General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi from 47yr old taking first steps Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-16 2:20 PM

Subject: Hi from 47yr old taking first steps
Hi, I'm just starting out on the journey into becoming a triathlete.

I've cycled now for about three years and following a session with an osteopath who has finally resolved some back problems I had have started running again.

It turned out I have a slight leg length imbalance which was throwing knees, hips and back out. I followed up from this session with a gait analysis and fitting for running shoes at a local sports shop who recommended Saucony Guide 6. Feel great and other than the knee pain, shin splints and sore feet from 30 years between runs!

A friend at work loaned me the Andy Holgate book and I went on to Iron War and was hooked.

Starting swimming this week and that is probably the scariest prospect so far. After years of diving I breaststroke and nothing else so have been watching the Total Immersion vids on YouTube with the idea of trying that.

Will let you know how that goes.

Looking forward to joining in.

Ajuvajay

2013-11-17 5:19 AM
in reply to: Ajuvajay

User image

Subject: RE: Hi from 47yr old taking first steps
welcome to the group you will find lots of good information here
2013-11-21 7:44 PM

Going on 48 yrs here soon, 30+years running experience with a variety of distances, track, cross country, road running-5ks 10ks, half marathons, marathon, 24 hour relay runs, team race across NYS. Started cycling this past summer on a very low end road bike, found out I like it. Have participated in a few team triathlons, RUNNER. Now I have this drive to actually do a half ironman by myself some day. Now learning the scariest and weakest part of the tri for me Swimming. I swim like a cork>. Ah a challenge!
2013-11-23 3:43 PM

Originally posted by Ajuvajay

Hi, I'm just starting out on the journey into becoming a triathlete.

I've cycled now for about three years and following a session with an osteopath who has finally resolved some back problems I had have started running again.

It turned out I have a slight leg length imbalance which was throwing knees, hips and back out. I followed up from this session with a gait analysis and fitting for running shoes at a local sports shop who recommended Saucony Guide 6. Feel great and other than the knee pain, shin splints and sore feet from 30 years between runs!

A friend at work loaned me the Andy Holgate book and I went on to Iron War and was hooked.

Starting swimming this week and that is probably the scariest prospect so far. After years of diving I breaststroke and nothing else so have been watching the Total Immersion vids on YouTube with the idea of trying that.

Will let you know how that goes.

Looking forward to joining in.

Ajuvajay

Welcome to the group. Don't ever hesitate to ask questions! Everyone is nice around here for the most part :-)
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi from 47yr old taking first steps Rss Feed