Other Resources My Cup of Joe » New business name/site- another WWCOJD Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-11-18 11:45 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa
Subject: RE: New business name/site- another WWCOJD

I think you are already sold on what you want to call it and you must already plan on the name being said wrong when you start selling them.  If that does not bother you at all.  Then go with the name you want and hope for the best.  I don't know any of the big name builders, but I don't care, because I know I can't afford them anyway.

Look at it this way.  Thule is usually pronounced wrong.  I have heard Nike wrong many times over the years, and with your name, you will be lucky to get it right 50% of the time.  But, if it ever does become one of those great things, people will correct others that are saying it wrong.

Good luck.

2013-11-18 11:55 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

I like the name and the meaning behind it. However I don't think it works as a marketable name. No one will know how to pronounce it, it will be hard to remember and it will be hard to find online.

I know you don't want to be the next Specialized, but you do want people to be able to remember your name when they see it on your tshirt, or when they see a sticker. Or when they see one of your bikes on a ride they need to be able to find you later on. 

Perhaps keep the name but come up with an abbreviated version for print and online advert. mscycles.com or something along those lines. I can see that on a sticker and remember it to look it up later. Once I get to the site I can see the real name and read about the meaning. I can also refer friends to mscycles, I can't however refer them to the official name unless I have it on me in print or in my phone or something. 

So keep the name, but figure out something else to use as a title. Maybe even a cyclebydave.com or something really easy like that. 

Anyway, glad to see you pursuing a dream to build frames, hope it all goes well and looking forward to seeing a completed product!

2013-11-18 1:57 PM
in reply to: Aarondb4

User image

Bronze member

Just my own perspective but I forget business names all the time or I don't even know what businesses are in the city to begin with. I just search by city and what I am looking for.  So for my used road bike I searched google for used bikes shops in St. Lou and found places I did not even know existed. So if someone searches for custom bike frames in xyz city will your shop turn up in a search?

Would I remember the name of that shop? Never, but google is really good at finding things for me.

Good luck, sounds cool. I like the story behind the name although I must also admit I would not have a clue of it's meaning.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » New business name/site- another WWCOJD Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Business card site recommendations (not like vistaprint)

Started by auto208562
Views: 3107 Posts: 6

2011-06-02 7:40 AM geauxtri

WWCOJD: Web site design on a budget

Started by AcesFull
Views: 804 Posts: 6

2009-06-02 10:03 AM steveseer

WwCOJD? - Name Change Pages: 1 2

Started by Sharkie
Views: 1436 Posts: 40

2009-05-18 7:38 AM Silver_wlf

WWCOJD re: sharing hotel room on a business trip Pages: 1 2

Started by condorman
Views: 2378 Posts: 36

2009-04-15 12:33 PM graceful_dave

need web site name???

Started by houston-tri-mama
Views: 473 Posts: 4

2007-11-07 10:36 AM houston-tri-mama
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : October 17, 2004
author : infosteward
I want your tastes to be satisfied. I want you to feel like you’re coming home each Monday when you view the new articles uploaded to the site.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!
author : Daniel Clout
My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.

date : August 31, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 38
Know how to get around BT. Some essentials on emails, passwords, pictures, login problems and more.