General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PSA for Garmin Forerunner 305 with the Foot Pod Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-12-11 11:47 AM

User image

Oakville
Subject: PSA for Garmin Forerunner 305 with the Foot Pod

I picked up the Garmin foot pod earlier this year to work on my run cadence. 

For the most part it worked great and I managed to increase my cadence from around 82 to 90.

BUT, I found that there would be periodic dropouts during every run where the cadence would be cut in half - i.e. it would read at 88 to 90 and then drop suddenly to 44 or 45 for brief periods. 

This was fine to track cadence while I was running as all I had to do was double the number when it dropped , but it was useless to track average cadence for the workout.

I tried replacing the battery but it didn't fix the problem.

I finally decided to look into this and found that others had the same problem and all limited to the Forerunner 305, specifically with the most current firmware update - version 2.90.  Apparently the food pod works fine with the 310 and the 910.

The fix for the 305 is to downgrade the firmware to version 2.80 which (so far, so good) has worked for me.  Three runs on the new firmware and not one cadence dropout.  

The link to firmware version 2.80 is below and included in the download is a text file with instructions on how to upload the file.

http://www.gawisp.com/perry/forerunner/Forerunner305_280.exe

A caution that you need to download your workout history before the update as it will wipe your memory including all presets - i.e. auto-lap, auto-pause, workouts, etc.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PSA for Garmin Forerunner 305 with the Foot Pod Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

PSA - Garmin 305 for $116 shipped

Started by WelshinPhilly
Views: 676 Posts: 1

2009-12-04 2:03 PM WelshinPhilly

Garmin Forerunner 305

Started by SuzanneS
Views: 1023 Posts: 8

2007-02-14 10:57 AM sunburnin

Deal of the week, Garmin Forerunner 305

Started by ChrisM
Views: 948 Posts: 4

2007-01-10 10:19 PM Atak Kat

Garmin Forerunner 305 ship date

Started by jszat
Views: 1233 Posts: 13

2006-03-29 12:01 PM Tri-It

Garmin Forerunner 305

Started by millarg
Views: 1483 Posts: 4

2006-02-07 5:05 PM vortmax
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 12, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
In this review, we put the Garmin Forerunner 405 and the Suunto T6C heart-rate and GPS watches through the wringers.

date : August 24, 2009
author : AMSSM
I sometimes have severe pains on the top of my left foot. It feels like a knife is stabbing my inner foot on the outer portion of my foot. These pains happen mainly at night but not while riding.
date : February 11, 2009
I have a pain on the far left side of my left foot, all the way to the left and a little in front of the heel. It hurts after I run for 45 minutes or so. It hurts pretty badly for the next 48 hours.

date : June 18, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 3
Easily transfer your workout data from your Garmin, Polar, Timex and more directly into your BT training log. Eliminate the manual entries. Save time!
date : May 12, 2008
Ever since running that marathon I have been experiencing stiffness and discomfort in my left foot, from the fourth and fifth metatarsals to about my mid foot.

date : March 26, 2008
author : Team BT
Instructions on how to directly upload routes from your Garmin training device into your training logs.
date : August 7, 2007
What would cause my foot to fall asleep after running about 3 miles and then have a numb spot on the top of my instep?

date : July 30, 2006
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.