BT Mentor Program 2014 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Rss Feed  
Moderators: Ron Reply
Show Per page

of 71

2014-04-20 5:19 PM
in reply to: ligersandtions

User image

Veteran
Houston, Texas
Subject: RE: SBR Utopia ---- Permanently OPEN!!

I did a slight variation on Week 12's long ride today:

20' w/u with pick-ups

45' @ 80%

45' @ 85%

45' @ 80%

30' @ 85%

15' @ 90%

10' c/d (well, 7....because I got back to the car after 7 minutes)

The weather was absolutely perfect (I suppose I could have asked for a bit less wind or maybe in a different direction, but whatever....temps were awesome, blue sky) and my legs performed just as I asked them to.  It's one of those rides where everything feels like it comes together almost effortlessly.  Now let's hope that's the kind of ride I get in my race in two weeks!

2014-04-22 8:16 AM
in reply to: ligersandtions

User image

Oakville
Silver member

Hello all.  I think I'm one of the last few to finish off the final round testing.  I came down with a cold last week and then Easter Weekend delayed testing even further.

I wanted to get a few rides in before the final 20' minute test, so I'll likely be testing on Thursday or Friday.

I ran across a blog by a local Ontario pro and training with power for his build-up to Texas 70.3.  Interesting results considering he focused mainly on the sweet spot and very little training above threshold. 

He must have done something right as he had the 5th fastest bike split.

http://codybeals.blogspot.ca/2014/04/the-polar-vortex-is-my-tailwind-how-i.html

2014-04-23 7:55 AM
in reply to: Scott71

User image

Veteran
Maine
Gold member
Scott - You're not alone, I've been trying to work my next set of testing into my plan in a place where I feel comfortable not changing things too much.

Nicole - Glad that ride went so well. It's a great feeling when everything comes together!
2014-04-23 9:48 AM
in reply to: Scott71

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bronze member
Originally posted by Scott71

Hello all.  I think I'm one of the last few to finish off the final round testing.  I came down with a cold last week and then Easter Weekend delayed testing even further.

I wanted to get a few rides in before the final 20' minute test, so I'll likely be testing on Thursday or Friday.

I ran across a blog by a local Ontario pro and training with power for his build-up to Texas 70.3.  Interesting results considering he focused mainly on the sweet spot and very little training above threshold. 

He must have done something right as he had the 5th fastest bike split.

http://codybeals.blogspot.ca/2014/04/the-polar-vortex-is-my-tailwind-how-i.html

I really enjoy his blog. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

I think he is self coached but not 100% sure. While he says he did not do much over threshold, he does question if that was wise.
He also talks about hitting a plateau.

If you do the same thing over and over, at one point it becomes less effective.

I wonder what he would have achieved if he did a few months with some high intensity then moved to his current mix.

New Thread
BT Mentor Program 2014 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 71

RELATED POSTS

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 4855 Posts: 115

2014-04-03 7:55 AM gsmacleod

Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 11070 Posts: 387

2014-04-24 2:51 PM tiffanyosh

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Winter Group version 3-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69

Started by slornow
Views: 24727 Posts: 1717

2014-04-24 2:42 PM slornow

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 10033 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 15, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
This month we talk with gsmacleod, aka Coach Shane MacLeod on his coaching philosophy, his approach to gadgets, training plans, missed workouts and strength training.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.

date : March 4, 2009
author : jasongootman
In this third part, we discuss bike workout types and how they relate to power training. Power analysis of workouts included. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.
date : December 3, 2008
author : jasongootman
What is power training? In this first part, learn the terms and definitions associated with power training. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.

date : October 21, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 1
Training with a power meter will make sure that you are spending every minute on the bike effectively. Racing with a power meter will keep you humble and in your proper zones on race day.
date : April 1, 2008
author : sportfactory
How will a power meter help my cycling training and racing? A few questions and answers will help determine if a power meter will be good for you.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.