General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Yet Again... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2013-12-23 4:54 PM

User image

Veteran
East Greenbush
Subject: Yet Again...
Yet again my work outs uploaded from my device are not showing in my training log. It says they are successfully uploaded but aren't showing in the log. I have cleared my cache do I need to rest my router again?? I have notice this is happening more and more frequently. Anyone else noticing this? If this had happened a few days earlier I probably would have re-thought renewing my subscription....

2013-12-23 5:32 PM
in reply to: orphious

Subject: RE: Yet Again...
Waambulance.
2013-12-23 6:26 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
East Greenbush
Why bother replying if you can't offer to help? I bet you think your pretty funny with your little snide little comment hiding behind your keyboard. How old are you... 2?? Grow up. Pathetic really..

I posted in the main forum so hopefully it will be seen and fixed faster.

Edited by orphious 2013-12-23 6:32 PM
2013-12-23 7:01 PM

User image

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA
I have not had issues via computer. Posting via phone can get weird every now and then. You should post in the support forum. Good luck and hope it gets better for you.
2013-12-23 8:17 PM

User image

What type of device are you trying to upload from?  Is it something plugged into a USB directly with a wire like an edge 500 or something that transmits wirelessly through an ANT+ stick like a 910xt?

Do your workouts upload successfully to other websites such as Garmin Connect, Strava, TrainingPeaks, etc?

I've had issues with Garmin Device Agent before, and also had problems with corrupted files on the device itself...both of which resulted in me not being able to upload at all to any site.  I've never had issues with an actual site uploading workouts.

Just trying to help you pinpoint the error as this may be a customer support issue with your device rather than BT.

ETA: I've never used the mobile site to upload.

Edited by Jason N 2013-12-23 8:18 PM
2013-12-23 9:55 PM
in reply to: VGT

User image

Expert
Greenville, SC

Originally posted by VGT Waambulance.

x2

2013-12-23 10:31 PM
in reply to: Clempson

User image

Veteran
Great White North
2013-12-24 5:19 AM
in reply to: simpsonbo

User image

Veteran
East Greenbush
2013-12-24 6:08 AM

User image

Master
Bloomington, MN

Originally posted by orphious Wow ...decline of the BT Community indeed.... http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Not sure what the heck you are driving at with this comment and link. You post has been view by 155+ people with several responses. The recommendation to go to the support thread is a good one. I haven't had any issues uploading with my Garmin 910; but I am not doing it through the mobile app. Perhaps others don't have any other recommendations. Good luck with your issues. 

2013-12-24 6:16 AM
in reply to: VGT

Veteran
Originally posted by VGT

Waambulance.

x4
2013-12-24 6:39 AM
in reply to: Buckshot

User image

Veteran
East Greenbush
Issue was fixed. To answer your questions though...yes I posted in the support forum as well. No I am not uploading using a mobile device. Standard computer with ant+ stick It never was an issue with uploading. Its an issue with the work out not showing up in the log after it is uploaded. It has nothing to do with my computer. It is all server side in which I can't do anything about.

This forum gets more traffic so I posted here as well hoping someone had the same problem and was able to resolve it. My comments regarding the decline of the BT community were in regards to the waabulance comment and the people who replied with x2. Sure my post was a bit whiney. I was extremely frustrated by that point . But anyway.. my point and link are still valid. Decline of the BT community indeed..

2013-12-24 1:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Buckshot

Originally posted by orphious Wow ...decline of the BT Community indeed.... http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Not sure what the heck you are driving at with this comment and link. You post has been view by 155+ people with several responses.

I'll tell you what he's driving at. There were 5 responses. Three of them are either people just here to be bitchy or they are on tapers. either way, before clicking respond, they should consider if their post is helpful or not.

Either way, it is pretty stupid for somebody to log onto this forum and +1 to a B*tch response when somebody asks a legitimate question. It says to the world, "I want to be a B!@tch too, now's my chance!" . It demonstrates that people care less about helping and more about being snarky...For no reason. What do these people even add to the conversation?

VGT, Clempson, Simpsonbo, and Rover24 just demonstrated the failure that this forum has turned to.

It was a legitimate problem and was resolved in a legitimate matter, with no help from half of the people in this thread.

Edited by lifejustice 2013-12-24 2:00 PM
2013-12-24 2:35 PM
in reply to: lifejustice

Veteran
Originally posted by lifejustice

Originally posted by Buckshot

Not sure what the heck you are driving at with this comment and link. You post has been view by 155+ people with several responses.

I'll tell you what he's driving at. There were 5 responses. Three of them are either people just here to be bitchy or they are on tapers. either way, before clicking respond, they should consider if their post is helpful or not.

Either way, it is pretty stupid for somebody to log onto this forum and +1 to a B*tch response when somebody asks a legitimate question. It says to the world, "I want to be a B!@tch too, now's my chance!" . It demonstrates that people care less about helping and more about being snarky...For no reason. What do these people even add to the conversation?

VGT, Clempson, Simpsonbo, and Rover24 just demonstrated the failure that this forum has turned to.

It was a legitimate problem and was resolved in a legitimate matter, with no help from half of the people in this thread.

For most people on here triathlon is a hobby, it's supposed to be FUN. A joke here and there help to lighten things up.
Believe me, I don't mind being the butt of the joke either, with that said, I wasn't being a B*tch, I was being a D*ck.
2013-12-24 4:31 PM
in reply to: Rover24

User image

Veteran
East Greenbush
Congrats! You have succeeded admirably.
2013-12-24 4:39 PM

New user
Yorkville, IL
Originally posted by orphious

Issue was fixed. To answer your questions though...yes I posted in the support forum as well. No I am not uploading using a mobile device. Standard computer with ant+ stick It never was an issue with uploading. Its an issue with the work out not showing up in the log after it is uploaded. It has nothing to do with my computer. It is all server side in which I can't do anything about.

This forum gets more traffic so I posted here as well hoping someone had the same problem and was able to resolve it. My comments regarding the decline of the BT community were in regards to the waabulance comment and the people who replied with x2. Sure my post was a bit whiney. I was extremely frustrated by that point . But anyway.. my point and link are still valid. Decline of the BT community indeed..

Lighten up Francis! If you have a legitimate question, and pose it as such, seems you will get legitimate answers. But when you start off whiny with the "Yet Again" title and finish off with a vieled threat of non-renewal, and then follow that up by calling out the decline of the forum since some here called you on the whiny nature of your original post, what do you expect?
That said technology issues can be very frustrating and I'm glad your issue has been resolved!!

Learn to laugh a little though as the "Waambulance" comment was friggin' hilarious
2013-12-24 8:19 PM
in reply to: Red2sbr

User image

Originally posted by Red2sbr
Originally posted by orphious Issue was fixed. To answer your questions though...yes I posted in the support forum as well. No I am not uploading using a mobile device. Standard computer with ant+ stick It never was an issue with uploading. Its an issue with the work out not showing up in the log after it is uploaded. It has nothing to do with my computer. It is all server side in which I can't do anything about. This forum gets more traffic so I posted here as well hoping someone had the same problem and was able to resolve it. My comments regarding the decline of the BT community were in regards to the waabulance comment and the people who replied with x2. Sure my post was a bit whiney. I was extremely frustrated by that point . But anyway.. my point and link are still valid. Decline of the BT community indeed..
Lighten up Francis! If you have a legitimate question, and pose it as such, seems you will get legitimate answers. But when you start off whiny with the "Yet Again" title and finish off with a vieled threat of non-renewal, and then follow that up by calling out the decline of the forum since some here called you on the whiny nature of your original post, what do you expect? That said technology issues can be very frustrating and I'm glad your issue has been resolved!! Learn to laugh a little though as the "Waambulance" comment was friggin' hilarious

Ok...I'll bite.

IMO, the OP did have a legitimate question, and posed the question as such.  He is a paying member (read...his payments, in part, allow us free members to use this site) and part of being a member of a triathlon website should be the expectation that your workouts can be uploaded.  Seems like this is not the first time it has happened, and it is of the fault of the BT servers, so he has every right to feel a little upset...IMO at least.

So lets reverse the tables here.  Imagine you buy something from Walmart that costs $50.  It doesn't work.  It's not the first time you bought the same product and it doesn't work.  You stand in line at the customer service window and explain your problem...about how it's not the first time, yada yada yada.  Then some random person in the store, not even a paying customer walks by, over hears your conversation and makes a comment to you that you should call for a "waambulance" instead?  Would you laugh?  If you don't, and tell the guy to get lost...does it make you feel better if the guy tells you to "lighten up Francis?"

Such is life on the internet.  And probably why BT is no different than any other internet forum.

2013-12-24 9:17 PM
in reply to: #4917401

New user
Yorkville, IL
Ok. I don't think the wal mart analogy fits too well. All I'm saying is if the op just asked his question the responses would likely be more focused. It seemed he was as much wanting to complain as he was just asking for help. Someone called him on the whining. Some people laughed. Some took offence. I wouldn't expect much slack on a forum of people that would paint HTFU on their bike. And he never even told us the resolve of his problem in case there are others having the same issue?
2013-12-24 9:57 PM

User image

Veteran
East Greenbush
Cant tell you what resolved the problem as the problem was not mine. And as whiny as I was, and admittedly, probably not the best way to go about posting the issue, this isn't the 1st time this problem has occurred which makes it more than a little frustrating when a day or 2 after you renew your subscription, your works outs you successfully uploaded to the site will not show up in the training log. (hows that for a run on sentence). So in essence I think I have a right to complain a little.

I was in no mood for the snark and that nonsense is really below what the BT standard has been since I joined the site in 2006. I would more expect that from slowtwitch than I would here but hey.. its the internet and everyone can hide behind anonymity on the forums,

Edited by orphious 2013-12-24 10:00 PM
2013-12-24 10:04 PM
in reply to: Red2sbr

User image

I agree with Op and Jason. I don't know if this was the right place for a technical question, since it appears to be an issue on their site, but the Op is still a paying member and wanted a way to get support. When I found this site last year, I thought it was awesome. It appeared to be a good place for people really into triathlons and people just starting out who have a lot of the same questions I had/have. I thought it had a great community and wasn't filled with the normal bunch of 14 year old internet gamer crowd who needs to post stupid stuff and be a jerk to get their "lulz".
2013-12-24 10:08 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by orphious Cant tell you what resolved the problem as the problem was not mine. And as whiny as I was, and admittedly, probably not the best way to go about posting the issue. This isn't the 1st time this problem has occurred which makes it more than a little frustrating when a day or 2 after you renew your subscription, your works outs you successfully uploaded to the site will not show up in the training log. (hows that for a run on sentence). I was in no mood for the snark and that nonsense is really below what the BT standard has been since I joined the site in 2006. I would more expect that from slowtwitch than I would here but hey.. its the internet and everyone can hide behind anonymity on the forums,

You guys are wearing this schtick out. If you don't like the way someone responds to you, then either do what you did or ignore it.  I can't count the number of times I read "and so goes the decline of the BT community" or something along those lines.  You have posted a similar comment in half of your posts on this thread alone.  There's not enough waaaambulances in the country on standby to handle you guys.  Here's a news flash.....everything in life changes, everything!  I have no idea what BT was in 2006 and I bet most people who post here don't either......and the overwhelming majority of people from 2006 aren't here anymore for one simple reason.....they quit triathlon.

Still, Merry Christmas! 

Time to wrap some presents.

2013-12-24 10:36 PM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by orphious Yet again my work outs uploaded from my device are not showing in my training log. It says they are successfully uploaded but aren't showing in the log. I have cleared my cache do I need to rest my router again?? I have notice this is happening more and more frequently. Anyone else noticing this? If this had happened a few days earlier I probably would have re-thought renewing my subscription....

Tom,

I responded to the training log and support forum earlier that uploads should be processing correctly.  And yes, to everyone, this was our fault, we tried a new file parser to make things faster and more efficient, but it didn't work and uploads were uploaded on the server but not getting processed.  We have since reverted it and I have been monitoring it today.

Though Tom, I see that you have Garmin data uploaded through today - just runs with HR and lap data.  Is this up to date or missing something?  

I'm going to freeze this thread, but if you can followup in the support forums on this thread as I get email notifications on it and respond much quicker to site issues.

New Thread
CLOSED
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Yet Again... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

My achilles is toast yet again, urrr! Shoe recommendation??

Started by PatsyID
Views: 1097 Posts: 12

2012-04-17 2:03 PM JeffY

Bike help, yet again...Bear where are you?

Started by ASA22
Views: 572 Posts: 4

2004-09-21 7:18 PM trigurl123

yet again, the run does me in!

Started by autumn
Views: 676 Posts: 12

2004-09-05 9:35 PM 455halfim

Yet Another Swimming Question

Started by MUL98
Views: 822 Posts: 5

2004-04-28 11:38 AM Tri Swim Coach

yet another training question - over doing it?

Started by autumn
Views: 1112 Posts: 7

2004-03-29 9:14 PM autumn