BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 32

2014-03-29 2:28 PM
in reply to: Mike_D

User image

Master
Maryland
Subject: RE: Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me)
Originally posted by Mike_D

Nothing like starting your Saturday than with 2 hours on the trainer. now a quick clean up and off to the tri expo in Boston.

Weathermen need to get a clue -- forcast today was 45 and rain. Its currently sunny, blue sky, and about 46, and its not eve 9 AM!

Tour de Grapevine! I like it! Is there a place I can rent a bike, carol? I can bring my own shoes & pedals.

Enjoy the expo Mike. Some of my fellow Tri club members went last week to the one in Bethesda Maryland and really enjoyed it and seeing the pros too. I hope you get some pictures : )

2014-03-30 12:07 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Subject: RE: Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me)
Another good run this morning at a balmy 32F at the end of a recovery week 7:38, 7:13, 7:07, 7:09, 7:25, 7:19, 7:37, 7:31. Felt pretty good, hope I don't feel it too much tomorrow.

And throw in a 38 mile bike ride and 1200 yard swim to round off the day.

Time for our OCD types to round off their numbers to make them pretty for the monthly totals.

BTW I will be out of town next week

Edited by Baowolf 2014-03-30 8:23 PM
2014-03-31 10:25 AM
in reply to: Baowolf

User image

New user
Quick check-in, great week of training, especially the weekend.

Happy to report I was the fastest swimmer at the pool Friday night (but also the ONLY swimmer... explains it all). Felt special to have 4 opens lanes and 2 lifeguards all for myself
Resumed run training Saturday night, felt great! A good thing I went then too cause Sunday morning we woke up with... a snowstorm!!!
Did a 2-hour ride on the trainer Sunday, it is WAY harder on my head than on my legs...

Will be back tomorrow with monthly totals and updated logs
2014-03-31 1:40 PM
in reply to: isabella969

User image

New user
Fernley, NV
Quick check in, looks like everyone is doing good, I've spent that last three weeks hitting all my plan numbers and feeling really good. Winter has shown up here in Northern Nevada which is good we desperatly need the water. Spent the last 3 days inside training which I hate but oh well. Glad to see race season starting to show up, my first event will be a reverse sprint tri on may 17th. But, next weekend I am volunteering at the local littles triathlon which will be great fun.
2014-03-31 6:05 PM
in reply to: mrajki

User image

Master
Maryland
Swim: 3h 08m - 7100 Yd

Bike: 4h 44m - 66.6 Mi

Run: 38h 30m 30s - 265.35 Mi

Strength: 5h 35m

Elliptical Training: 45m

Walking: 1h 00m

Looking forward to better weather and some time in the saddle for April : )
2014-03-31 8:06 PM
in reply to: Terps421

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Linda, wow, wow WOW!

My numbers are below. Running has a lot of the beach walking in there too.

Run: 22h 21m 12s - 108.2 Mi
Strength: 3h 30m

2014-03-31 11:36 PM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Long day. Made it to Las Vegas, but then could not connect to the internet so went out looking for food on foot (the less than $20 at the hotel type). It turns out I went around the block the wrong way, because after I was about 6 miles around the block I found a store that at least had some bread and fresh fruit... but it was only 1 mile from the hotel had I gone the other way. Love the big city with no car. The bad news is that the pool is only open during the time I am in training, so no long swims this week. I was able to sneak in 3200 yards before I went on my walkabout, so hopefully I can not eat during lunch and get in 1500 yards here or there. Here are my numbers for the month.

Swim: 10h 45m 35s - 25850 Yd

Bike: 30h 00m 19s - 600.02 Mi

Run: 19h 28m 29s - 140.72 Mi

Pretty happy with the training. I however did eat some birthday cake and did some grazing after long workouts which totally killed my diet. Oh well. How is everyone else doing on their numbers.

And WOW those are some serious run miles Linda.
2014-04-01 6:07 AM

User image

Master
Just South of Boston
Good day yesterday. A 3100 yard swim which was tough, as it was a major mix of drills & IM. Not much straight freestyle. Bad news is that I'm one of the slowest folks in my class. The 'fast lane' is now pushing 1:10 and under/100. I'm sitting around 1:35-9 and usually 3rd of 4 in the 'not so fast' lane.

Later in the day I had an hour to go do something so I threw on some running shoes and did a hilly 4.6 mile run. Lots of rollers, and it was not fun, particularly the 36 degrees & sleet. Will jump on the bike tonight.

In positive family swim news, my niece in Texas was named a high school All-American for swimming, and an academic All-American as well. Maybe she can give me some lessons when she visits this summer

March totals not what I wanted, but they are what they are:

Swim: 3h 45m - 13850 Yd
Bike: 6h 52m 36s - 114.4 Mi
Run: 5h 42m 04s - 39.55 M
2014-04-01 8:36 AM

User image

New user
March totals.

Swim 3h 30m / 3280 yards
Bike 10h 31m / 163 miles
Run 1h / 5 miles

Other (skiing, snowboarding, ice skating) : 11:00

Satisfied with that, given that 1 week of s/b/r "lost" during Spring break (hence lots of "other" + play outside with the kids)

Also due to weather I switched my focus to swim and bike last month, so not much running.
April will be my running comeback; legs, get ready!!!

Great job Linda, Steve, Mike, Pam. You are all so inspiring

Edited by isabella969 2014-04-01 8:37 AM
2014-04-01 9:45 AM
in reply to: isabella969

User image

New user
Fernley, NV
Very happy with my March overall my largest training month ever and the most bike and run in a month ever.

Swim: 7h 02m - 22000 Yd

Bike: 17h 22m 14s - 329.93 Mi

Run: 16h 14m 38s - 110.35 Mi

Weight Loss: another 5 lbs down for a total of 13 lbs so far this year.

Looking forward to April and the arrival of spring I'm pretty much done with the bike trainer and want to be able to get outside in the mornings. I also want to get some OWS in but water temps around here are still in the lower to mid 40's
2014-04-01 10:11 AM

User image

Alexandria, Virginia
Mike, awesome totals and congrats on your heavy month! Everyone else, awesome totals for the month!

Swim: 3h20m, 9650 yd
Bike: 2h7m, 30 mi
Run: 8h50m, 56 mi

Not included is a soccer match (40 min halves) and some random strength work (core, arms, back primarily for paddling). I pretty easy but solid month and I had my first HM in the middle of it. Bike totals have been weak all year, but I reckon that'll improve as the weather gets nicer. I'm definitely improving for the year, and at a time when I'm typically dormant.

Last night I did some bungee resistance workouts in the pool. Lots of fun, very challenging, and a good workout for my upcoming swim meet this Sat! I highly recommend em, they're awesome for building and guaging your explosiveness in the water.

BTW anyone use athlinks.com to track their races? I could use some friends on that site.

Edited by phifatech 2014-04-03 9:07 AM

2014-04-01 11:16 AM
in reply to: phifatech

Blairstown, NJ
Numbers are:
Swim 3h50m for 6250yrds
Bike 37m47s for 8.86 mi
Bike machine 4h45m for about 88.8 mi
Run 7h48m30s for 45.93mi

It is a long way to HIM race so pretty solid considering all the RL stuff.
Changed the routinge a bit with a long run last night with 5.26 in 54min over some hills. Had to stop moving for a bit as some guys German Shepard got loose and was eyeing me up. Then I hit the gym this morning on the bike machine and had to dial it back. It has been a while and the legs are a bit worn from last nights run. Got in a good 45 min spin though. My wife is going back to work. Mixed feeling here as we could use the money but I fear training time will suffer as I need to help more. Tend to think the reduced stress will out weigh the added work though
Happy Training All!
2014-04-01 2:33 PM
in reply to: Tri-solar

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Nice numbers everyone! Dang Linda, that's a big peak to taper from. Assuming you are injury free, your Boston race is set up very nicely!

Steve, we arrived in Las Vegas yesterday as well! Yes, finding inexpensive healthy food is a challenge. Breakfast buffet at the Paris this morning was not exactly a good way to detox my diet. But probably walked 4 miles (from Luxor) for the priviledge though. If you're near mid-strip, check out Walgreens...limited groceries, but better than nothing. David Copperfield tonight! Will post #'s later, more focused on vacationing right now .
2014-04-01 3:50 PM
in reply to: squirt

User image

Alexandria, Virginia
Breakfast buffets at Paris are awesome--the crepe station in particular!
2014-04-01 5:50 PM
in reply to: strykergt

User image

Pearland,Tx
Hello Everyone

Trying to catch up 4 weeks to HIM time to evaluate my weaknesses, again its the swim. Just renewed my yearly lake membership so be going be there most of the time since its near spring here in Texas.I am looking into 4-5 hrs/week on the swim till race day.

@To all the riders/Everyone
I have been experiencing pain under my right foot after biking. The last time this happend is when i washed my cycling shoes and dried it and somehow warped my insoles. I have to go back to my fitter and have new insoles ($90.00) i think when i biked raining when i crashed two weeks ago the rain soaked my shoes may have warped my insoles again. Anybody ever experienced this? advice please?

@Steve
Great training , i dont know when is IMCDA but good luck on the training. You doing great. Enjoy Vegas!!!

@Linda
Your running is Awesome!!! you got to be enjoying your taper good luck at Boston!!!

@ISabel
You are tougher than me on the indoor traininer!!! for me 2 hours on a trainer is Woot!!!

@Pam
I hope i can do the maintenance running you do

@MikeD
Congrats to your niece!! You still need swimming lesson?? you got to be the fastest in our group in the water.

@Mike
Great solid numbers there!!!

@Carol
You're in vegas woot woot!!! enoy!!

@Jared
Congrats on the bike i am sure you're going to rack up good bike numbers!!!

@Samantha
I hope your wrist is alot better now!! mine is almost 100%.Take Care!!!

Happy Training everyone!!

March 2014 Totals
Swim: 9h 47m 09s - 20272.25 Yd
Bike: 22h 05m 37s - 396.83 Mi
Run: 10h 36m 24s - 60.45 Mi
2014-04-02 9:02 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Those numbers are getting pretty nice Mike. Keep up the good work. IMCDA is less than 3 months away.

I am staying at the Flamingo and yes I purchased all my food for the week at Wallgreens. I walked about 7 miles to get my PBJ. How far away from me are you staying maybe we could meet up at some point, though my timeline is pretty tight, training is 9-5pm tomorrow and flying back 11 am ish Friday. So Thursday night is a possibility.

The hotel gym closes at 6pm and the pool closes at 5pm... not very resident friendly for those attending trainings.

For the bike shoe, you might have just tweaked the part of the shoe that clips into the pedal, thus changing the angle slightly which can tweak your foot and /or knee. Did you crash on that side?

Edited by Baowolf 2014-04-02 9:12 PM

2014-04-02 9:36 PM

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Steve, ha, yes sadly Walgreens seems to be the best "grocery store" on the strip! We're at The Signature at MGM. Probably not going to work out to meet other than possibly at the airport. Tomorrow night we plan to take in another show (depending on what we can buy at Tix4tonight), and then fly home on Friday. We fly AA and depart at noon to DFW. We tend to get to the airport pretty early anyway, so might be able to say hello if your gate is anywhere nearby.

I've been a slug here, walking is about it, and not even much of that today. As Steve mentioned, the hotel pools are not really conducive to swimming. Nice fitness center, but I haven't darkened the door. If sleeping, reading, and eating were events, I'd be killing it!
2014-04-03 7:19 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Connecticut
I'm baaaack!
Down 16 lbs and up to running 25mins (OK it's in 15 and 10 mins chunks). Kids think I'm skinny - it does feel better running without parts of me going in different directions.

Starting to follow my training plan. Will catch up this weekend, though in scanning did see Pam's over 100 miles this month and another persons successful weight loss. Yea!

Mitzi
2014-04-03 8:15 AM

User image

Lexington, South Carolina
Hi everybody,

All of you have been putting up such good numbers. Great job everyone. Here are my meager training totals for March, which was a slight better than February due to less travel.

March Totals:
Swim: 3h 30m 12s - 8750 Yd
Bike: 3h 50m - 41.26 miles
Run: 8h 35m 20s - 42.23 miles

I have been skimping on the pool and trainer due to time due to more focus on the a half marathon next weekend. I hope to change that soon.

@ Steve, good luck wit the training in IMCDA. Your bike training posts on the trainer is inspiring.

@ Linda, best of luck in Boston. Look forward to seeing you have an awesome day!

@ Pam, congrats on to the 10K PR.

@ Carol, hope your have a good time in Vegas. I always tend to fall off the wagon when on vacation and have to try really hard to avoid any temptation.

@ Mike, awesome swim and bike numbers in March.

@ Carl, hope you get your sole issue sorted out.

@ Phil, great swim workouts!

2014-04-03 9:13 AM

User image

Alexandria, Virginia
Carol: Sleeping/reading/eating sounds like a hell of a triathlon!

Mitzi, fantastic weight loss! Stick with it

Anish: your totals are right along the lines of mine. I'm thinking April will be a big month. After 3 days I'm already at 75% of my bike totals from all last month

Edited by phifatech 2014-04-03 9:14 AM
2014-04-03 7:15 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Mitzi nice weightloss and nice getting up to a respectable run time.

I really rock at swimming in the pools in Vegas. But then I have spent 3 hours swimming in the pool across 3 days and haven't actually seen another person swimming, so the bar is set pretty low. I am getting the impression that folks don't really come here to stay fit. They have 1 stationary bike in the gym of a 28 story hotel and I spent 5 hours in the gym and I was the only person to use it.

I hope to catch Carol at the airport tomorrow and then be back home. It will be really nice to be able to use my pool, bike and treadmill whenever I want to instead of only having a 40 min window once a day for pool time and 2 hours of gym access. It was really nice to swim in water that had no current to fight against though, just felt lick cruising for a long time though I only had 40 min a day.

Edited by Baowolf 2014-04-03 7:23 PM

2014-04-03 8:11 PM

User image

Master
Just South of Boston
Mitzi -- awesome job!

2014-04-04 8:31 AM
in reply to: Mike_D

Blairstown, NJ
Mitzi - Great job on the progress!

Steve - when I think about swimming in the current, it reminds me of biking in the wind. Not fun but probably good training.

Put a nice 3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning. The weather has been nice enough but RL has yet to yeild enough for me to fit much in after work. So up a 4 I go and it has been working well but soon need to bump the hours up again. Me and some coworkers are running a 5k race in a few weeks and should be fun. Happy training all!
2014-04-04 8:56 PM
in reply to: Tri-solar

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Hey all! Happily back home from Las Vegas. I had the privilege of meeting Steve at the airport. He is super nice in person, and we had a great visit. I was glad to get a chance to thank him in person for all that he has given to me here on BT. If you get a chance to meet up with him, do it! Mike D, were your ears burning? We talked about how I will need to make sure you rent a mountain bike with stubby tires so I can keep up with you when you visit TX! Steve managed to hold the line on his workouts and not overindulge in a place where that is not easy. Shows why he is a repeat Ironman. Kerry & I did not fare as well in that department, but coming back from the land of excess makes me happy for the simple things, and the opportunity to eat and live healthier. Speaking of which, Mitzi, we also talked about you. Very happy for your success, and hoping that will be a springboard for long-lasting changes for you!
2014-04-05 2:34 PM

User image

Master
Maryland
Mitzi congratulations on your weight loss and goals! That is so hard to do and you are an inspiration!
Mike your swim numbers are crazy good! I am really impressed! That is something I don't think I could ever do, swim that much. Way to go!

Carol and Steve it is really cool that you two could meet! I have not met a lot of people on BT except for a few Marylanders or Virginia residents and it was great to meet them..

HAPPY TRAINING WEEKEND EVERYONE : )
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Rss Feed  

of 32

RELATED POSTS

KiterChick's beginner friendly group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11

Started by KiterChick
Views: 20788 Posts: 272

2014-05-16 10:43 AM KiterChick

BrotherTri’s - Triathlon Training Support Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13

Started by BrotherTri
Views: 19556 Posts: 308

2014-04-13 8:12 AM mcmanusclan5

Daffodil and JuniperJen’s New Parents Tri’ing Group - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by juniperjen
Views: 23857 Posts: 329

2014-07-12 2:16 PM Happyinmarin

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 15722 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : January 3, 2007
author : acbadger
Do you want to jump-start your New Year’s weight-loss resolution?? Then here is what it's time to do…TRAIN FOR A TRIATHLON!! Part I of a monthly series.
date : January 1, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
With the coming of the New Year, athletes commonly think about making nutrition resolutions. Good thing, given only 3 to 4% of Americans follow all of the established Dietary Guidelines.

date : January 29, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
To help implement your resolutions (or those of your friends and family members), I recommend the following books, most of which are written by nutrition experts: registered dietitians (RD).
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.