General Discussion Triathlon Talk » South Bay Bike Fittings? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-30 10:03 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: South Bay Bike Fittings?
Hi SoCal Folks,

I'm starting to think about IMAZ in 11.5 months. I need a good fitting on my road bike (which may turn into a new tri-bike)

Who does good fittings in the area? I've been to the Redondo Beach Tri-Lab but haven't spoken to them about fittings yet. I would prefer to stay relatively local as I don't want to drive too far for regular bike service.

Who do you like? Shops, people, etc.

Thanks!

2013-12-01 8:07 PM
in reply to: JamieS

User image

Subject: RE: South Bay Bike Fittings?
The best. By far. Jim manton at ero sports over at the velodrome. People come from around the world to see him. I've done the Tri lab thing and it was not close. However that was a Tri bike and not a road bike. You're doing IMAZ on your roadie?
2013-12-01 10:19 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Veteran
Originally posted by ChrisM

You're doing IMAZ on your roadie?

Thanks Chris!

I haven't decided if I'm buying a Tri bike yet. I want to get a good fit on the roadie (and get measurements for a tri bike) Then decide what to do. I only have the road bike right now. Don't know if I'm going to ever really be serious enough about this Tri thing to drop $3-4000 on a bike.

2013-12-02 2:20 PM

check out trizone in los alimatos, they are slow twitch certified and a professional bike fitting comes with all bikes sold there.
2013-12-02 3:44 PM

User image

Originally posted by JamieS
Originally posted by ChrisM You're doing IMAZ on your roadie?
Thanks Chris! I haven't decided if I'm buying a Tri bike yet. I want to get a good fit on the roadie (and get measurements for a tri bike) Then decide what to do. I only have the road bike right now. Don't know if I'm going to ever really be serious enough about this Tri thing to drop $3-4000 on a bike.

Not sure what Jim charges for a road bike fitting.  Honestly, I would not get a tri bike fitting unless you were going to buy a tri bike, as they can be expensive (although best money I've spent in tris).  Road bike has a lot less complexity than a tri bike fit.... and then you go and throw clip on bars on it and change the road fit 

For pure road bike can also look at Paul Che at Sprockets.  Good guy. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » South Bay Bike Fittings? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

South Bay San Jose/Morgan Hill Races

Started by nevergivin
Views: 1144 Posts: 3

2010-01-15 9:40 AM ericd256

Good swim coach in the South Bay area?

Started by Longshot
Views: 1117 Posts: 3

2009-03-19 2:49 PM ChrisM

UVAS South Bay Triathlon

Started by us50090
Views: 628 Posts: 4

2007-04-16 11:57 PM us50090

Need some good ride recommendations in South Bay/Penninsula

Started by CarenM
Views: 919 Posts: 8

2006-09-18 5:41 PM betyoursilver

New Sports Basement in Sunnyvale (South Bay)

Started by us50090
Views: 991 Posts: 3

2005-11-15 3:53 PM kirby
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : March 4, 2010
author : sarahhaselup
comments : 14
A 34 year old new runner gives a shot at her first triathlon in the chilly waters of the San Francisco Bay.
date : May 11, 2009
comments : 0
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.

date : March 13, 2009
comments : 2
I cannot get comfortable without the nose of the saddle being tilted down. I have tried many different seats and had two professional fittings, but still have excessive numbness and discomfort.
date : December 27, 2008
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.

date : March 7, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Our regular USAT coach chat with lots of tips including discussions on Computrainers, bike fitting and position, triathlon and marathon training, Tim DeBoom lunges and nutrition.
date : September 4, 2004
Thoughts on low carbohydrate diets in conjuntion with triathlon training.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Team BT
We did really well with the beers, which will explain my reluctance to get out of bed on Saturday morning.