BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Daffodil and JuniperJen’s New Parents Tri’ing Group - OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 14

2014-03-03 7:36 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Daffodil and JuniperJen’s New Parents Tri’ing Group - OPEN

how about a little fun! in the spirit of getting on the bike - let's have a bike show and tell! (it's cool if you don't have one - bikes are often a pride point for triathletes)

Here is my 2010 Felt B12 when i bought it in 2011

Here i am riding it at Ironman in 2012 (i am not sure if this will work)

I would like some race wheels. I've been using the stock wheels which are quite heavy actually.  It's a small frame bike so i am sure i could pick up a deal on 650 race wheels sometime - but I don't really want tubulars. 

Edited by juniperjen 2014-03-03 7:42 AM

2014-03-03 6:56 PM

User image

Cleveland OH
Great job on your race Jen!

I too need to get back on the bike, I have been ignoring it for the most part.

Was talking to my wife and she is fine with me doing my first marathon this fall, I am kinda excited already.

Going to jump on the bike.

Have 3 days of 14+ hrs at work, so will talk to you all on Friday.

Attached is my 2013 Cervelo S2

Edited by smithat05 2014-03-03 7:05 PM

(IMG_20130412_205901_318.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_20130412_205901_318.jpg (95KB - 21 downloads)
2014-03-04 9:22 AM

User image

Edited by sethjk 2014-03-04 9:28 AM
2014-03-04 9:23 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Hi All,
Been getting in what I can. Finally got my aero bars installed on Sunday and did my first short trainer ride with them yesterday. VERY DIFFERENT and definitely takes some getting used to. Here's a photo of my ride (excuse the mess, the 15-month old boy hasn't quite figured out how to put toys away yet).

(20140304_063343.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
20140304_063343.jpg (1617KB - 15 downloads)
2014-03-04 11:15 AM

User image

Expert
I don't have a good picture of my bike by itself, I'll see if I can get one this afternoon. For IMWI, I rented race wheels, it was super sexy. I wish I had got a picture of it with the race wheels on. They took a picture when I checked my bike in and I thought we would get it in the race package pictures but it wasn't there. I guess they were probably doing market research.

Here is me from IMWI.

I ran this morning on the treadmill, did a zone 4 workout, 5x400 m. It was nice to run a little harder

Edited by Daffodil 2014-03-04 11:20 AM

(0232_17059_small.jpg)

(P1010809_small.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
0232_17059_small.jpg (185KB - 22 downloads)
P1010809_small.jpg (192KB - 17 downloads)
2014-03-04 11:44 AM
in reply to: Daffodil

User image

Regular
Calgary, Alberta
Here's my 3rd child! A 2011 Trek Madone 5.2....and yes I did IM CDA without Aeor bars and proud of it. I'd love to get new wheels as well, one day!

(DSC_0091.JPG)

(309385_148448401915539_1408578692_n.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
DSC_0091.JPG (420KB - 17 downloads)
309385_148448401915539_1408578692_n.jpg (63KB - 22 downloads)

2014-03-04 2:02 PM
in reply to: rydergal

User image

Expert
Originally posted by rydergal

Here's my 3rd child! A 2011 Trek Madone 5.2....and yes I did IM CDA without Aeor bars and proud of it. I'd love to get new wheels as well, one day!

looks like you are drafting there JK, looks like it was one of the long uphills.
2014-03-04 3:38 PM

User image

Regular
Calgary, Alberta
Originally posted by Daffodil

looks like you are drafting there JK, looks like it was one of the long uphills.

Yep that was Richters Pass- no way around it, not going faster then about 13km/hr at that point, they close off the lane as you can see because people get slowed down so much and group up.... almost felt like I could walk faster .... thankfully, a friend of mine at the first of the 3 hills was there to take my picture , a nice little distraction.

Edited by rydergal 2014-03-04 3:40 PM
2014-03-05 11:39 AM

User image

Morning/afternoon all,
Got in a 5 mile Fartlek run this morning...Awesome! Legs are really hurting after doing a T-25 video yesterday morning. I don't do nearly enough cross-training so I decided to try the video- the toe still is bothering me and I tried it without shoes so I was limited, but it's amazing how much of a workout you can get without any equipment just doing squats and lunges.
2014-03-07 3:19 PM
in reply to: sethjk

User image

Cleveland OH
No workouts since Monday, Freaking 51 degrees, going to run outside with our DS wiith my wife also.

Just signed up for a Tri Camp that my Tri club is putting on, Good thing is it is at the state park where my Half Ironman is.

Also signed up for a Oly Tri 2 weeks before my Half,
Still trying to figure out if that was a good idea or not, too late already signed up.

2014-03-09 7:26 PM
in reply to: smithat05

User image

Regular
Calgary, Alberta
What a fantastic weekend! Gramma & aunty came to visit, so we had babysitters all weekend! Hubby and I did an easy 5km run on sat, then got to do a Beer tour & tasting complete with pizza at the end for a date lunch! Then us girls took my oldest to Disney on ice- was such a fun time. Today hubby and I and another couple went for our long 16km run around the reservior here which is the same route our half marathon is in April. Beautiful weather all weekend !! It's so great to be out of the deepfreeze for now- the long run's on the tready were tough. Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

2014-03-09 8:41 PM

User image

Name: Chris

My Story:

It was only about 3 years ago I came across running. I would have never thought of myself as an athlete or runner but I have completed a half marathon, several 10 km races and more 5km races then I can recall LOL. I am a super proud Dad of 2 girls (10 yr old and 3 yr old). I am seriously considering and beginning to prepare for another half later this year. I now want to try a tri and I have just such a race in my home town yaaaaaa. I have been swimming and cycling (indoors) and as always running.

2014 races:

WELLAND TRIATHLON WEEKEND- Give-it-a-tri
Niagara International Marathon - 1/2 marathon

I am excited...afraid...pumped and afraid but I will succeed!

Chris
2014-03-10 7:39 AM
in reply to: Cseabrook

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Cseabrook

Name: Chris

My Story:

It was only about 3 years ago I came across running. I would have never thought of myself as an athlete or runner but I have completed a half marathon, several 10 km races and more 5km races then I can recall LOL. I am a super proud Dad of 2 girls (10 yr old and 3 yr old). I am seriously considering and beginning to prepare for another half later this year. I now want to try a tri and I have just such a race in my home town yaaaaaa. I have been swimming and cycling (indoors) and as always running.

2014 races:

WELLAND TRIATHLON WEEKEND- Give-it-a-tri
Niagara International Marathon - 1/2 marathon

I am excited...afraid...pumped and afraid but I will succeed!

Chris

Welcome Chris! Jen and I are also from Ontario. Niagara Falls was my one and only marathon. it is a beautiful course.
2014-03-10 9:35 AM

User image

Hi all,
I'd like to join your mentor group if you'll have me?

I'm 37, with very little experience of any sport at all. Growing up I was more of a bookworm than an athlete of any kind (I'm still happier in bed with a good book than almost anywhere else) and my whole family was the same. I was a pudgy teen, somewhat prone to laziness, and it wasn't until many years later that I learned that I quite enoyed running actually.

I got quite a bit heavier during my pregnancy (up to 92kgs/ 202lbs - for 160cms/5ft3inches) and got so into being a mommy that I didn't really care very much about my weight or fitness. In 2012 I started paying more attention to what I was eating and how much I was moving and did the Couch to 5k and found, much to my surprise, that I quite enjoyed running. I did my first 5k run and loved it but once the race was over I slipped back into eating badly and not training. In 2013 I started training again and did my second 5k, 5minutes faster than my previous run but again, once it was over I started 'celebrating' by eating (and drinking) badly (beer and crisps are a difficult combination for me).

This year I'd like to get back into training, but learn from my previous mistakes and stay fit. I have my eye on a mini traithlon (my first ever) on 29 June: 750m swim, 25km bike and 5k run - I know I can do all three separately, but one after another on the same day may be a bit of a challenge. I have a close friend who is a good bit fitter than me who did this last year, trains with me most days and is a big help, but she's ten years younger and isn't a mother, so she has a it more time to devote to such pursuits.

I'm hoping to find someone, or several people, who can remind me on a fairly regular basis that this is what I'm aiming for.

I currently go running for about 40minutes three times a week, swim for the same, twice a week, but have done very little cycling since September due to the dark and cold weather. Now spring is finally here I'd like to throw myself back into it, tho this means earlier starts and a lot better organisation with dropping off and picking up my now almost 4yr old son before and after work. I know I can do this but I'd really appreciate a little encouragement, even some quite firm scolding after the inital three weeks' enthusiasm has worn off (I do know myself quite well). Stamina in my willpower is my biggest weakness, so if any of you are into nagging and being bossy and don't get enough of that at home - here I am! I'm very good at both, but only in giving them out rather than turning them on myself.

I lost 16kgs last year and have wobbled up and down by 5kilos this year, but ideally could stand to lose another 18kilos, although honestly if I can manage to do this triathlon, even if I don't lose weight in the process, then I'll be delighted just to know that I did it - weight loss is an added bonus rather than the objective.

I'll try to log what I'm training every day and look forward to hearing from any like-minded individuals who are on similar journeys- any advice very gratefully received.

Thanks a million and hope to hear from you soon,
Cat
2014-03-10 10:01 PM
in reply to: Catob

User image

Cleveland OH
Welcome Chris and Cat!

Nice to have new members to our group, although I feel I am being overrun by Canadians. EH? ahh whatever I am only 30 some odd miles from Canada.

Cat I would definitly find a training plan on here to help you prepare for your Sprint Tri this summer, same for you Chris, I feel trying to follow a plan is much easier to do. Training takes time and patience, it will not come easy. You will have to work at it, going out for your First "brick" workout (Run directly after biking) will feel really weird. It still freaks me out, I'm no veteran but I have been around for a few years.

Went for a run pushing the stroller Friday easy 5 miles, few hills, then swam that night, 1 x 2000 yards 40:00 mins on the dot. Which I feel is slow but faster for me overall.

Saturday Ran again, Running store we go to was having Saucony come so we could test drive shoes, Ran 5 miles in some 4mm drop flats. interesting, I am normally a Heel strike guy but found myself midfoot striking with these, lighter and flatter so naturally it would.

Sunday was out of town so ran for an hour, my footpod for my watch wasnt working, really weird, first time that has happened. Logged my run on mapmyrun.com and figured out it was about 7.5 miles in 60 mins so thats pretty good. about what I wanted.

14 hr workday today, morning isnt busy so what shall I do, maybe swim and ride. I will keep ya guessing

2014-03-11 4:19 PM

User image

Thanks for the encouragement smith05, much obliged.

Now it's time for some questions, the answers to which are probably blindingly obvious to you all but which, as an absolute beginner, are a mystery to me - please forgive me for seeming obtuse.

I've had a look at some of the training plans think the one most suited to my level of ability is the Couch-to-Sprint - 12 Week - RPE

I work full time and so currently do most of my training during my 2-hr lunchbreak (during the week anyway), except for one evening when I do an hour's running training, in a group. I do one activity per day- run Monday, Wednesday and Friday, swim Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and one rest day. The training schedules seem to want me to do two sports on the same day - this I understand as on the day (it's a Sprint: 750m swim with 26kms bike and 5km run, on 19 July) it'll be all three. But am I supposed to do them immediately one after the other? Won't there then be a huge delay between my running and getting to/into the pool after getting changed etc (because I run round the park and swim at the municipal pool)? Or between swimming and getting changed and going to the gym to do weights? Or is it ok to do one discipline before work in the morning, then another during the lunch break?

I know a certain amount of this will be a question of just making time for it as a sign of commitment, but if you get up at 6, feed and dress etc the small child, do the school run at 7.45, commute to work for 30 minutes, work from 8.15 - 18.30/19.00, collect the kid, make dinner and feed him before getting him to bed by 21.00, then when do you actually do the training? I already intend to insert some cycling to work a couple of times a week (14kms each way) so that'll improve, but is this just a question of being super organised with babysitters?

Basically, how do you all handle training, logisitically speaking, when you've clearly got lives to live, kids to dress, feed, drop off, pick up etc? Or do you all just have incredibly understanding partners who take care of everything else in order to free you up for training time?

Huge thanks in advance for your advice.
Cat

2014-03-11 4:28 PM

User image

Regular
Calgary, Alberta
Originally posted by smithat05

Welcome Chris and Cat!

Nice to have new members to our group, although I feel I am being overrun by Canadians. EH? ahh whatever I am only 30 some odd miles from Canada.

Cat I would definitly find a training plan on here to help you prepare for your Sprint Tri this summer, same for you Chris, I feel trying to follow a plan is much easier to do. Training takes time and patience, it will not come easy. You will have to work at it, going out for your First "brick" workout (Run directly after biking) will feel really weird. It still freaks me out, I'm no veteran but I have been around for a few years.

Went for a run pushing the stroller Friday easy 5 miles, few hills, then swam that night, 1 x 2000 yards 40:00 mins on the dot. Which I feel is slow but faster for me overall.

Saturday Ran again, Running store we go to was having Saucony come so we could test drive shoes, Ran 5 miles in some 4mm drop flats. interesting, I am normally a Heel strike guy but found myself midfoot striking with these, lighter and flatter so naturally it would.

Sunday was out of town so ran for an hour, my footpod for my watch wasnt working, really weird, first time that has happened. Logged my run on mapmyrun.com and figured out it was about 7.5 miles in 60 mins so thats pretty good. about what I wanted.

14 hr workday today, morning isnt busy so what shall I do, maybe swim and ride. I will keep ya guessing

I went to the 4mm drop before IM and loved the lightness of it....on a long run i find the extra weight from the cushioning is not worth it. Legs feel so much better without the weight for the longer runs. I just recently switched to Saucony's 0mm drop and it's great, almost like wearing nothing but still have some stability, but still have enough cushion so you don't feel the rocks/terrain while running. I get a really nice flat even foot strike with them as well!
2014-03-11 4:34 PM

User image

Regular
Calgary, Alberta
Wondering if anyone on the forum is a non-bilateral breather while swimming? ( i guess that's unilateral, i think?? ) A friend of mine recently did an underwater video of her swimming with a triathlon coach and he convinced her to switch to breathing from only her right side. He had a bunch of reasons but I haven't been able to get all the details yet.....but she did say she wasn't rolling properly on the left and it was taking too much work for her. So far she finds she is much faster and not as tired from swimming. I think Laura you used to be a swim instructor? Any input? Anyone else?

When i first started swimming breathed only on my right side- but then all the books i read and watching people i switched as it seemed to be the 'proper' way....but now i'm starting to question if i should go back to it as I know I roll too far on my left side.....Thinking it might be the change I need to break my 3:00/100m that i'm stuck at...... Also especially with open water- sometimes it's necessary to only breath on one side if there is someone right beside you or the waves....so maybe it's not a bad thing for triathletes??
2014-03-12 8:57 AM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Catob

Thanks for the encouragement smith05, much obliged.

Now it's time for some questions, the answers to which are probably blindingly obvious to you all but which, as an absolute beginner, are a mystery to me - please forgive me for seeming obtuse.

I've had a look at some of the training plans think the one most suited to my level of ability is the Couch-to-Sprint - 12 Week - RPE

I work full time and so currently do most of my training during my 2-hr lunchbreak (during the week anyway), except for one evening when I do an hour's running training, in a group. I do one activity per day- run Monday, Wednesday and Friday, swim Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and one rest day. The training schedules seem to want me to do two sports on the same day - this I understand as on the day (it's a Sprint: 750m swim with 26kms bike and 5km run, on 19 July) it'll be all three. But am I supposed to do them immediately one after the other? Won't there then be a huge delay between my running and getting to/into the pool after getting changed etc (because I run round the park and swim at the municipal pool)? Or between swimming and getting changed and going to the gym to do weights? Or is it ok to do one discipline before work in the morning, then another during the lunch break?

I know a certain amount of this will be a question of just making time for it as a sign of commitment, but if you get up at 6, feed and dress etc the small child, do the school run at 7.45, commute to work for 30 minutes, work from 8.15 - 18.30/19.00, collect the kid, make dinner and feed him before getting him to bed by 21.00, then when do you actually do the training? I already intend to insert some cycling to work a couple of times a week (14kms each way) so that'll improve, but is this just a question of being super organised with babysitters?

Basically, how do you all handle training, logisitically speaking, when you've clearly got lives to live, kids to dress, feed, drop off, pick up etc? Or do you all just have incredibly understanding partners who take care of everything else in order to free you up for training time?

Huge thanks in advance for your advice.
Cat

If you have to do the workouts back to back, it should say "brick" in the workout description. you would usually do the workouts in the order that they will be in the race. swim/bike or bike/run. I usually don't do swim/bike workouts. As for fitting it all in around children and work, I haven't had to do that yet, but I have trained for two ironmans where my peak weeks were in the 18 hours per week range and also have 1.5 hours of commuting a day and a somewhat demanding job where I may have to leave the house for work at 6 am and not return until 7 pm a few nights a week.

When I'm ironman training, wake up time is 5 am. I'm out the door and running by 5:30, or on the trainer by 5:30. do you have a flexible work schedule? does your SO support your training for a triathlon? could he be on kid duty one or two nights a week?

I would also suggest having your rest day on a week day rather than the weekend. it will work out easier logistically.
2014-03-12 9:25 AM

User image

Expert

Wondering if anyone on the forum is a non-bilateral breather while swimming? ( i guess that's unilateral, i think?? ) A friend of mine recently did an underwater video of her swimming with a triathlon coach and he convinced her to switch to breathing from only her right side. He had a bunch of reasons but I haven't been able to get all the details yet.....but she did say she wasn't rolling properly on the left and it was taking too much work for her. So far she finds she is much faster and not as tired from swimming. I think Laura you used to be a swim instructor? Any input? Anyone else?

When i first started swimming breathed only on my right side- but then all the books i read and watching people i switched as it seemed to be the 'proper' way....but now i'm starting to question if i should go back to it as I know I roll too far on my left side.....Thinking it might be the change I need to break my 3:00/100m that i'm stuck at...... Also especially with open water- sometimes it's necessary to only breath on one side if there is someone right beside you or the waves....so maybe it's not a bad thing for triathletes??

I'm a bilateral breather, but I did have to work to become one. When I was in swimming lessons, they still taught breathing on one side, but when I became an instructor is when they changed the swim program. It didn't come naturally at first, but I'm at the point now where bilateral is what I am most comfortable with. When I am doing 100 sets, I usually do the first 25 breathing every 4 strokes (on the right side) and the last 25 breathing every two strokes (again right side). So I guess when it comes down to it, I am still more comfortable and probably more efficient on my right side.

The benefits of being a bilateral breather are for muscle balance, flexibility and keeping a straight line. IF you are always breathing on your right side, your right arm will be stronger. In the pool it is easy to swim in a straight line because there is a black line you can follow on the bottom of the pool; in the lake it isn't as easy and having one side stronger could result in having a harder time keeping your line. As for the flexibility, yes, you are right, sometimes when you are swimming in a race, it is necessary to breath on one side, but you should be comfortable having to breathe only on your left side (those waves or the blinding sun could just as easily be on the right as on the left) and often in races where you have to do a loop the conditions that force you to breathe on your right on the way out would force you to breathe on the left coming back in.

All this being said, in races, I almost always bilateral breathe. After mastering it 14 years ago, it is what I feel most comfortable with at my steady triathlon race pace. My swim coach is a very fast swimmer (typically the 2nd or 3rd female out of the water in triathlon, a few years ago, she was the F40-44 national masters champion for the 1500 m - she did it in like 21 minutes) only breathes on one side during races, she will breathe either on the right or left depending on conditions, she starts out breathing every 4 strokes, then settles into every 2. It is what she feels more comfortable with.

So long story short, I would make sure you can breathe on the left side only if necessary, maybe do it as drills. But if you feel more comfortable on your right, I think it is okay to swim most of the time that way.
2014-03-12 9:54 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Hey guys - i've been away for a bit - my hubby is away on a business trip so it's me and the baby. We spent the weekend with my family which was nice but not great for my workouts. Great plans - you know how it is. 

Anyway, i hope everyone is well - and i'll try to catch up! 

2014-03-12 2:56 PM

User image

Chatham Ontario
Late to the game. Mind if I join. I need something to get me back in the swing of things.

I am up 28 lbs and I have a 5 month wait almost 6 month old baby girl who has turned out to be the best surprise ever. I have had a whirl wind 2 years and now have two step kids as well.

So new to parenting. A bit older to triathlon and weight loss. But I am at my heaviest weight in 3+ years.

And I just pulled the trigger on a new Tribike. Sold mine last year because I wasn't riding much thought I would use my road bike but I hate it.

New Felt B14 on its way. Fitting on March 22. I was getting excited but with all the snow out the window not as much now.
2014-03-12 3:27 PM
in reply to: Techdiver

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Techdiver

Late to the game. Mind if I join. I need something to get me back in the swing of things.

I am up 28 lbs and I have a 5 month wait almost 6 month old baby girl who has turned out to be the best surprise ever. I have had a whirl wind 2 years and now have two step kids as well.

So new to parenting. A bit older to triathlon and weight loss. But I am at my heaviest weight in 3+ years.

And I just pulled the trigger on a new Tribike. Sold mine last year because I wasn't riding much thought I would use my road bike but I hate it.

New Felt B14 on its way. Fitting on March 22. I was getting excited but with all the snow out the window not as much now.

Another Ontarion! Welcome!
2014-03-12 3:36 PM

User image

Hi Daffodil,
Thanks for the input. I had in the meantime reached the conclusion that I'm gonna have to get up earlier and train before the wee man wakes up. The days are getting lighter so 5.30 starts should already be possible, 5 maybe next month. Plus there's a little pond I can swim in and run to notthat far from home. SO's feelings on my triathlon abilities? I first showed interest 2 years ago and asked if he thought I could ever do that and he said 'hmm, maybe, just not in this lifetime' - the swine! It put me off for a long time but notw I kinda wanna do it just to prove him wrong. Gonna look into finding a training club in the area too. It's not gonna be easy but then nothing good ever is. Except perhaps purchasgin the appropriate gear. Onward and upward!
2014-03-12 3:41 PM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Catob

Hi Daffodil,
Thanks for the input. I had in the meantime reached the conclusion that I'm gonna have to get up earlier and train before the wee man wakes up. The days are getting lighter so 5.30 starts should already be possible, 5 maybe next month. Plus there's a little pond I can swim in and run to notthat far from home. SO's feelings on my triathlon abilities? I first showed interest 2 years ago and asked if he thought I could ever do that and he said 'hmm, maybe, just not in this lifetime' - the swine! It put me off for a long time but notw I kinda wanna do it just to prove him wrong. Gonna look into finding a training club in the area too. It's not gonna be easy but then nothing good ever is. Except perhaps purchasgin the appropriate gear. Onward and upward!

My favourite quote is "Whatever is hard to accomplish is sweet to remember". Did you just switch to day light savings time as well?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Daffodil and JuniperJen’s New Parents Tri’ing Group - OPEN Rss Feed  

of 14

RELATED POSTS

New Year New You...reopened for late comers Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29

Started by Wumba41
Views: 28301 Posts: 712

2014-12-30 6:44 PM [email protected]

What off-season? Early season racers Mentor Group - OPEN! Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15

Started by ratherbeswimming
Views: 16938 Posts: 358

2014-05-12 2:12 PM HelmoAlkou

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 15721 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 28928 Posts: 415

2014-05-16 9:06 AM Birkierunner

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 13, 2013
author : BellaDad
comments : 8
Moms and Dads, here are the five ways I’ve learned to succeed at triathlon and keep the peace at home.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : October 2, 2005
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
As a sports-parent, you can be a good role model for athleticism and healthful food choices. What can you do to regain control without becoming the food police?

date : February 28, 2005
author : mamakt
Be a better mother/wife/employee by putting yourself first.
date : September 11, 2004
author : westfried
Fact is, it's tough. Best bet is to do the training that you can, and let the chips fall where they may.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
The start of the race I had the jitters. I was watching the other age groups start as they seeded the swim with over 1000 participants.