General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Louisville : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2014-02-21 2:41 PM
in reply to: wanna race

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Ironman Louisville : Official Thread
Looking forward to meeting everyone there!

How is everyone doing with their training?

2014-02-23 12:31 PM
in reply to: amymengel

User image

Regular
Akron
I located to Florida a few days ago from OH. Training outside is awesome especially when you can lap swim outdoors
2014-02-23 10:47 PM
in reply to: SEADOCHA

User image

Extreme Veteran
I know the feeling. I moved to San Diego about a year and a half ago from Cincinnati. Loving the warm temps and sunshine. :-) Hope you are enjoying more outdoor training.
2014-02-25 1:32 PM
in reply to: amymengel

User image

Regular
Akron
it was a blessing until my tire separated on my rental bike! bummer the outdoor swimming rocked! back in OH again with out motivation.
2014-02-26 2:13 PM

Arden, North Carolina
I'm staying a decent ways away from the race grounds, so I hope that's not a problem. I'm at a best western near the airport. about 5 miles away. Just couldn't drop the $$ on the hotels close to the site, this place was really cheap, nice, and free breakfast.

My training isn't so much IM focused just yet, I have a Half I'm training for in may, then a short break, then gearing up for IM training. Though I'm tailoring my training to be more IM "like." So still more low intensity stuff than I'd otherwise do if the Half were my big race.

Been dealing with some nagging foot injuries, so I don't want to aggravate it. Just trying to hang on till IM training really ramps up
2014-02-27 1:20 PM
in reply to: TriDadinAsheville

Arden, North Carolina
I am officially in. I just registered this afternoon. Bring it on Louisville!!!

2014-03-01 7:30 PM
in reply to: TriDadinAsheville

User image

Elite
N Carolina
I've stayed at the Hyatt both times I've done Louisville. I would stay there again in a heartbeat! It is funny that it is closer to the finish line than the med tent!
2014-03-07 1:01 PM
in reply to: #4913608

User image

IMKY will be my first full-distance race and only my 4th triathlon ever. Thought I'd take as stab at the whole multisport thing after running 10 marathons... I'm starting to think I've caught the "tri-bug"!
2014-03-13 7:24 PM
in reply to: #4961464

User image

Veteran
Kingwood, TX
I am thinking about transferring my IMTX entry to IM Louisville due to an injury; challenge is if I do that it will be solo; based on info above it looks like I can walk to start and hobble from the finish from the Hyatt - anyone have any insight on if that is a good option? Is that the Hyatt on 311 S 4th? Thanks!!
2014-03-13 8:33 PM
in reply to: jls42

User image

That's my plan, had to transfer from Texas to Louisville due to injury.
2014-03-14 9:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
The Hyatt or the Galt are both great options.

2014-03-14 1:33 PM

I am also a Florida transplant from Ohio. I used to live in Hudson and am now in Jacksonville. Planning to do IMLouisville. Just curious about where in Akron you moved from and where in Florida you live?
2014-03-14 3:05 PM

User image

Chicago, IL

Originally posted by jls42 I am thinking about transferring my IMTX entry to IM Louisville due to an injury; challenge is if I do that it will be solo; based on info above it looks like I can walk to start and hobble from the finish from the Hyatt - anyone have any insight on if that is a good option? Is that the Hyatt on 311 S 4th? Thanks!!

The only problem I see with this hotel is that you'll have to figure out a way of handling your bike and T-bags pick up, which will be over by the river, and need to be removed by shortly after midnight.

Since you're solo, you'll need to manage this yourself, and I'd recommend staying as close to the start as possible to avoid an additional, lengthy round trip after 140.6 miles.

2014-03-14 4:14 PM
in reply to: Brit Abroad

User image

Veteran
Kingwood, TX
Originally posted by Brit Abroad

Originally posted by jls42 I am thinking about transferring my IMTX entry to IM Louisville due to an injury; challenge is if I do that it will be solo; based on info above it looks like I can walk to start and hobble from the finish from the Hyatt - anyone have any insight on if that is a good option? Is that the Hyatt on 311 S 4th? Thanks!!

The only problem I see with this hotel is that you'll have to figure out a way of handling your bike and T-bags pick up, which will be over by the river, and need to be removed by shortly after midnight.

Since you're solo, you'll need to manage this yourself, and I'd recommend staying as close to the start as possible to avoid an additional, lengthy round trip after 140.6 miles.

Thanks - I will use the Tri-bike transport and their valet service so I don't have to mess with anything after the race.
2014-03-15 7:07 PM

User image

Elite
N Carolina
That would be the correct Hyatt. The Marriott is also close by but about a block over, I believe.
2014-03-20 4:01 PM
in reply to: japarker24

User image

Chicago
Hi all, just wanted to pop over as I just transferred my IMCDA registration over to Louisville. Looking forward to it!

2014-04-03 8:42 AM
in reply to: Skipjack_50

User image

Veteran
Grand Rapids, MI
How's training going for folks? I'm using Fink's Be Iron Fit (slightly modified timeframe) and in my first week of Build. 10 weeks in and have stuck to the plan so far. Only bad part is it's been all indoors so far... just ready to be outside!!!
2014-04-03 12:15 PM
in reply to: BCYoder

User image

Regular
St. Joseph, MI
Good and bad

The good: my first outdoor ride yesterday on my new (used) bike. The bad: developed PF in my left foot about a month ago, its not getting better but not getting worse either. Maybe a week or two off will help.

Using Fink's plan also except for the swim, he needs a little more variety in the workouts for experienced swimmers.
2014-04-03 2:08 PM
in reply to: BCYoder

User image

Chicago
Pretty good. I transferred from IMCDA and am doing Finks intermediate program as well..which means..well..I've been in base phase for a long dam time (started late Dec)! Which is probably a good thing since I did very little after IMCDA last year.

Last week of the "base" however and I'm modifying the plan a bit. Sticking to 2 swims/week (vs the 3 his plan goes into), and am spending more time on the bike than what is prescribed.

All in all pretty well so far, and am excited to be doing Louisville this year.
2014-04-13 2:44 PM

Question: I live less than 5 hours away and will be driving and don't want anyone handling my bike too much. Is there a service to deliver the bike to me after the race at the hotel? I am staying at the Galt.

2014-04-14 9:51 AM
in reply to: SavageRabidBeast

User image

Extreme Veteran
The transition area is on the Great Lawn. The Galt House is the hotel closest to transition. After the race, walk to transition and get your bike and gear. You can also give your gear ticket to a family member or friend and this will allow them to access transition and collect your bike and gear for you.

2014-04-21 1:51 PM

User image

Heading across the pond to a hot and humid Louisville from a wet and cold England for my first full Ironman.

Not looking forward to the heat / humidity, but it wouldn't be an Ironman if it were easy!!

I'm staying 15 miles out of town and hiring a car, does anyone know if there is readily available parking near to the bike drop off / pick up?
2014-04-21 1:58 PM
in reply to: lhardiman

User image

Chicago
Originally posted by lhardiman

Heading across the pond to a hot and humid Louisville from a wet and cold England for my first full Ironman.

Not looking forward to the heat / humidity, but it wouldn't be an Ironman if it were easy!!

I'm staying 15 miles out of town and hiring a car, does anyone know if there is readily available parking near to the bike drop off / pick up?

Would love to know this as well as I'll be driving down from Chicago and plan on staying at a hotel out of town (I'm going solo so no need to be around downtown for the family etc).
2014-04-21 4:07 PM
in reply to: Skipjack_50

User image

Chicago, IL

Originally posted by Skipjack_50
Originally posted by lhardiman Heading across the pond to a hot and humid Louisville from a wet and cold England for my first full Ironman. Not looking forward to the heat / humidity, but it wouldn't be an Ironman if it were easy!! I'm staying 15 miles out of town and hiring a car, does anyone know if there is readily available parking near to the bike drop off / pick up?
Would love to know this as well as I'll be driving down from Chicago and plan on staying at a hotel out of town (I'm going solo so no need to be around downtown for the family etc).

There's pretty ample street parking. I just drove from my hotel to the transitiion area, and found a spot super close.
Maybe I was lucky.

2014-05-22 10:49 AM

naperville, Illinois
Originally posted by Brit Abroad

Originally posted by Skipjack_50
Originally posted by lhardiman Heading across the pond to a hot and humid Louisville from a wet and cold England for my first full Ironman. Not looking forward to the heat / humidity, but it wouldn't be an Ironman if it were easy!! I'm staying 15 miles out of town and hiring a car, does anyone know if there is readily available parking near to the bike drop off / pick up?

There's pretty ample street parking. I just drove from my hotel to the transitiion area, and found a spot super close.
Maybe I was lucky.

thanks for this info. I too can't drop the money on a hotel nearby and also going solo
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Louisville : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

Ironman Louisville : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15

Started by SEADOCHA
Views: 56169 Posts: 370

2013-12-14 11:11 AM Cajuntriguy

Ironman Louisville : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43

Started by vasqlartek
Views: 104870 Posts: 1070

2012-09-06 6:49 AM 7ofClubs

Ironman Louisville : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112

Started by sdanaher
Views: 227983 Posts: 2778

2011-11-01 2:10 PM Tri Sam

Ironman Louisville : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70

Started by dlink
Views: 164799 Posts: 1740

2010-11-07 9:12 AM kdlsch111

Ironman Louisville : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by B-RAD 303
Views: 173117 Posts: 1998

2009-10-15 7:16 PM Tri Sam
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 23, 2012
author : ytriguy
comments : 0
Often it makes sense to race slower in order to finish faster and at the same time have a more enjoyable Ironman Triathlon experience.

date : April 18, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
An unexpected upside of completing a full distance triathlon
date : June 27, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 8
A middle-of-the-pack triathlete takes on the iron distance for the first time at Rev3's inaugural full distance race

date : January 6, 2010
author : areyoux8
comments : 14
This is the story of a beginner triathlete's life altering conquest of his first Ironman.
date : August 26, 2009
author : mrakes1
On long runs, I've been taking 4-oz of Gatorade Endurance every 10-minutes, for a total of about 24-oz an hour. Should I boost my liquid consumption on the runs?

date : November 17, 2008
author : mrakes1
During the race there will be plenty of opportunities to exchange bottles, so I'm thinking about going with the aero bottle and Gatorade bottle and fill up as necessary. What should I do?
date : July 30, 2006
author : IRONVIKING
If a heart patient can do these things, then so can those of you who haven't been split open like a fish and sewn back together.

date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw: