BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 32

2013-12-30 9:05 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED
This core members of this group have been together for over 5 years and is constantly growing and evolving! We have helped people get to the start line of their first sprint and also helped them through their journey of an Ironman summer. We all truly love this sport and enjoy sharing our knowledge as well as always learning from new people. We welcome members of all levels! "RFP" stands for RELENTLESS FORWARD PROGRESS which is our motto we race by!

STORY: I have always been a runner since I was a kid (cross country, track, etc...) I did my first marathon (Chicago 91') as a Junior in high school. Never was fast but just enjoyed the challenge of pushing myself. Ever since I was little kid I would watch Ironman on NBC and want to do it but never really "believed" I could. During college, post college and first few years of marriage my fitness consisted of 12 oz. curls and I was the heaviest I have ever been. When we had our first child (2004) I made a vow that I would not be one of those out of shape dads who cannot do anything with their kids and I signed up for the Chicago Marathon 2008. I did it again in 2009 but was plagued with injuries. I decide it was time for Triathlons. Learned (and still learning) how to swim and bike and I have been addicted ever since. I have completed 3 HIM's (Branson & Racine 2X), multiple triathlons and just recently completed Ironman Wisconsin on September 9, 2012.

FAMILY STATUS: Married with 3 kids (Evan 9, Sophia 6, Myles 2)

CURRENT TRAINING: Took a well need 2 months off and am getting back at it January 1.

2014 RACES: This year I plan on doing the Galena Triathlon, Rockford Olympic Tri, Wisconsin Dells REV3 70.3, Oshkosh Olympic, maybe Chicago Triathlon

WEIGHTLOSS: When I started training again in 2008 I had reached 200 lbs. Since then I have maintained my weight around 165-170 just from consistent training. My problem is usually I don't eat enough-haha

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR: While I may not be the most experienced triathlete I can truly say that I have immersed myself into this lifestyle and have learned a great amount of info and still enjoy learning something new each day. I will do my best to help answer any questions or if I don't know the answer I surely will get it for you. Time management is something that each triathlete needs to focus on to be successful and that is something that I have had to deal with over the past three years with 3 kids, full time job, part time job playing in a successful Chicago cover band and fitting in my half and full Ironman training. But most of all I hope to be able to inspire and drive people to stay at this sport and be as successful at reaching whatever goals they have laid out.

Edited by tmoran80 2014-01-26 5:37 PM

2014-01-01 9:22 AM
in reply to: tmoran80

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
Subject: RE: TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress)

I'm in. Bio to follow. Great reading.
2014-01-01 9:23 AM
in reply to: IceManScott

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

And BTW, those joining Team RFP are lucky. We get it done.
2014-01-01 9:56 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I am in for another year! This is a great group of people and you will learn a lot.

STORY: In 2007 I ran my first marathon for Teams In Training then after that I found a bike group and one of the ladies talked me into doing a sprint triathlon. I will never forget after finishing that sprint I asked how in the world could one run a marathon after swimming and biking. Something must have clicked after that after since I finished Ironman Louisville in 2012 and Ironman Arizona in 2013.

FAMILY STATUS: Married with 2 dogs

CURRENT TRAINING: Hoping to get back into training mode the first of the year.

2014 RACES: Still deciding on what my race calendar will look like. Currently all I have is the Cherry Blossom Run in April

WEIGHTLOSS: I have always been lucky and never really had to worry about my weight. However I do LOVE to eat so to keep up with my habit I have to counter balance it.
2014-01-01 10:02 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Good Morning Team RFP.

Tim - Thanks for taking on the task of putting this together again for what is sure to be another great year. I promise I will help as much as I can (New Years Resolution)

Welcome to everyone and anyone new.

Here is a quick BIO which I will add a bit more to later

NAME: Kevin Corriveau KCGOLF

STORY:

I started triathlon late in the summer of 2010 with a tri-a-tri here in South Western Ontario Canada. I am from Windsor.

My reasons and story for doing it are varied and complicated and I won’t bore you with more than this - I was looking for a something else to do that would challenge me and keep me busy and I loved it. After a neck injury right after that first tiny taste of triathlon, I knew I wanted more so I set my sights on a busy schedule for the next year – 2011. In 2011 I competed in 6 sprint triathlons, bought my first road bike, started learning how to swim (still a work in progress), joined BT and met some great people in this group. After a great 2011 I took the plunge and did the first and last Ironman New York City in 2012, swam in the Hudson, biked in New Jersey and ran in NYC. Now, I am completely hooked. I completed my second IM in Quebec in August of 2013. Ironman Mont Tremblant.

For 2014 - Lookout Ironman Lake Placid - here I come

Just in case you are wondering about the KCGOLF thing - I am a Golf Professional, Class A member of the Professional Golf Association of Canada and teach a full time Business Admin, Professional Golf Management Program at the local college here in town. I grew up in the golf industry and managed golf clubs etc.

FAMILY STATUS:

I am divorced - went through that mess all last year - but I am moving on and looking forward

CURRENT TRAINING: Still putting my 2014 plan together with the help of all of you

2014 RACES: A race - Ironman Lake Placic

WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR OUT OF THIS GROUP:

I am looking for what I have always received from this group - support, friendship, understanding, humour, knowledge, motivation and a good kick in the a$$ when I need it or when you think I am starting to sound like I need it and I will offer the same thing in return.

Welcome back team RFP so happy to be along for another ride.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
2014-01-01 10:14 AM
in reply to: kcgolf

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
I'm in for another round.

Bio to follow.

2014-01-01 3:48 PM

User image

Regular
I am in as well! Bio to follow!

Thanks Tim!

Looking forward,

Todd
2014-01-01 7:56 PM
in reply to: ettringite23

User image

Regular
Bio:

STORY: This will be the start of my third full year of triathlon. I did my first sprint in the summer of 2011 and was hooked! I have completed about 10 sprints and 1 olympic. I am mostly self-trained and coached, but I take all the advise I can get from BT, podcasts, and books. My best sport is swimming (albeit I am not a great swimmer) followed by running. I stuggle on the bike; likely because of inexperience, weight, and equipment, but I will be working on my bike extensively over the winter. I turned the big 40 this year, but I feel much better than I did when I was 30; partly due to triahtlon and partly do to better nurtion and a few life changes. I have been sober for 5 1/2 years. Last drink was on July 4th of 2008.

FAMILY STATUS: Single again and on the prowl!

CURRENT TRAINING: On December 1st, I committed myself to do 60 minutes of SBR for 60 days straight. I have 31/60 done I will gradually increase my run and bike training up until March 2; then I will begin my 20 week half-iron plan. I start masters swim session in February with two swim sessions per week and will likely add a 3rd in May.

I have been training by the Maffetone Method for the last couple weeks and will likely continue that for the next few months. I essentially train in a fasted state and keep my HR in the high end of the aerobic zone. The goal is do build a solid base over the winter and hopefully make my body a fat burning machine. I already feel a difference. When I run, I feel great...I feel a slow, steady energy that I have not felt before and feel I can run forever. I will introduce speed work after a few months of this method.

2014 RACES: I was fortunate enough to qualify for age group nationals last year - short course. So, I will be doing the National Olympic race in Milwaukee in August. I plan on doing my first half-iron man in July (Racine). I will need all of your help to train for this! I have also signed up for the ITU Olympic race in Chicago and will run before all the pros! I will likely sprinkle in a sprint or two; 5ks, and a half marathon. I will also be doing Dare2tri events this year!

WEIGHTLOSS: Six years ago I was pushing 250 pounds. When I got sober in 2008, I started getting back in shape and lost weight fairly rapidly. Prior to starting triathlon in 2011, I was about 220. Last year I raced at 184 I still fight the weight rollercoaster. I can vary by as much as 20 lbs within a year. This is something I need to change. I would like to get down to 175 for racing this year. I feel this is doable.

Here is to a successfull and injury free 2014 to all!

Looking forward,

Todd
2014-01-02 2:33 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

I'm in, bio to follow!

2014-01-02 3:07 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

This group is just amazing, Tim is an awesome mentor and there is a great deal of experience amongst the other members as well.

STORY: About 20 years ago I did a few open water triathlons and had dreams of Ironman even back then. Life got in the way and I ended up re joining my old martial arts club (Taekwondo) and becoming heavily involved in coaching and competing for many years. At the end of 2006 my life was turned upside down when I found out I had bipolar disorder. After several years of real struggle I decided that I needed to take charge of my life and after seeing pictures of a friend competing at IM Kona Hawaii I decided that I wanted to become an Ironman, that was November, 2011. Since then I have done several sprint races as well as my first half marathon in July and I was all keyed up to do my first 70.3 in November last year at Shepparton but I tore my calf muscle. I also had to pull out of IMOZ (May 2014) because I knew I just would not be able to train for it with an injury. I cracked it over winter and got into a really down period where I did nothing but binge on crap food and put on a lot of weight (30 kgs / 66 lbs). In December I finally kicked myself in the butt and cleaned up my act. I am back training and eating clean and looking forward to an awesome 2014/15 season Down Under. Life with bipolar can be very hard at times, but I decided I could either be obese and miserable, or an Ironman and happy. My motto is 'Be Your Own Hero' and that's what I'm going to be. I want to prove to other people in my situation that just because you've been diagnosed with a mental illness, it doesn't mean that you can't follow your dreams.

FAMILY STATUS: Single

CURRENT TRAINING: Recovering from a calf injury, start back running at the end of January (when my weight is lower), swimming, biking and a lot of core strength work in the meantime.

2014 RACES: There are a few as I need goals to keep me focussed and motivated.

• Anzac Run 10k - 21 April
  • Run Melbourne Half Marathon - 27 July
  • Melbourne Marathon Festival Half - 12 Oct
  • Ironman 70.3 Shepparton - Nov
  • Ironman 70.3 Geelong - Feb 2015
  • Ironman Australia - May 2015

WEIGHT LOSS: As I've mentioned I put on a tonne of weight over winter. It's not hard to do when you have a mood disorder and a sugar addiction. I am happy to say I have lost 5 kgs (11 lbs) since I have been back eating clean and training consistantly. I follow a paleo diet and find that works really well for me and to counter act the side effects of the meds I have to take.

2014-01-02 11:00 AM

User image

Expert
Scott - actually you just get it done and then make us all feel lazy so we try to keep up haha

Originally posted by IceManScott

And BTW, those joining Team RFP are lucky. We get it done.

2014-01-02 5:42 PM

User image

Expert
Todd - hoping you can carry that momentum from your races last season into this year and most importantly stay injury free! Are you going to do Pleasant Prairie again?

Originally posted by ettringite23

Bio:

STORY: This will be the start of my third full year of triathlon. I did my first sprint in the summer of 2011 and was hooked! I have completed about 10 sprints and 1 olympic. I am mostly self-trained and coached, but I take all the advise I can get from BT, podcasts, and books. My best sport is swimming (albeit I am not a great swimmer) followed by running. I stuggle on the bike; likely because of inexperience, weight, and equipment, but I will be working on my bike extensively over the winter. I turned the big 40 this year, but I feel much better than I did when I was 30; partly due to triahtlon and partly do to better nurtion and a few life changes. I have been sober for 5 1/2 years. Last drink was on July 4th of 2008.

CURRENT TRAINING: On December 1st, I committed myself to do 60 minutes of SBR for 60 days straight. I have 31/60 done I will gradually increase my run and bike training up until March 2; then I will begin my 20 week half-iron plan. I start masters swim session in February with two swim sessions per week and will likely add a 3rd in May.

I have been training by the Maffetone Method for the last couple weeks and will likely continue that for the next few months. I essentially train in a fasted state and keep my HR in the high end of the aerobic zone. The goal is do build a solid base over the winter and hopefully make my body a fat burning machine. I already feel a difference. When I run, I feel great...I feel a slow, steady energy that I have not felt before and feel I can run forever. I will introduce speed work after a few months of this method.

2014 RACES: I was fortunate enough to qualify for age group nationals last year - short course. So, I will be doing the National Olympic race in Milwaukee in August. I plan on doing my first half-iron man in July (Racine). I will need all of your help to train for this! I have also signed up for the ITU Olympic race in Chicago and will run before all the pros! I will likely sprinkle in a sprint or two; 5ks, and a half marathon. I will also be doing Dare2tri events this year!

WEIGHTLOSS: Six years ago I was pushing 250 pounds. When I got sober in 2008, I started getting back in shape and lost weight fairly rapidly. Prior to starting triathlon in 2011, I was about 220. Last year I raced at 184 I still fight the weight rollercoaster. I can vary by as much as 20 lbs within a year. This is something I need to change. I would like to get down to 175 for racing this year. I feel this is doable.

Looking forward,

Todd
2014-01-02 7:19 PM

User image

Chicago
Hey Team!

Thanks for starting this once again Tim.

Bio:

Name: Gil

STORY: I am a beginner Triathlete with some Sprint Triathlons under my belt and one Olympic Triathlon. I became fascinated with Triathlons many years ago but finally in 2010 I tested my self with a Duathlon followed by a Sprint Triathlon. My biggest fear with Triathlons was the open water although I have always considered myself a swimmer. I began conquering that fear with the help of this mentoring group as well as actual open water swimming. I have always been a runner and have done 5 marathons and many Half Marathons as well many shorter distance races. I do not consider my self an endurance junkie but I do enjoy endurance activities more so than just hitting the weights at the gym like most of my friends do. Although I have a lot of running experience I feel that I do very well on the bike most likely because I enjoy it the most. With me turning 40 this summer I have a lot that I want to prove to myself and this sport allows me to test my will and push my body to its limits. Injury slowed me down last year so I hope I have overcome the injury and I can get back out there stronger than ever.

FAMILY STATUS: Married with two awesome daughters and Benny our dog.

CURRENT TRAINING: I have not developed a training strategy. I have been under the weather since mid November so I have not been able to keep ant real momentum going in the off-season. I’m part of the local master swim team and do indoor-trainer classes once a week. I will incorporate all of that with some running soon and develop a solid plan to get me back in shape more so to prep me for my first planned HIM in July.

2014 RACES:

March madness Half Marathon – March 17th
Galena Triathlon – May
Pleasant Prairie Triathlon – June
Racine HIM – July
Chicago Marathon - October

WEIGHTLOSS: I have not worried about weight in the past because I feel that as long as I’m exercising and eating right the weight will take care of it self except for now. I have never gotten to my ideal weight since 2009. This year I will work hard to get to 165 or 170 lbs. I’m currently 187 lbs. so I have a bit of work to do.

Look forward in meeting new people this year and hearing some great stories.

Cheers and happy training!

Gil

2014-01-02 8:44 PM

User image

Regular
I loved the Pleasant Prairie race last year! I will either be a Dare2Tri volunteer or race the sprint myself! Looks like Gil is doing Pleasant Prairie and Racine as well! woot, woot!

Looking forward,

Todd
2014-01-03 2:05 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tim, you had mention that you used trainer road quite a bit last year and you thought it helped you with your biking in the off season. I am hoping to improve upon my biking this year and was wondering if there was a particular program you used in trainer road?

Thanks!

2014-01-03 2:13 PM
in reply to: krazytallchick

Orlando
Hey Folks!

Welcome to 2014!

This is the year I really am going after it all.. Hopefully I can finish all the stuff I plan on doing.. and for the most part paid for already.. lol

This is what I'm thinking.. let me know if I'm crazy...

1/12/14- Disney Marathon - My first ever Marathon
3/14-Wildman Sprint Tri
3/15-Tour de Cure .. century ride
4/6 -South Beach Olympic Tri
4/13- Haines City Half Iron-- FIrst Half Iron Distance
June-Fathers day Tri Olympic
July -BFast Olympic
September 28th- IRONMAN Chattanooga-- First Iron Distance
Nov - Wine and Dine half Marathon
Dec -OUC Orlando Half Marathon

Looking forward to a great year of getting to know everyone again!

Lou

2014-01-03 6:48 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Todd - two words my friend - YOU ROCK!

Can't wait to participate in this group with you again this season - you will be awesome.

KC

Originally posted by ettringite23

Bio:

Looking forward,

Todd
2014-01-03 6:50 PM
in reply to: kruzmeister

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
You are going to have an EPIC year Simone.

KC

Originally posted by kruzmeister

This group is just amazing, Tim is an awesome mentor and there is a great deal of experience amongst the other members as well.

STORY: About 20 years ago I did a few open water triathlons and had dreams of Ironman even back then. Life got in the way and I ended up re joining my old martial arts club (Taekwondo) and becoming heavily involved in coaching and competing for many years. At the end of 2006 my life was turned upside down when I found out I had bipolar disorder. After several years of real struggle I decided that I needed to take charge of my life and after seeing pictures of a friend competing at IM Kona Hawaii I decided that I wanted to become an Ironman, that was November, 2011. Since then I have done several sprint races as well as my first half marathon in July and I was all keyed up to do my first 70.3 in November last year at Shepparton but I tore my calf muscle. I also had to pull out of IMOZ (May 2014) because I knew I just would not be able to train for it with an injury. I cracked it over winter and got into a really down period where I did nothing but binge on crap food and put on a lot of weight (30 kgs / 66 lbs). In December I finally kicked myself in the butt and cleaned up my act. I am back training and eating clean and looking forward to an awesome 2014/15 season Down Under. Life with bipolar can be very hard at times, but I decided I could either be obese and miserable, or an Ironman and happy. My motto is 'Be Your Own Hero' and that's what I'm going to be. I want to prove to other people in my situation that just because you've been diagnosed with a mental illness, it doesn't mean that you can't follow your dreams.

CURRENT TRAINING: Recovering from a calf injury, start back running at the end of January (when my weight is lower), swimming, biking and a lot of core strength work in the meantime.

WEIGHT LOSS: As I've mentioned I put on a tonne of weight over winter. It's not hard to do when you have a mood disorder and a sugar addiction. I am happy to say I have lost 5 kgs (11 lbs) since I have been back eating clean and training consistantly. I follow a paleo diet and find that works really well for me and to counter act the side effects of the meds I have to take.

2014-01-03 6:52 PM
in reply to: Lou_70

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Crazy? HELL NO DUDE. Can't wait to share it with you.

KC

Originally posted by Lou_70

Hey Folks!

Welcome to 2014!

This is the year I really am going after it all.. Hopefully I can finish all the stuff I plan on doing.. and for the most part paid for already.. lol

This is what I'm thinking.. let me know if I'm crazy...

1/12/14- Disney Marathon - My first ever Marathon
3/14-Wildman Sprint Tri
3/15-Tour de Cure .. century ride
4/6 -South Beach Olympic Tri
4/13- Haines City Half Iron-- FIrst Half Iron Distance
June-Fathers day Tri Olympic
July -BFast Olympic
September 28th- IRONMAN Chattanooga-- First Iron Distance
Nov - Wine and Dine half Marathon
Dec -OUC Orlando Half Marathon

Looking forward to a great year of getting to know everyone again!

Lou

2014-01-03 6:54 PM
in reply to: gdelamora

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Gil - welcome back my friend.

I like your schedule but you mention under the weather since November - you ok?

KC

Originally posted by gdelamora

Hey Team!

Thanks for starting this once again Tim.

Bio:

Name: Gil

STORY: I am a beginner Triathlete with some Sprint Triathlons under my belt and one Olympic Triathlon. I became fascinated with Triathlons many years ago but finally in 2010 I tested my self with a Duathlon followed by a Sprint Triathlon. My biggest fear with Triathlons was the open water although I have always considered myself a swimmer. I began conquering that fear with the help of this mentoring group as well as actual open water swimming. I have always been a runner and have done 5 marathons and many Half Marathons as well many shorter distance races. I do not consider my self an endurance junkie but I do enjoy endurance activities more so than just hitting the weights at the gym like most of my friends do. Although I have a lot of running experience I feel that I do very well on the bike most likely because I enjoy it the most. With me turning 40 this summer I have a lot that I want to prove to myself and this sport allows me to test my will and push my body to its limits. Injury slowed me down last year so I hope I have overcome the injury and I can get back out there stronger than ever.

FAMILY STATUS: Married with two awesome daughters and Benny our dog.

CURRENT TRAINING: I have not developed a training strategy. I have been under the weather since mid November so I have not been able to keep ant real momentum going in the off-season. I’m part of the local master swim team and do indoor-trainer classes once a week. I will incorporate all of that with some running soon and develop a solid plan to get me back in shape more so to prep me for my first planned HIM in July.

2014 RACES:

March madness Half Marathon – March 17th
Galena Triathlon – May
Pleasant Prairie Triathlon – June
Racine HIM – July
Chicago Marathon - October

WEIGHTLOSS: I have not worried about weight in the past because I feel that as long as I’m exercising and eating right the weight will take care of it self except for now. I have never gotten to my ideal weight since 2009. This year I will work hard to get to 165 or 170 lbs. I’m currently 187 lbs. so I have a bit of work to do.

Look forward in meeting new people this year and hearing some great stories.

Cheers and happy training!

Gil

2014-01-04 8:31 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Kathy - I used the "Sweet Spot" Intermediate Build I and II programs. The theory is that it figures your FTP then takes you in all these workouts at about 90% of that which is just enought to kick your a** over an hour. I felt so strong on the bike after I did those last winter.

Originally posted by krazytallchick

Tim, you had mention that you used trainer road quite a bit last year and you thought it helped you with your biking in the off season. I am hoping to improve upon my biking this year and was wondering if there was a particular program you used in trainer road?

Thanks!

Edited by tmoran80 2014-01-04 8:31 AM

2014-01-04 8:35 AM
in reply to: kruzmeister

User image

Expert
Simone I noticed you have a lot of running races at the beginning of your season. Was the runnign the thing that caused your calf issue? If so I would maybe suggest some more low impact bike races? I just don't want to see you get hurt again this year

Originally posted by kruzmeister

2014-01-04 11:46 PM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

Thanks for the concern Tim, but they will be walk/run races, I am following the Galloway method religiously this year and limiting my long runs during training. Doing lots of strength work also... oh and the roller is my best friend! The calf is actually coming along nicely, but I'm holding off starting back running (couch to 10K program) until the end of January when I've lost some more weight. There are no set time limits on the events I've entered, except of course the HIM's and IMOZ. Trust me if I need to, I will back off and spend the extra time on the bike.

Originally posted by tmoran80 Simone I noticed you have a lot of running races at the beginning of your season. Was the runnign the thing that caused your calf issue? If so I would maybe suggest some more low impact bike races? I just don't want to see you get hurt again this year

2014-01-05 9:20 PM
in reply to: kcgolf

User image

Chicago
Hey KC - I haven't been able to get rid of the flu. It keeps coming back. I'm just coming out of the worst flu that I have gotten since November. I don't know why but it's been hitting me so hard this year and it definitely has weaken me and slowed me down a lot. I did put in a good and slow workout today and it felt really great to start to want to get back into my routine.
2014-01-06 2:51 PM
in reply to: gdelamora

User image

Extreme Veteran
I can't wait to follow everyone and their awesome year of racing. Lou, Gil and Todd welcome back!

I finally picked out a few triathlons that I will be doing this year. Now I am just working on my training calendar so hopefully I will figure what the heck I am doing by next year.

I looked at how much I spent on this sport last year and it was a crazy amount. Good thing the hubby doesn't look at the financials, I will be trying to cut back big time this year and save like crazy for next year.

Simone - good move about the Galloway run/walk as that is what has gotten me through all my marathons and HM.

Stay warm as I believe we all are feeling this antic freeze, even you Lou in Florida.
Kathy
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 32

RELATED POSTS

Team Trisuppo - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34

Started by trisuppo
Views: 29539 Posts: 838

2014-05-16 3:19 PM jackiep
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 7, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Would it be a simple and advisable to swap back and forth between the road seat post with no aero bars and the tri seat post with aero bars?

date : August 5, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I have a Specialized Allez Elite road bike with aero bars. It has the stock seatpost. I am interested in changing the seat post to one that is more forward. What would I look for?
date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.

date : July 3, 2006
author : ChiRunning
Discussion on many aspects of ChiRunning such as falling forward, posture, hamstring tightness, stride length, leaning, stretching
date : June 5, 2006
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
How can gluteus medius weakness/problems be involved in iliotibial band syndrome? What specific exercises should be used in building gluteus medius strength in post-ITB syndrome treatment?

date : January 24, 2005
author : Team BT
Shanna Armstrong’s Journal Entry January 21, 2005 - The Race Across America
date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.