BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 32

2014-05-21 1:41 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Connecticut
Subject: RE: Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me)
Jay - you are back!

Mike - yea for making it to the water.

Finally left the gym and did some run/walking around the neighborhood the other day, the flat strips felt great - the hills not so much.

Today I walked a mile downhill to a running path. Committed to 3 miles, made it to 1.4. Noon sun too hot and at 1 mile I couldn't stop thinking about getting a piece of fruit (still at about 25g carbs/day). In my black spandex capris and an oversized top I felt like I was running across the Sahara in a burka and quickly went through my 1/2 pint of water.
Walked the steep mile home - half a grapefruit and 16oz of water later I'm feeling pretty good, it feels good when you stop hitting yourself. Next time will drive halfway there, will definitely bring more water, might even go crazy and have half an apple before hand.

You all are so inspiring - when I think this won't happen I remind myself that it is still May and I am building a baseline fitness, but I am running out of time to really begin some serious training.

Short term goal is a sprint that I fly through, not just survive and an oly at the end of August. I said this last year too and it didn't happen. At some point I have to keep the promises I make to myself or I will stop trusting me

Mitzi

Edited by MuscleMomma 2014-05-21 1:42 PM

2014-05-21 2:03 PM
in reply to: MuscleMomma

User image

Veteran
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Subject: RE: Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me)
Mitzi running in the middle of the day brings challenges we don't expect. We've had a very cold winter...our bodies aren't used to running in 60-70 degree weather. Our friends in Texas or Florida may laugh at that last statement but its our reality. Our bodies need to get used to the warmer weather....so doing about half of your goal isn't as bad as you think. I'd suggest that if you'd try again in a few days you maybe able to get closer to 2 miles. Progress Mitzi progress! Also, don't let your doubt creep up on you now....you're doing great....no negative talk about not trusting yourself! One foot in front of the other!!!
2014-05-23 12:25 AM
in reply to: medeiros13

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
New group is live, feel free to mosey on over and post. I probably won't be checking here after about a week, so just head on over. Of course everyone here is welcome to join up, no worries.

I must be getting old or something, body is not liking the last few build cycles of my IM training. Hope to muttle through to taper without anything significant pinging. I may have to adjust my max volumes moving forward. I do know that when run gets over 50 miles per week I tend to be much more susceptible to injury.
2014-05-23 8:02 PM
in reply to: medeiros13

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Originally posted by medeiros13

Mitzi running in the middle of the day brings challenges we don't expect. We've had a very cold winter...our bodies aren't used to running in 60-70 degree weather. Our friends in Texas or Florida may laugh at that last statement but its our reality. Our bodies need to get used to the warmer weather....so doing about half of your goal isn't as bad as you think. I'd suggest that if you'd try again in a few days you maybe able to get closer to 2 miles. Progress Mitzi progress! Also, don't let your doubt creep up on you now....you're doing great....no negative talk about not trusting yourself! One foot in front of the other!!!

ROTFLMAO. But Buddy, I understand it and you are totally right regarding adjusting to the heat. (And you have my permission to laugh at me when I start complaining of temps in the 40s or 30s next winter.)

Jay, good to see you back training so well. And Mitzi, so glad to see you doing so well.

Ok, I'm off to join the new group even tho I have been a total slacker on everything lately.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Rss Feed  

of 32

RELATED POSTS

KiterChick's beginner friendly group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11

Started by KiterChick
Views: 20755 Posts: 272

2014-05-16 10:43 AM KiterChick

BrotherTri’s - Triathlon Training Support Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13

Started by BrotherTri
Views: 19544 Posts: 308

2014-04-13 8:12 AM mcmanusclan5

Daffodil and JuniperJen’s New Parents Tri’ing Group - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by juniperjen
Views: 23814 Posts: 329

2014-07-12 2:16 PM Happyinmarin

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 15686 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : January 3, 2007
author : acbadger
Do you want to jump-start your New Year’s weight-loss resolution?? Then here is what it's time to do…TRAIN FOR A TRIATHLON!! Part I of a monthly series.
date : January 1, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
With the coming of the New Year, athletes commonly think about making nutrition resolutions. Good thing, given only 3 to 4% of Americans follow all of the established Dietary Guidelines.

date : January 29, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
To help implement your resolutions (or those of your friends and family members), I recommend the following books, most of which are written by nutrition experts: registered dietitians (RD).
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.