General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Belton Area Triathlon People Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-12-25 9:48 PM

Belton, Texas
Subject: Belton Area Triathlon People
I'm a student at UMHB who is looking for a Triathlon group or club. I'm having trouble finding anything around the area. I am currently training for my first Triathlon and would really like to meet other people from the area who are doing the same. Someone to get tips and advice from. If you can help me find a group or something please let me know.

2013-12-31 7:46 AM
in reply to: cdittrich

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Subject: RE: Belton Area Triathlon People

I don't believe there is a specific Tri club in our area (I'm in Temple), but there are several running groups and bike groups around which I'm sure have triathletes.  You can find the bike groups on FaceBook:

WOW = Women on Wheels but men are welcome as well.

TRK = Team Road Kill

Team Army,

Running groups, there is Team RWB, and I believe there is an informal group that runs the trails at Dana Peak Park early Saturday mornings.  There is also a Galloway running group that runs at Temple's Lion Park on Saturday mornings. 

Swimming:  I know you have a pool at UMHB, but Belton HS also has a really nice pool and a Masters Swim group that swims MWF at 5:30 am. if you were interested in that.  I swim there, but not with the Masters group and I know there are several triathletes that train there. 

Once you start competing locally you'll start seeing a lot of the same faces and will develop tri friends that way...  Good Luck!

2014-01-03 9:28 AM
in reply to: cdittrich

User image

Regular
Whites Creek, Tennessee
Subject: RE: Belton Area Triathlon People
Well I don't know about too many triathletes in the area (I'm not there right now), but I'll be in the area in about 4 weeks (moving to Fort Hood), so I'll be looking for groups as well

I'll check back on this thread from time to time

Good luck and perhaps we can train together a bit!

Andrew
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Belton Area Triathlon People Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

New to Tri... Looking for any people that train around Granbury Area

Started by mike9200
Views: 878 Posts: 2

2012-11-02 12:23 PM TriVic24

Free Mock Triathlon in DFW area

Started by timf79
Views: 752 Posts: 1

2012-07-31 8:25 PM timf79

Houston Area Sprint Triathlons

Started by erin116
Views: 3824 Posts: 5

2010-09-29 12:51 PM erin116

Pre-Season Triathlon Clinics (Austin area)

Started by USS Dunphy
Views: 840 Posts: 1

2008-04-07 9:53 AM USS Dunphy

Killeen/Belton Tri Clubs//Groups

Started by TexasMPGal
Views: 712 Posts: 2

2007-08-06 11:53 AM The Starfish
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 27, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
We often forget the Other, that person or persons living behind the doors of our individual hubris, that secreted cheerleader who polishes our medals but never wins one of their own.

date : October 20, 2008
author : Lora109
comments : 9
I got about a minute into it and, despite bracing myself against it for months, I panicked. I could not get my breath. I said, "I can't do this, I can't do this."
date : August 20, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
For many athletes and active people, nutrition is their missing link. Here are a few ABC’s to get you started on the path to winning with good nutrition.

date : June 4, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Don't know how to setup your triathlon transition area? We cover everything from wetsuit tips, bike check, nutrition, shoes, equipment placement to actual race day execution.
date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?

date : December 11, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Searching for the perfect gift for a friend, relative, or teammate? Here's a list of winning book suggestions for active people.
date : September 4, 2004
author : surfking
How triathlons are very similiar to NASCAR.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
How to properly and effectively lay out your triathlon transition area.