Other Resources My Cup of Joe » After an ice storm - the gratitude thread for the holidays Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2013-12-23 9:05 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: After an ice storm - the gratitude thread for the holidays

Well, we had a pretty nasty freezing rain storm move through and leave us nearly 24 hours without power.  It's still pretty dangerous out with the trees coated in ice and below freezing temps but we have heat, a working refrigerator and more importantly coffee! This little period of darkness made me extra thankful for all the wonderful things in this life! 

So, today, I am very grateful for:

- a hubby who likes to have 'survival' things - we had a crank radio, lots of flashlights, etc. 

- nice neighbours who all care about one another's well being

- our gas fireplace and stove for some luxuries during a power outage

- a warm bed 

- and as cheesy as it sounds - to our hydro electric workers who go out in terrible, treacherous conditions to bring us back our power. 

What are you thankful for today?

2013-12-23 9:30 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Subject: RE: After an ice storm - the gratitude thread for the holidays

Originally posted by juniperjen

Well, we had a pretty nasty freezing rain storm move through and leave us nearly 24 hours without power.  It's still pretty dangerous out with the trees coated in ice and below freezing temps but we have heat, a working refrigerator and more importantly coffee! This little period of darkness made me extra thankful for all the wonderful things in this life! 

- a hubby who likes to have 'survival' things - we had a crank radio, lots of flashlights, etc. 

- a warm bed 

- and as cheesy as it sounds - to our hydro electric workers who go out in terrible, treacherous conditions to bring us back our power. 

My Fiance is in MI and he may not have power until the 28th!!! I am thankful he has a gas fireplace!

2013-12-23 10:03 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Not Quite DFL
I am thankful for gainful employment and a loving family.

and my health.
2013-12-23 11:32 AM
in reply to: crimefighter2

User image

Sensei
Sin City

That I live in a warm place where we don't get ice storms or need to run a furnace other than for comfort.

2013-12-26 9:45 AM

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin

Originally posted by juniperjen

- a warm bed 

What's the update on this?  I heard on the news that the electrical company is doing the best they can in this weather.  Having no electricity in the winter in that part of the U.S. is scary.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » After an ice storm - the gratitude thread for the holidays Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

The Holiday Humor Thread

Started by TriAya
Views: 583 Posts: 2

2011-12-06 8:30 AM FoggyGoggles

Good news/gratitude thread - December 24th

Started by juniperjen
Views: 588 Posts: 3

2010-12-24 7:52 AM juniperjen

The Travelling for the Holidays thread!

Started by phoenixazul
Views: 935 Posts: 15

2010-12-28 1:26 PM graceful_dave

shameless, up-your-post-count thread....Holiday Greeting Pages: 1 2

Started by tri42
Views: 728 Posts: 35

2007-12-25 1:38 PM newleaf

Wind storm

Started by officersdr
Views: 900 Posts: 18

2006-01-30 6:41 PM auto208562
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 27, 2011
author : Mark Sunderland
comments : 0
The no-excuses guide to riding outdoors in snow, wind, ice and darkness. Bring it on!

date : December 12, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
If you are looking for a simple, yet special, gift for your running buddy, teammate, or active friend, enjoy making one of these recipes that will be sure to please any hungry athlete.
date : December 11, 2007
author : AMSSM
I have had chronic Achilles tendonitis problems for a good portion of my life. I am wondering if this can ever go away, or if there is a surgery that can be done?

date : November 23, 2005
author : acbadger
Don’t go without, just watch portion sizes and remember that there is ALWAYS time to get a short workout in…if you make the time!
date : January 30, 2005
author : sekhmet
We can no longer say “I’ll start training next year” or “let me just get through the holidays”- it IS next year and I, for one, am more than through with the holidays.