in reply to: Meulen

User image

Veteran
Waukegan, IL
Originally posted by Meulen

I'll be honest. As a spectator the race was run horribly for me. They only allowed us on one side of the finish which happened to be directly into the sun. It was impossible to make anyone out. I finally gave up and just went to the end of the fenceline to find my wife when she was done. After 40 minutes for the 5k I figured I missed her and went to find her. The runner unite area was a zoo, crowded, and muddy! Oh, and after I went all the back to the park I find out my wife's wave was 30 minutes late going off. So back to the finish line I went. Very poor communication. Being the reason I didn't run was I have PF right now, I was rather unimpressed with the communication that led to me walking a whole lot more than I should have.

I had a little bit of that at the end trying to reunite with someone. I agree that the unite area was crazy. I don't think there was anything they could do about the mud, but it was crowded. It's hard to find a place that won't be crowded with that many people. I feel like the reuniting issue will be a problem with any of the Chicago mega-races that attract 30000+ runners. The late wave is definitely messed up.

I'm not trying to defend RAM because I'd definitely be frustrated in your position.
2013-11-04 3:31 PM
in reply to: Meulen

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

I did this race many moons ago when the start/finish was up at Montrose.  Then it got too big.  Like most of the other RAM races.  I won't do them.  They are too big.  Hell, I won't even do Shamrock anymore because they are just too darn big.  And frankly, with ANY race this big, there is going to be someone who gets a bit screwed because of the size. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hot Chocolate Sunday Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Chicago Hot Chocolate 15k

Started by kricialynn81
Views: 1485 Posts: 22

2012-11-05 1:21 PM kricialynn81

Hot Chocolate 15K : Official Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by tmoran80
Views: 7035 Posts: 26

2010-11-08 3:59 PM Lyoshka

Hot Chcolate 15k

Started by scubadiver68
Views: 3291 Posts: 22

2010-10-02 9:16 PM AngieF02

Hot Chocolate 5K

Started by mr2tony
Views: 1321 Posts: 9

2008-11-03 4:18 PM mr2tony

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!

Started by jszat
Views: 904 Posts: 2

2006-10-12 3:27 PM hangloose
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 23, 2012
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 2
Lose weight by eating chocolate for breakfast. Refuel after your workouts not with a sports drink, but instead with chocolate milk.

date : June 27, 2011
author : FlashBang
comments : 1
Feeling confident and cocky, after finally losing some weight, I got off my back side and into triathlon.
date : August 10, 2010
comments : 3
Is chocolate healthy? Is it little more than an alluring form of refined sugar, saturated fat and empty calories? Or does chocolate have positive qualities to help athletes?

date : May 24, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussion on chocolate milk for recovery after workouts and Ironman bike fueling.
date : December 12, 2009
If you are looking for a simple, yet special, gift for your running buddy, teammate, or active friend, enjoy making one of these recipes that will be sure to please any hungry athlete.

date : June 9, 2009
comments : 3
An easy, healthy hot meal you can quickly cook with many ingredients you already have in your kitchen.
date : December 3, 2008
author : dexter
comments : 15
What are rollers? How can rollers help your bike training? Learn how to use your first set of rollers without doing too much bodily harm to yourself.

date : September 3, 2008
Discussions on training for a hot IM, hydration, workout recovery nutrition, maltodextrin, no energy on a 45' bike ride and morning workout nutrition strategies.