Site Issues Custom Training Plan Creator » Power based Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-06 7:43 PM

User image

Shreveport
Subject: Power based
Is there a power based ironman plan available and will a custom plan have an option for training with power or is it just heart rate based?

Thanks
Chris

2013-11-07 6:52 PM
in reply to: knighton

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Power based

Not yet - it is just HR based. 

We are working on updating some plans now and will start to add power in soon, but no firm timeline.

2013-11-08 1:05 AM
in reply to: #4894051

Subject: RE: Power based
Is there a recommended way to translate HR based cycling workouts into a %FTP workout? IE: cycle 1-3 hours in hr zone 1-2 could translate into cycle 1-3 hours in 50-75% FTP... I have no idea if that is even close. I love running workouts based on heart rate and time. But, cycling by heart rate feels too inconsistent for me.
New Thread
Site Issues Custom Training Plan Creator » Power based Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Do custom plans offer power workouts for the bike?

Started by MForger18
Views: 1248 Posts: 2

2013-01-23 11:19 AM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 19, 2009
author : jasongootman
comments : 0
Learn how a power meter can serve a role as a race-reconnaissance tool and to help in pacing so you don't go out too hard. Race power analysis included.

date : March 4, 2009
In this third part, we discuss bike workout types and how they relate to power training. Power analysis of workouts included. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.
date : January 20, 2009
In this second part, we discuss indoor, outdoor and ramp functional threshold tests to determine your power training zones. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.

date : December 3, 2008
What is power training? In this first part, learn the terms and definitions associated with power training. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.
date : October 21, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 1
Training with a power meter will make sure that you are spending every minute on the bike effectively. Racing with a power meter will keep you humble and in your proper zones on race day.

date : April 1, 2008
author : sportfactory
comments : 1
How will a power meter help my cycling training and racing? A few questions and answers will help determine if a power meter will be good for you.
date : March 17, 2008
author : CPT
In this third segment, Colorado Premier Training goes through several bike position tests to improve on rider efficiency. This was accomplished by varying the saddle height and aerobar width.

date : December 3, 2007
author : CPT
comments : 5
Colorado Premier Training goes over the basics of what bike power training is and how it relates to your optimal bike position.