Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Political Joe TAN

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn
Originally posted by jeffnboise

Merry Christmas

Happy Holidays

etc

etc

Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all; Additionally, a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2000, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions have helped make our society great, without regard to the race, creed, color, religious, or sexual preferences of the wishes. (Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.)

lol, that made me smile.  

2013-12-26 2:52 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by tuwood

Merry Christmas

Happy Holidays

etc

etc

Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all; Additionally, a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2000, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions have helped make our society great, without regard to the race, creed, color, religious, or sexual preferences of the wishes. (Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.)

lol, that made me smile.  

Me, too! 

I "heart" you guys.   sniff...sniff

2013-12-26 3:03 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Pro

Merry Christmas

Happy Holidays

etc

etc

lol, that made me smile.  

Me, too! 

I "heart" you guys sniff...sniff

Dude, no.....the holiday is over, let's get back to bidness.

2013-12-26 3:08 PM
in reply to: JoshR

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by JoshR

Hey, PoTan!

Hope everyone had great weekend.

Bears won!-Yay!  Cowboys lost. Normally a Yay, but they let GB beat them, so Boo.

Pat Lost

Broncos Lost

Does ANYONE besides Seattle want to win the SuperBowl?!  (Not that the Bears have ANY chance

Seahawks! Seahawks!

I have nothing further to contribute.

Yesterday worked out pretty well for the Seahawks. They got to play in the super bowl-host venue, run their offense on the same turf, familiarize themselves with the facility and the weather conditions. And they got to scrimmage against a team with a few actual NFL players on it.

I feel bad for you guys. Eli is going to cost $20m/yr for the next few years. I haven't watched enough games to know why he's sucking, but man, a few of those interceptions were just bad. The 1st one to Sherman, that's Sherman's bread and butter play. I swear half of his INT's are that exact play.

I'll start with a disclaimer that I'm a big Eli fan and I'm probably a lttle unrealistic about things as it relates to him, having said that...

I have been steadfast in that I refuse to be one of those irritating, entitled NY fans who acts like the world is coming to an end every time his team has a bad year or even doesn't win a championship. Eli's won two SB's in the last 10 years. Most fans would gladly take that even if it meant that most of the other 8 years weren't going to be so good. It's a bizarre stat that, except for the two years he's won the superbowl, Eli hasn't won a single playoff game.

Eli's had a poor year by any measure, but, to be fair to him, he's had a patchwork O-line, no running game to speak of (I think they were on their sixth-string RB at one point), disappointing play by their TE Brandon Meyers, who was supposed to give Eli another passing option, but who has caught only 45 passes, far less than he caught last year in Oakland. Of his receivers, only Cruz has been a bright spot. The rest of his receivers have run poor rouotes, dropped and deflected passes, and generally been out of sync all year. I would say that at least half of his interceptions have been the result of receivers running bad routes or deflecting catchable passes into defenders' arms. (It's not just me saying this-- watch almost any Giants game this year, and you'll hear the announcers saying, "That one wasn't really on Eli-- Jernigan broke off the route instead of going deep" or "Tough to blame that one on the QB-- it was a catchable ball that bounced off the receiver's pads")

I'd still take Eli over many, many QB's in the league (and over every other QB in the NFC East). If the Giants, who are traditionally good gatherers of talent can add a couple of good free-agent linemen, a tall receiver (either at TE or WR) which Eli has always been successful with, and a running back who can at least stay healthy for most of the season, they'll be good again. That sounds like a lot, but it's not impossible, even in one offseason. Luckily, they play in a horrible division, so it won't take more than nine or ten wins to give them a good shot at the playoffs.
2013-12-26 3:30 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete

Merry PTO all.

2013-12-27 12:18 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Hey, PoTan!

Bears won!-Yay!  Cowboys lost. Normally a Yay, but they let GB beat them, so Boo.

Pat Lost

Broncos Lost

Does ANYONE besides Seattle want to win the SuperBowl?!  (Not that the Bears have ANY chance

Seahawks! Seahawks! I have nothing further to contribute.
Yesterday worked out pretty well for the Seahawks. They got to play in the super bowl-host venue, run their offense on the same turf, familiarize themselves with the facility and the weather conditions. And they got to scrimmage against a team with a few actual NFL players on it.
I feel bad for you guys. Eli is going to cost $20m/yr for the next few years. I haven't watched enough games to know why he's sucking, but man, a few of those interceptions were just bad. The 1st one to Sherman, that's Sherman's bread and butter play. I swear half of his INT's are that exact play.
I'll start with a disclaimer that I'm a big Eli fan and I'm probably a lttle unrealistic about things as it relates to him, having said that... I have been steadfast in that I refuse to be one of those irritating, entitled NY fans who acts like the world is coming to an end every time his team has a bad year or even doesn't win a championship. Eli's won two SB's in the last 10 years. Most fans would gladly take that even if it meant that most of the other 8 years weren't going to be so good. It's a bizarre stat that, except for the two years he's won the superbowl, Eli hasn't won a single playoff game. Eli's had a poor year by any measure, but, to be fair to him, he's had a patchwork O-line, no running game to speak of (I think they were on their sixth-string RB at one point), disappointing play by their TE Brandon Meyers, who was supposed to give Eli another passing option, but who has caught only 45 passes, far less than he caught last year in Oakland. Of his receivers, only Cruz has been a bright spot. The rest of his receivers have run poor rouotes, dropped and deflected passes, and generally been out of sync all year. I would say that at least half of his interceptions have been the result of receivers running bad routes or deflecting catchable passes into defenders' arms. (It's not just me saying this-- watch almost any Giants game this year, and you'll hear the announcers saying, "That one wasn't really on Eli-- Jernigan broke off the route instead of going deep" or "Tough to blame that one on the QB-- it was a catchable ball that bounced off the receiver's pads") I'd still take Eli over many, many QB's in the league (and over every other QB in the NFC East). If the Giants, who are traditionally good gatherers of talent can add a couple of good free-agent linemen, a tall receiver (either at TE or WR) which Eli has always been successful with, and a running back who can at least stay healthy for most of the season, they'll be good again. That sounds like a lot, but it's not impossible, even in one offseason. Luckily, they play in a horrible division, so it won't take more than nine or ten wins to give them a good shot at the playoffs.

Every team in the NFL has that wish list. lol  Tom Coughlin should go-I don't think he can't motivate his players anymore.

2013-12-27 12:37 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Hey, PoTan!

Pat Lost

Broncos Lost

I'll start with a disclaimer that I'm a big Eli fan and I'm probably a lttle unrealistic about things as it relates to him, having said that... I have been steadfast in that I refuse to be one of those irritating, entitled NY fans who acts like the world is coming to an end every time his team has a bad year or even doesn't win a championship. Eli's won two SB's in the last 10 years. Most fans would gladly take that even if it meant that most of the other 8 years weren't going to be so good. It's a bizarre stat that, except for the two years he's won the superbowl, Eli hasn't won a single playoff game. Eli's had a poor year by any measure, but, to be fair to him, he's had a patchwork O-line, no running game to speak of (I think they were on their sixth-string RB at one point), disappointing play by their TE Brandon Meyers, who was supposed to give Eli another passing option, but who has caught only 45 passes, far less than he caught last year in Oakland. Of his receivers, only Cruz has been a bright spot. The rest of his receivers have run poor rouotes, dropped and deflected passes, and generally been out of sync all year. I would say that at least half of his interceptions have been the result of receivers running bad routes or deflecting catchable passes into defenders' arms. (It's not just me saying this-- watch almost any Giants game this year, and you'll hear the announcers saying, "That one wasn't really on Eli-- Jernigan broke off the route instead of going deep" or "Tough to blame that one on the QB-- it was a catchable ball that bounced off the receiver's pads") I'd still take Eli over many, many QB's in the league (and over every other QB in the NFC East). If the Giants, who are traditionally good gatherers of talent can add a couple of good free-agent linemen, a tall receiver (either at TE or WR) which Eli has always been successful with, and a running back who can at least stay healthy for most of the season, they'll be good again. That sounds like a lot, but it's not impossible, even in one offseason. Luckily, they play in a horrible division, so it won't take more than nine or ten wins to give them a good shot at the playoffs.

Every team in the NFL has that wish list. lol  Tom Coughlin should go-I don't think he can't motivate his players anymore.

I think Coughlin's earned the right to go out on his terms; I don't think they should fire him. If he decides to stay, I doubt it will be for more than one more year, and I'd be willing to give him that. I think he comes back for the one year and either redeems his horrible 2013 season or confirms that he's part of the problem and steps aside.
2013-12-27 1:13 PM
in reply to: uclamatt2007

User image

Master
Folsom (Sacramento), CA
Originally posted by uclamatt2007

Hey, PoTan!

Pat Lost

Broncos Lost

Seahawks! Seahawks!

Slow down now, all it is going to take is back to back home losses against Arizona and St Louisfrom Seattle and SF will clinch the division.

I'm wondering if I should head to Vegas to put money on that? :p

Hmmm.... half way there
2013-12-27 4:05 PM
in reply to: uclamatt2007

User image

Elite
Boise

Hey, PoTan!

Pat Lost

Broncos Lost

Seahawks! Seahawks!

Slow down now, all it is going to take is back to back home losses against Arizona and St Louisfrom Seattle and SF will clinch the division.

I'm wondering if I should head to Vegas to put money on that? :p

Hmmm.... half way there

You have to beat AZ too. That should be a good game.
2013-12-27 10:10 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite

Hey, PoTan!

Pat Lost

Broncos Lost

Who gives a flyin' fart? So so so tired of hearing about the Giants.... or the Jets.... and Coughlin.... and Ryan..... and pouty face Eli.... and mediocre Sanchez....

There is actually a whole entire league with 30 other teams outside the NY market. 

Happy New Year

Edited by powerman 2013-12-27 10:10 PM
2013-12-30 3:47 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Elite
Boise

Okay, I thought this was funny.

2013-12-31 12:47 PM
in reply to: JoshR

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Happy New Years, Everyone! 

(sigh....Yes! I mean EVERYONE!)  lol

2013-12-31 1:42 PM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

We're going shooting today......wanna join?

2013-12-31 2:03 PM
in reply to: bradleyd3

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by bradleyd3

We're going shooting today......wanna join?

Ugh! I've got Low Light AND Quarterly Qual courses this weekend-at night-in balmy Boise, ID.  Temps will be in the twentys.  L O V E my job!

Be Safe-Have Fun.  Remember your eyes and ears.

2013-12-31 5:28 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
2014-01-06 10:39 AM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Happy Monday, PoTAN!

And Goodby to the holidays.   Now I just have to pay for my children's Christmas happiness.

2014-01-06 11:03 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Happy New Year Jeff.  

2014-01-06 11:07 AM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Happy New Year Jeff.  

And to you and yours, as well.   

I look forward to another year of stimulating discussions; however, I really 'should' focus on my training a bit more.

2014-01-06 11:11 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Happy New Year Jeff.  

And to you and yours, as well.   

I look forward to another year of stimulating discussions; however, I really 'should' focus on my training a bit more.

lol, tell me about it.  I'm finally done whining about being burnt out last year from IMWI in 2012.  I put on almost 20 lbs. being a slacker, so the gloves are off again this year.  doing 5150 Kansas and likely Miami 70.3.

2014-01-07 3:48 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

I've got a new work schedule so I'm all over the map this season; road races, trail races, RAGNAR, 3-4 day bike tours, STP, some Oly Tris and 'maybe' a 70.3 in the fall.   I've realized my Olympic dreams are not going to happen, so F.U.N. is the order of the day. 

Providing my calf doesn't blow up.  :/

2014-01-14 3:30 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Bump.....

and a BIG

WHAZZUPP?

Benghazzi, Nope

IRS Scandal  Nothing to See

Gun Control and School Shootings  Not a chance

Affordable Care Act Horror Stories  Comical, but not very entertaining

2014-01-16 5:26 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Enjoy your weekend, folks!

2014-01-16 5:33 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

You too Jeff... Wait a minute, it's not Friday yet.

2014-01-17 11:11 AM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

You too Jeff... Wait a minute, it's not Friday yet.

Yeah. Got ahead of myself a bit there. 

(breaks out into a High School Choir song

Today is Fridaaay daay...Friday daaay....

Today, today. Today is Friday Daaaay. 

Other days just never rated-all those classes that we hated,

but TODAY we're all eleated.....What's TODAY?

Friday Daaay.  It's Friday Daaay!

I'm going Ice Fishing this weekend.  Gotta head out to WalMart and stock up on DuckDynasty fishing gear, outdoor clothing, lunchbox and bobbleheads.

2014-01-20 2:19 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

You know, if you're going to introduce anti-gun law I can respect you're right to do that.  Let Democracy take it's course.

However, I do strongly suggest that you take a few minutes to educate yourself on the terminology of what you're trying to ban so you don't make yourself sound like an idiot.  ;-)

Anti-Gun Senator Makes a Fool of Himself

It also helps keep loopholes down because I don't own any 30 caliber clips and most certainly don't have a gun that can shoot 30 magazine/clips in a half a second so the legislation would likely not have the desired effect.  

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Political Joe TAN Rss Feed  

of 9

RELATED POSTS

Best political news in awhile.

Started by ejshowers
Views: 1251 Posts: 10

2013-05-30 2:33 PM spudone
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 13, 2012
author : VeloPress
comments : 0
Coach Joe Friel Simplifies Power Meters with New User Guide for Cyclists and Triathletes

date : November 19, 2007
author : mpk
I went down to the beach the day before to scout out the course, and it was glorious...the sun was out, the sea was as smooth as glass, and only a hint of a breeze was blowing. “Perfect,” I thought.
date : October 4, 2007
author : R_Laberje
comments : 14
Humorous short story about giving up feminine luxuries for the triathlon fitness lifestyle.

date : March 8, 2007
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 2
How tricked out can someone make a triathlon duffel bag that stands out from the rest?
date : September 3, 2004
author : tboepple
Joe Friel - Periodization

Joe Friel, Bike Technique & Training (Physiology)
Aero Positioning on the Bike – John Cobb

Details on the first Texas Triathlon Camp with Tom Rodgers, Joe Friel, John cobb, Lauren Maule and Andre Rizo.