Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Things that are ticking me off. Add yours on Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2013-12-18 2:01 PM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: Things that are me off. Add yours on

Originally posted by Socks

Originally posted by Kido

I did find it curious that once I was the doctors FIRST PATIENT OF THE DAY.  And still waited 20 minutes past my appt. time...

Maybe they just start the day off 30 minutes behind and that just trickles through the whole day.

Some people are late ALL THE TIME.  I HATE being late.  Seriously.  Unless I got stuck in the OR or had some other disaster I am always on time probably 99% of the time.  When my entire schedule shows up in the same 1 hour time block despite their appt time I can't recover from that because I can only see people one at a time. I think its rude to make the pts wait but that is just my opinion and I know many many doctors don't run that way.  And ONE crazy person wil throw my whole day in the toilet

The wife is not "late" per say, but sure loves pushing the limit...

I tend to try and be a bit early to account for the unknown.  It's a bad combination because whenever we have plans, I'm pacing and telling her to step it up or rushing through traffic or just stressing while she is perfectly calm.  We almost ALWAYS get into a fight before vacations because I'm getting sick about getting to the airport while she is thinking "as long as we get their just before the door closes, that's good enough, right?".

I try to ask her to try and be early not because we HAVE to be early, but just because it would be nice TO ME and my stress levels.  I'm not talking 2 hrs before the flight leaves be at the airport.  If I'm at the gate 10 minutes before we board, I'm good.  Just not show up when they are announcing "final call" then hear "see, we still had two minutes to spare"....

2013-12-18 2:23 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

I did find it curious that once I was the doctors FIRST PATIENT OF THE DAY.  And still waited 20 minutes past my appt. time...

Maybe they just start the day off 30 minutes behind and that just trickles through the whole day.

Some people are late ALL THE TIME.  I HATE being late.  Seriously.  Unless I got stuck in the OR or had some other disaster I am always on time probably 99% of the time.  When my entire schedule shows up in the same 1 hour time block despite their appt time I can't recover from that because I can only see people one at a time. I think its rude to make the pts wait but that is just my opinion and I know many many doctors don't run that way.  And ONE crazy person wil throw my whole day in the toilet

The wife is not "late" per say, but sure loves pushing the limit...

I tend to try and be a bit early to account for the unknown.  It's a bad combination because whenever we have plans, I'm pacing and telling her to step it up or rushing through traffic or just stressing while she is perfectly calm.  We almost ALWAYS get into a fight before vacations because I'm getting sick about getting to the airport while she is thinking "as long as we get their just before the door closes, that's good enough, right?".

I try to ask her to try and be early not because we HAVE to be early, but just because it would be nice TO ME and my stress levels.  I'm not talking 2 hrs before the flight leaves be at the airport.  If I'm at the gate 10 minutes before we board, I'm good.  Just not show up when they are announcing "final call" then hear "see, we still had two minutes to spare"....

OMG that would make me want to shoot myself. I would travel to the airport separately

2013-12-18 8:30 PM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
People who think it's okay to make gratuitous negative comments about a woman's body, just because she's skinny. Shopping today and a total stranger asked my mother, who was browsing outside the fitting room, if I was anorexic. Ummm....no. Born skinny, skinny kid, skinny adult. Triathlon does not bulk me up, nor does living most of my adult life the the third world. And I'm 44, for goodness sake. If you want to make a comment about my body, you can make it to my face, lady. And then I can bench-press you and eject you from the store! I'm sure no one would think of asking a pudgy, middle-aged woman's MOM if her daughter was morbidly obese, or simply fat.

2013-12-18 8:41 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Bronze member

Originally posted by Hot Runner People who think it's okay to make gratuitous negative comments about a woman's body, just because she's skinny. Shopping today and a total stranger asked my mother, who was browsing outside the fitting room, if I was anorexic. Ummm....no. Born skinny, skinny kid, skinny adult. Triathlon does not bulk me up, nor does living most of my adult life the the third world. And I'm 44, for goodness sake. If you want to make a comment about my body, you can make it to my face, lady. And then I can bench-press you and eject you from the store! I'm sure no one would think of asking a pudgy, middle-aged woman's MOM if her daughter was morbidly obese, or simply fat.

I used to hear: Oh, just wait until you become a teenager, then you'll fill out. Then it was: wait until you go to college, you'll gain the freshman 15 - um nope.  Finally it was, wait until you have kids. Why are these people waiting for me to gain weight?

Well I'm 41 and all of my nieces have now outgrown me by now. Maybe this is just my size!  I don't hear that garbage anymore .

2013-12-18 8:50 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Bronze member

Here is mine for the day, people who drop their kids off 15 min early and then pick them up 15 min late for well... anything, but tonight it was religion class. I am a volunteer, not your personal babysitter. If I were your babysitter I would charge you for an extra 30 minutes!

Or people who bring their kids to your Sunday school class and then tell you they are going shopping and they are not sure who will be there to pick the kid up. Again, free babysitting service. At least the pick up person was on time .

Edited by trigal38 2013-12-18 8:51 PM
2013-12-19 6:21 AM
in reply to: trigal38

User image

Originally posted by trigal38

Originally posted by Hot Runner People who think it's okay to make gratuitous negative comments about a woman's body, just because she's skinny. Shopping today and a total stranger asked my mother, who was browsing outside the fitting room, if I was anorexic. Ummm....no. Born skinny, skinny kid, skinny adult. Triathlon does not bulk me up, nor does living most of my adult life the the third world. And I'm 44, for goodness sake. If you want to make a comment about my body, you can make it to my face, lady. And then I can bench-press you and eject you from the store! I'm sure no one would think of asking a pudgy, middle-aged woman's MOM if her daughter was morbidly obese, or simply fat.

I used to hear: Oh, just wait until you become a teenager, then you'll fill out. Then it was: wait until you go to college, you'll gain the freshman 15 - um nope.  Finally it was, wait until you have kids. Why are these people waiting for me to gain weight?

Well I'm 41 and all of my nieces have now outgrown me by now. Maybe this is just my size!  I don't hear that garbage anymore .

added to this the whole "real woman" concept...as in real women have curves, real women have fat on their bodies etc...Its driving me nuts...so because i'm relatively skinny and work out, i'm not a real woman...

I also got called an inconsiderate because I said that ppl need to put up or shut when it comes to whining about body image/perception - but that's a story for another day

people who back into parking spots, because it invariably takes them 5 tries to get it how they want it, while i'm waiting to back out so I can leave

people who have to stand in line to order something and still don't know what they want when they get to the counter

high-maintenance people at the grocery store/or other stores...be sure, the line I pick, the person is front of me is always goign to have some issue that requires a manager, multiple steps to fix etc

2013-12-19 6:23 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Calgary, AB

We almost ALWAYS get into a fight before vacations because I'm getting sick about getting to the airport while she is thinking "as long as we get their just before the door closes, that's good enough, right?".

That's a core principle of business travellers... if you aren't arriving at the gate right when they're closing the door, then you're just wasting time somewhere!

Of course, this also conflicts with another core principle, which is "never check your carry-on".

Which brings me to my own pet peeve... people who take forever to board a plane.  Efficiency, people!   Get your junk in the overhead bin, and clear the aisle.

2013-12-19 6:37 AM
in reply to: Hoos

User image

Elite

Wishing I could go back to the good old days when I just had pet peeves. This thread is not much fun when life is kicking you in the nads. Holidays are awesome. 

And for the record, I have never had a doctor that was on time.... EVER. To the point it really makes me mad that they just seem to cram in as many co pays for the day they can and let us all deal with it. And then of course they hurry you out the door. B.S.!

2013-12-19 7:26 AM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by powerman

And for the record, I have never had a doctor that was on time.... EVER. 

Smartest thing I ever did was switching all of my health care to a women's health facility with no obstetricians.  They have gynos and a internist and are always on time because they aren't busy with babies and on-calls and all that crap.  I will gladly put up with the over-pink-ness of it for the convenience.

Sorry you can't do that though...

2013-12-19 8:57 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Elite

Originally posted by mehaner

Smartest thing I ever did was switching all of my health care to a women's health facility with no obstetricians.  They have gynos and a internist and are always on time because they aren't busy with babies and on-calls and all that crap.  I will gladly put up with the over-pink-ness of it for the convenience.

Well... it would take care of the sore nad problem.

2013-12-19 9:59 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

What is tickoing me off?

America, the only place where Miley Cyrus can act like trash and gain more fame, but a man that states his Biblical believes can be fired from his own TV show.

2013-12-19 11:27 AM
in reply to: jford2309

New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
People who park so far from the car next to them that there is 3/4 of a space between them. Too small to park there, but too big to be an allowable gap - especially when the parking lot is "full" as a result.

Passive-aggressive people.
2013-12-19 11:47 AM
in reply to: hgoudreau

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

People who realize they're about to miss their exit and careen across three lanes of highway traffic, including sometimes driving over the median, to get into the correct lane.

Seriously, just go to the next exit!

Last night I was in my commute coma, pulling off the freeway to connect with another highway, and see a car coming at my left side almost perpendicular because they had to wrench their wheel so hard to make the exit.  Brilliant idea, but maybe look to see if anyone is there first!   The frustrating part is the next exit was about 1/2 mile away, they could have easily done the clover leaf and been back on track.  Gave me a heart attack.  The other guy to my right, who also had to break hard, honked and tailgated the guy for a while.  IT was great.

2013-12-19 1:27 PM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Originally posted by BikerGrrrl

People who realize they're about to miss their exit and careen across three lanes of highway traffic, including sometimes driving over the median, to get into the correct lane.

Seriously, just go to the next exit!

Last night I was in my commute coma, pulling off the freeway to connect with another highway, and see a car coming at my left side almost perpendicular because they had to wrench their wheel so hard to make the exit.  Brilliant idea, but maybe look to see if anyone is there first!   The frustrating part is the next exit was about 1/2 mile away, they could have easily done the clover leaf and been back on track.  Gave me a heart attack.  The other guy to my right, who also had to break hard, honked and tailgated the guy for a while.  IT was great.

Which is another pet peeve - drivers who think they can teach other drivers lessons while driving ... honking, tailgating, yelling like mad men.

Take a deep breath people ... 

2013-12-19 1:32 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

How about people that just have zero awareness of anything around them. Mostly in stores, drivers, and pool walkers who walk directly in front of you.

2013-12-19 1:52 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Elite

Had to go to the Doc today... I was walked back at the exact time of my appointment. I thought to myself how ironic that I just said I had never had one on time.... then I sat in the exam room for 20 minutes while my Doctor shot the breeze in the hall way. After the visit, he said wait and the nurse will be back to set up my appointment... 5 minutes later she came in and said I need to make an appointment and the front desk will be happy to do that.

I love Doctors visits.

2013-12-19 1:59 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Well... it would take care of the sore nad problem.

you are at the wrong doctor...............Try first appt of the morning or the afternoon.  Also ask if the doc is on call that week or not because if they are that makes for potential delays.  If its a surgeon you dont' want the appt first thing in the afternoon if they are doing sx in the am.......There are so many thing in my world that are 100% outside my control that effects my schedule. I dont' schedule surgery/office tight because i HATE being behind and late.  If you are in private practice you often have to over book because when 20% of your schedule doesn't show up that is the difference between getting to pay yourself or not.  You are screwed if everyone shows up.  I had 40% of my schedule no show on monday.  Right now I am employed so I don't have to worry as much about it but when I was in solo practice its a problem.  Quite frankly I think docs give up sometimes.  Its easy to beat down.  Medicine is a thankless career and its going to get worse before it gets better.

2013-12-19 2:08 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Had to go to the Doc today... I was walked back at the exact time of my appointment. I thought to myself how ironic that I just said I had never had one on time.... then I sat in the exam room for 20 minutes while my Doctor shot the breeze in the hall way. After the visit, he said wait and the nurse will be back to set up my appointment... 5 minutes later she came in and said I need to make an appointment and the front desk will be happy to do that.

I love Doctors visits.

I was at the doc today, too.
RIGHT on time, super efficient nurse - wait for the doc was only 3 or 4 minutes. I could hear her next door with another patient. That door closed and literally 2 seconds later she knocked on mine. They also use a walkie-talkie system, which I think it genius. 

Just wanted to counter-balance the discussion

2013-12-19 2:17 PM
in reply to: Hoos

User image

Extreme Veteran
Issaquah
Originally posted by Hoos

We almost ALWAYS get into a fight before vacations because I'm getting sick about getting to the airport while she is thinking "as long as we get their just before the door closes, that's good enough, right?".

That's a core principle of business travellers... if you aren't arriving at the gate right when they're closing the door, then you're just wasting time somewhere!

Of course, this also conflicts with another core principle, which is "never check your carry-on".

Which brings me to my own pet peeve... people who take forever to board a plane.  Efficiency, people!   Get your junk in the overhead bin, and clear the aisle.

Add people that wait until they are right at the xray machine to bother to start emptying your pockets, and for some reason ALWAYS forget they have a belt on. Put everything in your bag/backpack/luggage as you're waiting in line, not 30seconds before you're supposed to go through.
2013-12-19 2:22 PM
in reply to: cnsegura

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

listening to people eat.  CLOSE YOUR DANG MOUTH FOOL.

2013-12-19 2:47 PM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

CLOSE YOUR DANG MOUTH FOOL.

I heard Mr T's voice in my head as I read this.

2013-12-19 3:17 PM
in reply to: KenD

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by KenD

CLOSE YOUR DANG MOUTH FOOL.

I heard Mr T's voice in my head as I read this.

i will choose to take that as a compliment.

2013-12-19 3:40 PM

User image

Pro

The boy has a medical marijuana license... he eats ALL OF MY FOOD.

2013-12-19 6:27 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Originally posted by lisac957

I love Doctors visits.

RIGHT on time, super efficient nurse - wait for the doc was only 3 or 4 minutes. I could hear her next door with another patient. That door closed and literally 2 seconds later she knocked on mine. They also use a walkie-talkie system, which I think it genius. 

See we are not all terrible.

I realize that most people here are intelligent but sometimes I can't fight the stupid.  Somedays its painful to walk into the next room and have to listen to someone tell me they have NO medical problems even tho they take 25 medications.  To have every thing questioned via the internet.....To heae about how the 25 year olds mother read on web MD that they had a herniated disc when they really have a kidney stone and have to argue about doing the right thing.  "but I neeed surgery my mother said so because she read on Web MD...."  But I NEED A CAST........BUT the ONLY thing that works is oxycontin......for a sprained ankle......................AAARRRGGGHHHHHH.  But the VET I saw for MY medical problem said..........................OMG.  I banged me head on the desk.    Seriously if I have a person with an IQ over 60 its a triumph.  The other day I was talking to a pt and I said "I love talking to smart people"  I get about 1 a week. How did you hurt your foot....the sky is blue...how did you hurt your foot?....the grass is green....how did you hurt your foot........the clouds are white....OMG. and that is why your doc was shooting the in the hallway.............because you don't know what is behind door #2 Plus its a full moon this week

Edited by Socks 2013-12-19 6:28 PM
2013-12-19 6:39 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by lisac957

I love Doctors visits.

See we are not all terrible.

I realize that most people here are intelligent but sometimes I can't fight the stupid.  Somedays its painful to walk into the next room and have to listen to someone tell me they have NO medical problems even tho they take 25 medications.  To have every thing questioned via the internet.....To heae about how the 25 year olds mother read on web MD that they had a herniated disc when they really have a kidney stone and have to argue about doing the right thing.  "but I neeed surgery my mother said so because she read on Web MD...."  But I NEED A CAST........BUT the ONLY thing that works is oxycontin......for a sprained ankle......................AAARRRGGGHHHHHH.  But the VET I saw for MY medical problem said..........................OMG.  I banged me head on the desk.    Seriously if I have a person with an IQ over 60 its a triumph.  The other day I was talking to a pt and I said "I love talking to smart people"  I get about 1 a week. How did you hurt your foot....the sky is blue...how did you hurt your foot?....the grass is green....how did you hurt your foot........the clouds are white....OMG. and that is why your doc was shooting the in the hallway.............because you don't know what is behind door #2 Plus its a full moon this week

Nice........you're doing better than me..... I can count the doctors I think are worth a damn on one hand.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-12-19 6:41 PM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Things that are ticking me off. Add yours on Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Things I am older or younger than...

Started by Tripolar
Views: 1098 Posts: 16

2009-07-09 9:38 AM pronghorn

Things I am faster or slower than... Pages: 1 2

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1671 Posts: 30

2009-07-08 7:36 PM Jackemy

Three things I am not good at, but will work on

Started by misscullen
Views: 1121 Posts: 18

2007-09-16 4:51 PM milaminute

Things I am glad to have today

Started by ride_like_u_stole_it
Views: 981 Posts: 24

2007-08-10 1:24 PM Renee

Things that just tick you off... Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by DRM
Views: 3341 Posts: 81

2006-03-30 11:14 AM autumn
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 23, 2013
author : Jerrykyc
comments : 2
The cause of the sleeplessness could be anxiety to get out and compete but more often than not the inability to sleep is a fear of what might happen, of what might go bump out on the race course.

date : December 22, 2011
author : Mikael67
comments : 0
End of season thoughts and tips
date : September 3, 2010
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Stripped of its three-figure entry fees and five figure bikes, when the gun goes off it's still a bunch of crazies doing three sports for a thousand reasons.

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : August 7, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 7
Do you see the bladder as half-full or half-empty? In this instance, it really doesn't matter how you look at it... you'd just better go.

date : September 3, 2006
author : acbadger
The off-season is the best time to fine tune your skills and prepare yourself for the next season. It is also time for you to gain some strength and get a little rest after a long season of training.
date : July 2, 2006
author : acbadger
Is there a magic number of days off for your training plan? Is it a one size fits all or an an individual choice?

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
If you develop a strategy for the off-season, you can go into the next season stronger than you ended the past season.