Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Caroline Eriksen Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 1

2013-12-04 12:33 PM

User image

Champion
Calgary
Subject: Caroline Eriksen
My personal view is that we should not judge what a woman does 4 days after giving birth to a baby.

http://www.mamamia.com.au/health-wellbeing/post-baby-body-caroline-...

2013-12-04 12:38 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Subject: RE: Caroline Eriksen

X2    I would add that my personal view is we should not let how other people feel about themselves govern how we feel about ourself.  The blog is a ridiculous rant.  Of course, I am a man

Edited by ChrisM 2013-12-04 12:38 PM
2013-12-04 1:24 PM

User image

NC
"I don’t want to write this post, [but seeing as how this presents a perfectly polarizing topic preying on people's insecurities and certain to direct readers to my blog from around the word, I suppose I will!]."

Edited by Goosedog 2013-12-04 1:25 PM
2013-12-04 1:41 PM
in reply to: Goosedog

User image

Pro

"Are you coping okay? How are you feeling about being a mum?  How are you feeling about your new baby? Connected? Disconnected? Nothing?  Are you feeling traumatised about your labour?  Did you end up with or choose to have a cesar?  Has your milk come in?  Having breastfeeding issues?  Wanting to bottle feed but feeling alone?  Wanting to cry all the time for no particular reason?"

Geez.....................I think I'll take "measuring johnson's" for 100 please.  

2013-12-04 1:44 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Originally posted by Left Brain

"Are you coping okay? How are you feeling about being a mum?  How are you feeling about your new baby? Connected? Disconnected? Nothing?  Are you feeling traumatised about your labour?  Did you end up with or choose to have a cesar?  Has your milk come in?  Having breastfeeding issues?  Wanting to bottle feed but feeling alone?  Wanting to cry all the time for no particular reason?"

Geez.....................I think I'll take "measuring johnson's" for 100 please.  

Holy cr@p, is that a direct quote?  I suppose I didn't actually read much after the middle part. 

Honestly?  I'd rather see pics of the hot mom than endless baby pics, as people seem to do.  I mean, I know it's special that you gave birth to a human being and all, but that's been going on for a couple hundred thousand years now

2013-12-04 1:54 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by ChrisM

Holy cr@p, is that a direct quote?  I suppose I didn't actually read much after the middle part. 

Honestly?  I'd rather see pics of the hot mom than endless baby pics, as people seem to do.  I mean, I know it's special that you gave birth to a human being and all, but that's been going on for a couple hundred thousand years now

Yeah, that's a quote........................ that is all.

2013-12-04 1:59 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by ChrisM

What I found annoying about the article is that it seemed like the writer was trying to cover up her jealousy with the idea that she was upset that the new mom isn't talking ALL ABOUT HER BABY. Really? Give me a break. She's still a person with an identity other than her baby. It's OK if she doesn't focus on her baby ALL THE TIME. 

The writer of the article is jealous. Or at the least slightly annoyed. 

2013-12-04 2:09 PM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Seattle

Uhh yeaaaah, if this whole "act of war against mothers" encourages moms around the world to NOT pull up a chair to the fridge upon becoming pregnant AND to maintain their individualism I'm IN.

Plus I see it as a major plus to have an occasional hot mom pic to break up all the baby pics bombarding my facebook feed.

2013-12-04 2:11 PM

User image

Bronze member

I think the whole selfie thing is weird, but don't care enough to write an article about it.

There is a whole weird wave of  fit Mom's and restaurant receipts on my Yahoo news feed lately. I'm can't figure out why I'm supposed to care about any of it.

All I end up thinking is I need to get a new homepage.

2013-12-04 2:14 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Bronze member

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Uhh yeaaaah, if this whole "act of war against mothers" encourages moms around the world to NOT pull up a chair to the fridge upon becoming pregnant AND to maintain their individualism I'm IN.

Plus I see it as a major plus to have an occasional hot mom pic to break up all the baby pics bombarding my facebook feed.

Yeah, it's ironic. I have a friend who expressed her frustration to me once about how she gets so sick of seeing all the kid pics on FB. Now she has one of her own and posts photos almost daily. I can't think of that many cute comments to go with the cute photos!

2013-12-04 2:21 PM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

To be fair to women who have had kids... from the looks of it Caroline was pretty thin when she got pregnant, and she looks rather young. A 35 year old women who is 40 pounds overweight isn't going to fair so well after having a baby... and that's the majority of women having kids! 

I would have been more impressed with the after-baby selfie if Caroline hadn't had a super model body BEFORE the pregnancy. 

2013-12-04 2:34 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by KSH

To be fair to women who have had kids... from the looks of it Caroline was pretty thin when she got pregnant, and she looks rather young. A 35 year old women who is 40 pounds overweight isn't going to fair so well after having a baby... and that's the majority of women having kids! 

I would have been more impressed with the after-baby selfie if Caroline hadn't had a super model body BEFORE the pregnancy. 

It doesn't have much to do with age....it's all fitness from what I've seen. (isn't it always?)   My wife is 5'9" and 130....she has been that way forever....sher is diligent with her fitness and diet.  She gained 31 lbs. carrying twins at age 35.  One week after they were bown she weighed 132.  She excersized her entire pregnancy. 

I think the model gal/mom looks fantastic...... hell, babies all look the same to me.

So, in closing............... has your milk come in?? LMAO

2013-12-04 2:41 PM

User image

Seattle

This actually reminds me of Lauren Fleshman's blog a while back: http://asklaurenfleshman.com/2013/11/keeping-it-real/

2013-12-04 2:42 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by KSH

It doesn't have much to do with age....it's all fitness from what I've seen. (isn't it always?)   My wife is 5'9" and 130....she has been that way forever....sher is diligent with her fitness and diet.  She gained 31 lbs. carrying twins at age 35.  One week after they were bown she weighed 132.  She excersized her entire pregnancy. 

I think the model gal/mom looks fantastic...... hell, babies all look the same to me.

So, in closing............... has your milk come in?? LMAO

Isn't that question still about her? WHAT ABOUT THE BABY!?!

2013-12-04 2:48 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago
Yeah that's jealousy speaking right there.

Edited by mr2tony 2013-12-04 2:50 PM
2013-12-04 3:15 PM

User image

Elite
Originally posted by mr2tony

Yeah that's jealousy speaking right there.

"War on women?" Seriously?? Gimme a break.

I agree with trigal on the ridiculousness of "selfies." The only war I'd throw out there should be a war on self-obsession, but that would be a futile effort.

The woman is obviously in great shape. Kudos to her. Every woman is different. The blogger sounds mighty jealous in my opinion.

• ..and one more thing, maybe she's not comfortable putting her baby's pic out on the ol' interweb. Geez, this blogger seems pretty darn jealous.

• Edited by ChineseDemocracy 2013-12-04 3:18 PM

2013-12-04 3:54 PM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Veteran
    More hot mom pics, less ugly baby pics! I don't have a kid, never will. I do, however, have a cat. Sometimes I feel like taking eleventy bazillion stupid pictures of my cat and plastering them all over facebook so maybe the new moms (and some not new moms) will see how absurdly annoying it is to see the same fracking kid every other post on the news feed... which are, oh so conveniently, cross posted from instagram, complete with hashtags. #pleasestopputtinghashtagsonfacebooktheydontbelongthereandnoonelikesthem
    P.S. If you cant see the drizzling sarcasm and humor in my post then you are going to get bombarded with pics of my cat... so there!
    2013-12-04 4:53 PM
    in reply to: Tiffanator

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by Tiffanator More hot mom pics, less ugly baby pics! I don't have a kid, never will. I do, however, have a cat. Sometimes I feel like taking eleventy bazillion stupid pictures of my cat and plastering them all over facebook so maybe the new moms (and some not new moms) will see how absurdly annoying it is to see the same fracking kid every other post on the news feed... which are, oh so conveniently, cross posted from instagram, complete with hashtags. #pleasestopputtinghashtagsonfacebooktheydontbelongthereandnoonelikesthem P.S. If you cant see the drizzling sarcasm and humor in my post then you are going to get bombarded with pics of my cat... so there!

And maybe even some hot cats every now and again.

2013-12-04 4:54 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Maryland

Originally posted by Tiffanator More hot mom pics, less ugly baby pics! I don't have a kid, never will. I do, however, have a cat. Sometimes I feel like taking eleventy bazillion stupid pictures of my cat and plastering them all over facebook so maybe the new moms (and some not new moms) will see how absurdly annoying it is to see the same fracking kid every other post on the news feed... which are, oh so conveniently, cross posted from instagram, complete with hashtags. #pleasestopputtinghashtagsonfacebooktheydontbelongthereandnoonelikesthem P.S. If you cant see the drizzling sarcasm and humor in my post then you are going to get bombarded with pics of my cat... so there!

meeeee-owwwwww

2013-12-04 9:06 PM

User image

Champion
    Calgary

This actually reminds me of Lauren Fleshman's blog a while back: http://asklaurenfleshman.com/2013/11/keeping-it-real/

cool
    2013-12-05 12:11 PM

User image

Veteran

Hot cat pics... totally fine with me. Or hot moms of hot cats holding the hot cats. Wait... does that make sense?

2013-12-05 1:25 PM
    in reply to: Tiffanator

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by Tiffanator

Hot cat pics... totally fine with me. Or hot moms of hot cats holding the hot cats. Wait... does that make sense?

I follow. And approve.

2013-12-05 1:47 PM

User image

Champion
    Chicago

I follow. And approve.

Hot moms with cats? WTF are you people talking about?
    2013-12-05 2:01 PM
    in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Pro

I follow. And approve.

Admit it Tony, you're wanting to bottle feed but feeling alone.

2013-12-05 2:15 PM
    in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Veteran

I follow. And approve.

Um, it's hot moms with HOT cats... get it right. Now where is that sarcasm font? ;-)
    New Thread
    Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Caroline Eriksen Rss Feed  

of 1