Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Coffee Connoiseurs - Time for Coffee Talk Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-11-08 9:06 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Coffee Connoiseurs - Time for Coffee Talk
The version without condensed milk is called "café da" here and it is very popular. Oddly, café da is mainly consumed by men, and café sua da (the sweet, milky version) by women. I get some funny looks when I order what's considered a man's drink, especially if I ask for it with no sugar. Kind of like an Asian woman ordering herself a whiskey. Cafes here tend to assume foreigners like their coffee sweet and not as strong as locals--you have to convince them otherwise. The ratio of condensed milk to coffee varies hugely from place to place. I educate the people at the places I frequent so they can make the drink the way I like it, and avoid getting it at tourist places. Ordering in Vietnamese (my skills aren't great, but I can really do food and coffee!) also helps. One place makes it with frozen coffee in the ice cubes--yumm! Instead of getting more dilute as the ice melts (you're actually supposed to wait for a while while it does, with café sua da, or you'll be drinking syrupy yuck), it gets stronger!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Coffee Connoiseurs - Time for Coffee Talk Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Coffee atrocity

Started by KenyonTri
Views: 658 Posts: 19

2007-01-12 1:49 PM CitySky

peace coffee job

Started by autumn
Views: 478 Posts: 12

2006-11-28 1:28 PM run4yrlif

Coffee... "fair trade"

Started by tyrant
Views: 514 Posts: 1

2006-03-03 4:30 AM tyrant

Caribou Coffee

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 1184 Posts: 10

2005-07-26 9:37 AM hoff1732

Morning Coffee?? Pages: 1 2 3

Started by rheros
Views: 2830 Posts: 51

2005-06-17 8:15 PM The Cracker
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 10, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
This month we talk with AdventureBear, aka Coach Suzanne on her coaching philosophy, approach to gadgets, training plans, missed workouts and strength training.

date : September 24, 2007
author : mrakes1
Discussions on salt tablets, AM workout nutrition, coffee, post workout nutrition, whey powder, recovery nutrition, losing weight, Recoverite usage, the necessity of sugars and snack ideas.
date : July 11, 2007
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Recent studies have demonstrated that moderate to mild levels of caffeine (less than 300mg) do not promote dehydration during exercise.

date : May 17, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 2
Not your typical review, but a review nonetheless. The first thing we triathletes need before any training can be contemplated is COFFEE! Learn how to make espresso for early morning workouts.
date : March 22, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on indoor bike workouts, IM fueling, coke or broth, bikes and swimming exercises.

date : June 6, 2006
author : TriForrestTri
In order to maintain the rest of our life, we also have to become skilled at time management. Here are a few suggestions for getting workouts in when you can.
date : March 5, 2006
author : mikericci
The optimal number of times you should weight train is dependant on the time of year, how close you are to your A race, and which training cycle you are in.

date : January 30, 2006
author : acbadger
Should I have time goals for the first sprint? Should I just finish the race at a reasonable pace? I'm not sure how to approach this.