General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group -OPEN AGAIN!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2013-12-21 10:30 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Central New Jersey
Subject: Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group -OPEN AGAIN!!
We are reopening the group in the hopes to get more people participating. We started strong and then dwindled down to only a few amazing, active members. Please join us!

GROUP FOCUS: weight loss and getting healthy

NAME: Fechter99/Randi. (Co-mentored by my husband Mike whose bio is below)

STORY: Several years ago I had been following weight watchers for over a year and had added exercise into my daily routine but was looking for more of a purpose than weight loss to keep exercising. That was when my husband, kids and I volunteered at the NJ State Triathlon. I realized after seeing so many different people out there that there was no reason why I couldn't do it either. My husband and I both decided that evening that we were going to do the race the following year. As soon as registration opened, we signed up and the rest is history. After battling plantar fasciitis, runner's knee and shin splints, and an ongoing battle with the scale, I am still here training and racing. Last summer was my fullest yet - until 2014! Because I still battle shin pain, I mainly focus on aquavelos/aquabikes and long swims but am working on running again . I am hoping to complete a 5k in April! Endurance events have become a family affair for us - both of our sons are planning to race a couple of triathlons in 2014. We have pretty full schedules!

FAMILY STATUS: Married for 23 years with two boys - 17 and 13.

CURRENT TRAINING: I have and continue to use the training plans here on BT! Love them all and change them based on the events I have on the calendar and time of the year.

THIS YEAR'S RACES:
Nav-e-sink or Swim Festival 1.2 mile swim
DQ Stafford Aquavelo
NJ State Sprint Relay (Swim only)
NJ State Olympic Aquavelo
Atlantic City Tri - Olympic Aquavelo
Hightstown Tri Sprint Aquavelo

2014 RACES:
Dash for Duchenne 5k - April 12
Navesink or Swim 1.2mile swim - 5/25
Wyckoff Lap the Lake Swim - 6/7
DQ Stafford Aquabike - 6/21
NJ State Sprint - Relay with my younger son! - 7/19
NJ State Olympic Aquabike - 7/20
Steelman Triathlon - 8/10 Sprint Aquabike
Highstown Tri - 8/17 Sprint Aquabike
Delmo AC Tri - 9/14 Olympic Aquabike -
Princeton 70.3 9/21 Relay - Swim leg

WEIGHTLOSS: I have battled my weight my entire life and continue to battle the scale. My husband and I have embraced a healthy lifestyle, eating better and exercising regularly. While I have not seen much movement on the scale, I do see a physical change in my body and am learning to love myself for what I am, not what the number says on the scale.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR: I believe that I would be a great mentor to others who have decided to train for triathlons in order to lose weight and be healthy because that is what I live everyday. I have learned a great deal on BT and eagerly want to share my experience and help others get the most of their training. There were times when I just though I could not go on but for the encouragement from the others on mentor groups that I had joined. I have become friends with many of them through the forum and l would love to make more friends who I might someday race with at local events.

Edited by Fechter99 2014-02-03 6:37 PM

2013-12-21 3:01 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Central New Jersey
Subject: RE: Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group - Open
My amazing husband, Mike is going to co-mentor with me!

Please reply with the following info so that we can get to know you!
NAME / username:

STORY:

FAMILY STATUS:

CURRENT TRAINING:

2013 RACES/ results

2014 plans and RACES:

WEIGHTLOSS:

Edited by Fechter99 2013-12-30 2:15 PM
2013-12-21 3:42 PM
in reply to: Fechter99

User image

Yardville, NJ
NAME: Mike / Username: Mfechter67

STORY: I was never a great athlete. In 2007 I volunteered at the NJ State Triathlon. I was so inspired to see all the triathletes, in all shapes and sizes out there competing and completing! It was an amazing day. Randi and I agreed on that day that we would complete the NJ State Tri in 2008. We did it! In the spring of '09 I screwed up my shoulder and could not swim. I signed up a friend and we did a relay team. Did I mention I was not an athlete? Well I also was not a runner. So in 2010 after shoulder surgery I relayed again. Same for 2011. In 2012 I was lazy and uninspired so I volunteered again instead of competing. By 7 am on race morning, I was in serious withdraw! I was overweight, out of shape and yearning to be out there again. That morning I said to Randi, "I'm doing the sprint next year!" She asked "the whole thing?" I replied, "yes, the whole thing!" She vowed to do it with me.

FAMILY STATUS: Married to Randi(fechter99) with 2 sons 17 & 13.

CURRENT TRAINING: I am a few weeks into a 20 week 1/2 Marathon training plan. I mentioned I was not a runner... Well that's changed, I have a new passion for running. It was my weakest leg of the tri and I vowed in the off season to focus on running. I set a goal of my first half marathon!

THIS YEAR'S RACES: Ryan's Quest Dash for Duchenne 5K, Rider University 5K, Stafford Tri the Bridge Sprint Triathlon, NJ State Sprint Triathlon, Tri the Wildwoods Sprint Triathlon and Hightstown Sprint Trithlon

2014 RACES: Love Run 13.1 (Philly), Ryan's Quest Dash for Duchenne 5k, Long Branch 13.1, Hammonton Sprint Tri, Stafford Sprint Tri, NJ State Tri, Steelman Olympic Tri, then the bike leg of a relay in the inagural Princeton Ironman 70.3

WEIGHTLOSS: When I started back last year, I was nearly 270 lbs and on medicine for high blood pressure and cholesterol. I have lost 45 lbs and am completely off all meds! I'd like to lose another 10-15 but have plateaued. I am losing inches but not lbs.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR: I am a goal oriented person. I also feel the need to track and record everything. I feel that being a mentor will help others as well as help myself. Together as a group we can drive each other, push each other and most importantly, be there when we need support. I could not have lost my weight or stuck to my training without support. I feel that these factors will allow me to help others!

2013-12-28 10:04 PM
in reply to: Mfechter67

, Maryland
So I realize it's still in the staging area but I saw the link in Clyde sub-forum and thought I'd go ahead and reply, hope I'm not too out of line lol

NAME: Caleb/AuD14

STORY: Currently in my last year of getting my doctorate in Audiology. I graduate in May (Can't get here soon enough). I played soccer and basketball in high school and was in decent shape, then college and grad school happened with way too much fast food and late night pizza with a big decrease in activity. I kept eating like I still had practice every night and needless to say, after about the first year the weight started creeping up. I always enjoyed biking recreationally and have never gotten a whole lot of joy in running. I've never done much serious swimming but enjoy being in the water. I've read several pieces of fiction that center around tri's and have always liked the idea and I've heard if you like two of the three sports you can make it through the third. I signed up for a Sprint that was last May and trained somewhat inconsistently during the spring then the weak before the race I had an unfortunate run-in with my lawnmower and lost half a pinky toe. Obviously participation in the race didn't happen. I had a great July, losing about 20 pounds that month getting up and biking ~8-10 miles every morning before work. Then I'm not really sure what happened but I quit getting up and the weight has come back over the past 5 months. I'm tired of being overweight and out of shape, and I'm ready to rediscover my inner athlete. I've done a few 5ks with times from 34:xx to 45:xx depending on how much training I got done and those were pretty fun, something about it being an actual race makes the running more palatable. Basically I've been super inconsistent and unorganized in my previous attempts to get back in shape and I'm ready to take ownership. Not sure if I'll stay a clyde forever, but I'll be here a while.

FAMILY STATUS: Married, 2 dogs, no kids (yet)

CURRENT TRAINING: Pretty non-existent at the moment, ready to start getting back in the saddle. Biking is my easiest sport, running the hardest and I'm a very raw swimmer. I've got "Triathloning for ordinary mortals" and it has some decent guides.

THIS YEAR'S RACES: I ran/walked the Currahee Challenge 6 mile race (3up and 3down) at Currahee Mountain in Toccoa, GA.

2014 RACES: Memphis in May Sprint Triathlon. There's an olympic the next day but I'm not sure I'll be ready for that. There are several other tris/duos in the Mid-South area I'll hopefully participate in. http://s2fevents.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=site.display&page_id=1887

As much as I despise running, I want to run the 2014 St. Jude Half-Marathon (December)

WEIGHTLOSS: Came out of high school about 195. I'm currently 295ish. Have been as high as 302 and got down to 275 this summer. I don't have a super concrete goal, I'm thinking somewhere between 200-215. I'm 6'3" and have always had a fullback type build.
2013-12-29 8:08 AM
in reply to: AuD14

User image

Extreme Veteran
Central New Jersey
Hi Caleb,

This is our first go around as mentors, having participated in mentor groups in the past figured it was our turn to pay it forward. I am hoping we get to go live soon so that we can all get started. Welcome to the group and look forward to getting to know you and helping you on your training journey to complete your first triathlon and rediscovering your inner athlete while we are at it!! I think you will find that having a set training plan in place will help you with the motivation to keep working out, not to mention plunking down registration money for a triathlon has always been a big motivator for Mike and me. Investing money means you have to stick to it!

Meanwhile, you might want to check out the training programs available here on BT. I have used various ones from the very start of my triathlon career and think they are great to keep you on task and making sure you are progressing through all 3 disciplines.

2013-12-30 2:47 PM
in reply to: AuD14

User image

Yardville, NJ
Hi Caleb,

welcome to the group! As I read your story, I saw several commonalities to my own. My weight crept up as well as activity slowed, but eating did not. I was almost 270 last summer. I am now down under 225 and maintaining. I've hit a plateau and would ideally like to get to 210-215 range. I too was not much of a runner. I did my first 5k last year along with the runs in tri's and my times were in that same range (35-45min).

I am very goal oriented. I signed up for my first 13.1 and that drives me to run 5-6 days a week now. I am actually enjoying the running, although I never thought I would say that.

My first tip is to find a training partner. And to be honest, we can be that partner. Stay connected with this group, post often, share your work outs. Share your successes and failures. We all have them! Together we can motivate each other to keep going and hit the goals we have established. I saw a quote today that said " a goal without a plan is only a wish". Find a training plan here on BT. Load the plan into your calendar and set the email notifications to send you an email each night with tomorrow's work out.

Mike

2013-12-30 8:05 PM

User image

Master
Midcoast Maine
Hi Randi!

So glad to see you are doing this...it will be a great mentor group for you all! Best wishes and chances are good I'll be lurking in the thread.
2013-12-30 8:26 PM
in reply to: jswayland

User image

Extreme Veteran
Central New Jersey
Thanks Jennifer. We are definitely looking forward to it. Hope you join us when you can!
2013-12-30 9:35 PM

I see it's now live! Count me in, if you'll have me.

NAME / username: Matt/DBGlobal

STORY: In the fall of 2011, at the age of 29, I decided to finally get serious about my health and decided to give triathlon a shot. Like a good engineer, I did my research, identified my problems, made a plan, and then days before I was to implement my plan, I started getting severe back aches and sciatica. After 6 months of pain, PT, and steroid shots, I finally opted for surgery to remove the bulging portion of the disk in my lower back. I had already had this procedure at the age of 18, and hadn't had any pain for over 10 years. Recovery was noticeably more difficult than the first surgery, and I promised myself that once healed, I would begin to get into shape and lose weight, and hopefully never have to deal with this problem again. In the winter of 2012, I started swimming at the local gym, and riding my bike on the trainer. I wasn't quite ready to start running yet, but figured I would be after a few months. The family bought me a new road bike for Christmas, and I started getting serious about training. I had set my sights on a late-season olympic triathlon in August, knowing that I had a pretty major life event happening in April; the birth of my son (second child). Unfortunately, I underestimated the time and effort needed to raise two children being two and a half years apart. My training went down the tubes and soon was just an afterthought. I continued to bike quite a bit and even managed to put 1200 miles (not counting trainer) on the new ride before the end of summer. Around July I got back on track, but it wasn't enough time to get in shape to do an oly, so I registered for the sprint distance. The race was great, I was not, especially my run. But I had a blast and am hooked.

FAMILY STATUS: Married to my loving and supportive wife, Stacy, and have two children (3 and 0.75). We also have two dogs who love to take me for runs.

CURRENT TRAINING: Currently focusing on running and am in Week 4 of a 9-week 10K running plan. Since it is the off-season I am (sometimes) lifting weights 3x per week, trying to bike (trainer) 2-3x, and swimming <1 per week. I plan to get back in the pool pretty soon.

2013 RACES/ results: Coeur d'Alene Sprint Tri/ 7th in AG (out of 12) - 3rd in swim, 3rd on bike, 10th in run!!!
Coeur d'Fondo/ not a race, not a finish either (DNF)
Turkey Trot 5K fun run (00:30:51)

2014 plans and RACES: So far signed up for Priest Lake Olympic.
Planning on: CdA Sprint (for redemption), Windermere HM, and Coeur d'Fondo (also for redemption). Some 5Ks as they come up too

WEIGHTLOSS: Yes, please! At 275, I've got a long ways to go. Would like to get to 220 this year and then reassess. I switched to a mostly vegetarian diet in October for healthical reasons, and have lost 10lbs without much extra effort. Still learning to maintain a balance between exercise and diet.

I found, through the Athena/Clyde Mentor group, that I do really well if I know there are people out there suffering along with me. I am looking forward to hearing about the group's training progress, and the inspiration I get from others' success (and challenges).
2013-12-31 9:18 AM
in reply to: #4916495

User image

Extreme Veteran
Central New Jersey
Matt, glad you are joining us here. It is definitely easier to do all of this -both training and weight loss- when you have others along on the journey with you. I know having two little ones definitely makes it harder. It will get easier as they get older. You need a jogging stroller/bike trailer to hitch them up. Imagine how much easier biking or running at a tri would be after training with them tagging along? ;-).
2013-12-31 9:23 AM
in reply to: #4921027

User image

Extreme Veteran
Central New Jersey
Did a short 2 mile run this morning on the treadmill, working on increasing the walk/run ratio. Then I hit the pool for an easy 1000. I'm focusing on getting faster and that includes paying attention to my head position, pull and getting my kick going. My feet float when I swim and have never really needed to kick a whole lot to keep my body position. Doing kicking drills yesterday made me realize how strong my kick really is and that it would help me go faster, so tells me I should,be kicking more than I am.

What training are you doing before the New Years Eve parties? Anything planned for New Year's Day? I plan to hit the trainer for a ride tomorrow.

2013-12-31 9:35 AM
in reply to: DBGlobal

User image

Yardville, NJ
Matt,

Welcome! Glad to have you!

I could tell you were an engineer when you stated your child's age as .75... Only an engineer would say that!

The 10lb loss is great! Keep it up and keep us posted. I don't think I could ever go vegetarian. I am such a meat and potatoes guy.
2013-12-31 9:39 AM

User image

Yardville, NJ
Today's workout was a 65 minute, treadmill, hills intervals. They tell me hills build strength in my run... I hope so, because I hate hills. I followed the run with 30 minutes of weight training.

Now I have burned enough calories that I can enjoy some adult beverages to ting in the new year!

Happy New Year!
2013-12-31 6:46 PM

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!

My username is tgishe01

Simple and familiar story. Not, nor ever much of an athlete. Overweight since my fiirst child 32 years ago. I saw my son however accomplish so much as a Marine in boot camp and he is now enlisted two years. He challenged me to lose weight so I joined Weight Watchers and have had success. I was also hit with a bombshell health scare this past year (TIA & aneurysm). My health is one of my main priorities for the first time in my life. I am now ready to become an athlete by way of running. I always saw myself as a runner, so why not?! Your story has encouraged me to pursue this with excitement. I am ready!

I just celebrated my 21st wedding anniversary and have a married daughter and married son.

CURRENT TRAINING: I walk a mile three times a week, otherwise fairly sedentary.

2013 RACES/ results Have not completed any.

2014 plans and RACES: Signed up for a Color Run on May 31st as a goal/target.

WEIGHTLOSS: I have lost 33 pounds in 2013 and amy continueing as my BMI is still at 34.

Edited by Fechter99 2013-12-30 2:15 PM
2014-01-01 9:28 AM
in reply to: tgishe01

User image

Extreme Veteran
Central New Jersey
Welcome, Tgishe01! We are thrilled to have you with us and look forward to getting to know you! You have made the most important decision already, choosing to get healthy and making it a priority for yourself. I am pretty sure I can say that all of us that are already here are here for that reason as well.

Happy anniversary! Congrats on signing up for that color run. They all look like so much fun and gives you the time to train for it and finish strong. Honestly the color runs and foam runs are one reason why I have started to try to run again. I would love to do some of these with Mike and our boys.

When you feel ready to start running, check out Jeff Galloway easy 5k if you have a smartphone. I have been using this app on my phone and have successfully gone from walking to running slowly and safely. If you don't have a smartphone, I could write up the workout plan and send to you. The key is his walk/run ratios and that you can adjust that ratio as it fits you.

Again, welcome to our group, we are going to have lots of fun!
2014-01-01 10:08 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Central New Jersey
Just came across this article here on BT. It is about rest being an important part of weight loss.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=...

2014-01-01 11:54 AM
in reply to: #4916495

Happy New Year All! No workouts for me for the last few days. I picked up a stomach bug and just have not been able to do much. Was hoping to go do a 5 mi fun run this morning, but that's not happening. Hopefully this will pass soon. I've been itching to try sufferfest on the new TV we got for the kids' play room/my pain cave. Maybe tomorrow.

Have a great day and a great start to the new year.

2014-01-01 12:12 PM
in reply to: DBGlobal

User image

Yardville, NJ
Happy New Year!

Today I am taking a much needed rest day. My biggest struggle today will be keeping my clouds down since my activity will be low. I always find that a struggle. When I'm not active I like to snack... that's bad news.
2014-01-01 12:47 PM

User image

Yardville, NJ
Originally posted by Mfechter67

Happy New Year!

Today I am taking a much needed rest day. My biggest struggle today will be keeping my clouds down since my activity will be low. I always find that a struggle. When I'm not active I like to snack... that's bad news.

Calories... Not clouds! Stupid autocorrect!
2014-01-01 1:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Central New Jersey
happy new year! Sounds like it is a rest day all around. Matt, hope you are feeling better soon. I had been planning to get on the trainer today but fell down a few steps last night and bruised my back a bit. Wish I could say that it was because I was drunk but had only one drink which was several hours before the fall. Hope the worst of the pain eases today so that I can get back to my planned training.

2014-01-01 2:04 PM

Hi guys,

Story: My name is Mariane (user name May4). I have lost over 100lbs but have gained some back (30lbs). I have run 5ks to half marathon but none this year. I am not a fast runner but love being outdoors.

Family Status: I have three boys (5,7 and 13 yrs old). My husband is military is away from home a lot. He's home only on weekends.

Current training: I still manage to train 4 days a week but looking to change a few things. As we have over 6 feet of snow, I mostly train indoors (Spin class on Mondays and Thursdays, Cardio Kick on Tuesdays and Boot Camp on Wednesdays). When I take the time, I jog at lunch time. I swim most Saturdays and would like to kick it up a knotch.

2014 plans:
Would like to to 2 triathlons (try a tri or sprints) with 2 of my boys (kids of steel).

Weightloss:
would like to lose another 50lbs.

I am new to the sport and am looking for help.

May

2014-01-01 4:53 PM

User image

Veteran
Lees Summit
If you guys are still open, i would like to get in>

NAME / RandyP1964:

STORY: Been doing the tri thing off and on for about 6 years. I usually finish in the bottom 3rd of my age group of whatever race i do. Its mostly do to getting consistant training, and the weight.

FAMILY STATUS: Married, 2 kids, 5 grandkids

CURRENT TRAINING: just doing some winter base stuff. mostly treadmill running and swimming. I start a cycling/spin class this month. I will start to ramp it up later in this month. getting about 5-6 hours a week hoping to finish the month about 8 hours a week.

2013 RACES/ results:
Groundhog Run 10K
Rock the parkway half marathon
Kansas 5150 Triathlon that turned into a bike-run do to weather.
Redman 70.3

2014 plans and RACES:
Groundhog Run 10K -Jan
Rock the Parkway - April
Kansas City Oly distance Triathlon -May
Maybe the KS 70.3
Redman 70.3

WEIGHTLOSS:
I started on weight watchers a couple of weeks ago. I will continue to use that, and hope to loose 30 pounds.

2014-01-01 5:23 PM
in reply to: RandyP1964

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

I would like to also get into this mentor group.

I go by Flip here but my name is Phil.  I have two daughters that are both out of the house now and my oldest will be getting married this summer.  My job as a plant manager means I work 60 - 80 hours a week and I went from being down to 230 lbs and able to complete a 70.3, to not being able to find time to work out much and am at my heaviest right now which is over 300 lbs.

I am working on my hours at work and making sure that I can exercise every day of every week.  Yes, rest is important and I know that also, and I barely sleep more than 6 hours on a very good day and I hope to get that back to 7 or 8 hours after getting more exercise in.

I need to start tracking all of my training and work on my personal issues with working too many hours.

2014-01-01 7:01 PM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Extreme Veteran
Central New Jersey
I want to welcome May, Randy P, and Phil to the group. I'm so excited to see that our group is growing quickly and each of your experiences/stories touch parts of our stories as well. I am sure that we will all be able to help each other be very successful in our races for 2014. Sounds like a bunch of the group is either following weight watchers now or like Mike and me did in the past. Make sure to share any great tips on staying within your points or any great recipes you have found that are weight watchers friendly. And, use the group to help with the weight watchers sticking to plan when you are struggling.

May, congrats on the weight loss so far and love hearing that you are looking to get two of your boys into triathlons too. Mike and I found that our involvement has rubbed off on our kids and they are much more active than I ever was as a kid, and are planning to do some triathlons themselves this year after doing kids races in the past.

Randy, seems that if we were racing the same events, we would be crossing those finish lines together. I am usually towards the back too, unless there are only a few people competing in the aquavelos and then I actually get to podium. You and Mike should be able to to compare training notes as he is prepping to do his first half marathons this year and has a goal of doing a 70.3 in 2015. This year we are relaying in the inaugural Princeton 70.3 Ironman race.

Flip, working long hours definitely makes it hard to get the training in much less quality sleep. Hope you can adjust your work hours so that you can get back to regular exercise and sleep.

This time of year is a good time to focus on exercise activities that once we get into triathlon training that we don't have enough time in the day to fit in or to build base for running, biking or swimming- whichever happens to be your weakest discipline. Weight training is important as well when it comes to weight loss - building muscle is key to boosting your metabolism.

Something that Mike and I have both found extremely helpful in tracking our food is myfitnesspal.com and the companion app for our cell phones. We religiously log all the food we eat and make sure we are staying with in our daily calorie allotment. The other key tool we use is the training plans and training log available here on BT. We did pay for memberships since we do like the extra features available but even for free memberships, you should definitely check them out. Even the bronze membership which is $50 for 6 months allows you to use some of the plans and training log. I am not sure what the free membership allows you beyond the forums since it has been a really long time since I had the free membership. One of the best features we like is that we get our workouts emailed to us each night so that we know what we will be doing the next morning. No, we do not get any bonuses for you using it, we just feel that strongly that it is a great tool to use. Let us know if you have any questions about it.
2014-01-01 8:21 PM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
NAME: Todd

STORY: I currently heaviest I ever been in my life. I am 40 lbs heavier than I been for most of my racing life. 90 lbs heavier than my lightest racing weight in 2008. Racing is much enjoyable at that weight so I like to get back down to it. 2011/2012 I was recovering from mono and this year I spent 5 days in the hospital and got my gallbladder removed. Due to some difficulties from surgery and my recovery from surgery I missed all my races. Worse my diet had to be horrible for 6 months which did not help.

FAMILY STATUS: I have a live in girlfriend

CURRENT TRAINING:

2013 RACES/ results:
None. 4 DNS.

2014 plans and RACES:
ITU Chicago June
Maybe Chicago Marathon if I can get in
Other races based on Weight lose / medical bills being paid off

WEIGHTLOSS:
I am looking for total 100 Lbs of weight lose. Minimally I need to lose 50 lbs before I can sign up for any race.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group -OPEN AGAIN!! Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Scott and Kelly's Mentor Group- Closed Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29

Started by uhcoog
Views: 26971 Posts: 719

2014-05-18 9:18 PM kathleenkp

Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73

Started by marcag
Views: 98222 Posts: 1816

2014-06-10 2:42 PM cdkayak

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 15727 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 28936 Posts: 415

2014-05-16 9:06 AM Birkierunner

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 26, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Research provides insight into struggles with shedding weight while training.

date : May 22, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 0
Are you getting adequate rest after your workouts? Rest and over-training effects on weight loss, weight gain.
date : March 21, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 2
Interval training for weight loss. Weight training for weight loss. These interval workouts can be done in 15 to 20 minutes and have huge caloric expenditures for those who are crunched for time.

date : November 27, 2005
author : Ontherun
For most age-group triathletes, getting the most out of there time for quality workouts can be daunting. Think outside the triangle to get a little more.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : February 13, 2005
author : JeremyLikness
comments : 9
Losing fat is not difficult. So why does this continue to be an elusive goal for so many people, who “struggle” just to lose a few inches?
date : September 19, 2004
author : Michael
I’m a C-L-Y-D-E-S-D-A-L-E! Many people in the sport know the division is there, but many of them think that it's a 'fat boys division.' So what constitutes a Clydesdale? Why even have this class?

date : September 3, 2004
author : Ron
What happens in your body when you eat, fast or workout?