General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Possible move Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-21 5:17 AM

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: Possible move
Hey guys,

this year will be my second season doing Tri's. I'm kinda in a weird situation because I'm moving to back to the states in a month and I'll spend the first half of the season in North Carolina, but then I'll possibly be moving to the Montgomery area in June.

I'm trying to plan a race schedule, but don't know of to many late season tri's in the Montgomery area. Anyone know of some goods ones? I'd like to get two good ones, a B priority sprint in late July/early August and then an A priority Olympic in September... obviously i'm flexible a bit with that, but that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help!

2013-11-21 4:52 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Alabama
Subject: RE: Possible move
These folks have a few races and do a good job:

http://team-magic.com/

Of the Team Magic Races, Buster Britton, Mountain Lakes and the Brett Robinson Alabama Coastal are all good races and good events, well attended.

Also, this Olympic is a good one up on the base in Huntsville

http://www.teamrockettri.org/content/races/rocketman-triathlon

In addition, if you are looking for others, you can always find them here by state:

http://www.trifind.com/

Good Luck!!

Edited by pilotzs 2013-11-21 4:54 PM
2013-11-24 8:48 PM
in reply to: pilotzs

User image

Master
South Alabama

From Montgomery you are only a little over 2 hours from Atlanta. Lots of races over there and to the west of Atlanta which would even be closer to Montgomery. Plenty of races along the Florida Gulf Coast From late August(Sandestin) through October including the Santa Rosa Island Triathlon.and some others over toward Destin and Panama City.

2013-11-25 7:07 AM
in reply to: slornow

User image

Pro
Vestavia Hills
In addition to Alabama based Team Magic mentioned above (who puts on a quality race), two Georgia based race organizations you can count on to put on some of the more well established races are Tri the Parks (www.tribluesky.com) and Georgia Multisports Productions (www.gamulitsports.com).

Each of those Georgia race companies put on races close to the Alabama border. I set a PR at West Point Lake …during a heat wave and the lake was 88*+.

Welcome to Alabama. We moved from Atlanta to Birmingham 3 years ago …be prepared to answer "the question".

Originally posted by slornow

From Montgomery you are only a little over 2 hours from Atlanta. Lots of races over there and to the west of Atlanta which would even be closer to Montgomery. Plenty of races along the Florida Gulf Coast From late August(Sandestin) through October including the Santa Rosa Island Triathlon.and some others over toward Destin and Panama City.

2013-11-25 10:12 AM
in reply to: brian

User image

Expert
Alabama
Originally posted by brian

In addition to Alabama based Team Magic mentioned above (who puts on a quality race), two Georgia based race organizations you can count on to put on some of the more well established races are Tri the Parks (www.tribluesky.com) and Georgia Multisports Productions (www.gamulitsports.com).

Each of those Georgia race companies put on races close to the Alabama border. I set a PR at West Point Lake …during a heat wave and the lake was 88*+.

Welcome to Alabama. We moved from Atlanta to Birmingham 3 years ago …be prepared to answer "the question".

Originally posted by slornow

Alabama or Auburn?

Roll Tide!!!!
2013-11-25 10:49 AM
in reply to: pilotzs

User image

Master
South Alabama

2013-12-04 9:45 AM
in reply to: triathlonpal07

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by triathlonpal07

Hey guys,

this year will be my second season doing Tri's. I'm kinda in a weird situation because I'm moving to back to the states in a month and I'll spend the first half of the season in North Carolina, but then I'll possibly be moving to the Montgomery area in June.

I'm trying to plan a race schedule, but don't know of to many late season tri's in the Montgomery area. Anyone know of some goods ones? I'd like to get two good ones, a B priority sprint in late July/early August and then an A priority Olympic in September... obviously i'm flexible a bit with that, but that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help!

I'm from Montgomery. We have 2 races. As mentioned, Team Magic will be here for a sprint & oly end of May. Then we have a very small local sprint tri in Sept. Montgomery is very new to the tri scene. There are tons of foot racing; however, it is a slow grow for tri and cycling races.

You will have to travel if you want to race more. Montgomery is in a great location for travel. 1.5 hours from Birmingham, 2.5 hours from ATL, 3 hours to race in Panama City\Destin. 4 hours to race in TN and 5 hours to NOLA.

Look up Montgomery MultiSport. War Eagle!
2013-12-09 8:08 AM
in reply to: brian

User image

, North Carolina
Thanks for all the info guys! I'll have to look into some of these... I might be moving earlier than expected now so my season will be all messed up this year... but I'm still hoping to get in at least two good sprints this year.

Also...

It's good that I still have time to answer "The Question"... but since most of my friends are Alabama fans I'm gonna be leaning that direction anyway... I'm not too big into college sports though... But I was born and raised a Braves fan so being so close to Atlanta will be a big plus for my family
2013-12-10 4:23 PM

User image

Master
Gulf Shores, AL
Alabama Coastal is early 2nd week of September in Gulf Shores. Very good race and a great vacation spot too.
2013-12-12 11:33 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
ft. mitchell ,al / columbus ga
you can also check out www.tricolumbusga.com 3 races in Columbus GA half sprint and oly. about and 1.5 from Montgomery.
2013-12-13 11:36 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Team Magic just announced a 70.3 in Pell City!

2014-02-03 11:51 AM

New user

Check out Montgomery Multisport. They have a website and are very active in planning and participating in Tris.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Possible move Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

moving to alabama

Started by newadventures
Views: 1847 Posts: 7

2008-06-16 3:04 PM btchance
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 0
Feeling blah? Tempted to miss a workout? Here are some practices as well as on-the-spot tricks to get you into your workouts when you're just not feeling it.

date : March 16, 2009
author : Ron
comments : 1
How to copy, move and delete your training log workouts. Use this feature to perform customization to your training plans.