General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Coach in Plantation/Broward Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-22 8:58 AM

Subject: Swim Coach in Plantation/Broward
Hello everyone,
Would like to do my first tri, but never really learned how to swim. I need to get the confidence in open water so I don't freak out when my feet can't touch the bottom. I see a lot of people have mentioned Gary, the Stroke Doctor, but I would like something a little bit more for a beginner. Any suggestions for the Broward/Fort Lauderdale area?
Thanks!

2013-11-22 7:47 PM
in reply to: sourpatchkid

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Swim Coach in Plantation/Broward
Originally posted by sourpatchkidHello everyone,Would like to do my first tri, but never really learned how to swim. I need to get the confidence in open water so I don't freak out when my feet can't touch the bottom. I see a lot of people have mentioned Gary, the Stroke Doctor, but I would like something a little bit more for a beginner. Any suggestions for the Broward/Fort Lauderdale area? Thanks!
Have you looked at the city ( plantation)pool at Central Park? If they don't have adult swim lessons, I'm sure they have them at the hall of fame. Good luck.
2013-11-24 4:16 PM
in reply to: sourpatchkid

Gary is an amazing coach and can totally tailor to beginners. My friend could not do the freestyle stroke at all and can now freestyle her way through a half ironman...I would definitely give him a call!
2013-12-08 3:48 PM
in reply to: jill72

Thanks guys. I'll think about Gary some more. It'll have to wait until January though with final exams and holiday trips around the corner. Not looking forward to a cold pool, that's for sure!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Coach in Plantation/Broward Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Davie Nadadores Masters Team (Broward County)

Started by rdeclercq
Views: 1051 Posts: 1

2009-05-22 3:55 PM rdeclercq

BEGINNER TRI CLINIC BROWARD COUNTY

Started by Mimir98
Views: 1348 Posts: 8

2008-12-31 1:07 PM BeginnerMan

Name your favorite Broward-area LBS...

Started by lobstergirl
Views: 1185 Posts: 8

2008-08-26 7:28 PM lobstergirl

Broward Tri Clubs

Started by JonFSU
Views: 967 Posts: 5

2008-07-18 7:35 PM JonFSU

FYI Group trainings Broward / Palm Beach

Started by clflgrl
Views: 618 Posts: 1

2005-12-02 10:02 AM clflgrl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 15, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
This month we talk with gsmacleod, aka Coach Shane MacLeod on his coaching philosophy, his approach to gadgets, training plans, missed workouts and strength training.

date : September 14, 2008
author : Team BT
Receive online triathlon coaching via our forums, personal coaching through an affiliated coach or nutrition coaching from our certified nutritionist.
comments : 2
Details on how athletes can connect with registered BT coaches for training plans and personal triathlon coaching.

comments : 1
Details on how to use the 'Coaching System' to coach your athletes.
date : April 2, 2006
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on endurance building, bilateral breathing, kick drills with zoomers, tri versus competitive swimming, ramping up for a HIM and swim golf.

date : May 3, 2005
comments : 1
Swimming and golf can both present you with a meditative-like form of exercise that I have found to be both fulfilling and fun!
date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
How to choose a coach? A summary of three 'types' of coaches and the pros and cons of each.

date : August 31, 2004
Kevin Koskella of www.TriSwimCoach.com gives his introduction on how he became a swim coach.