BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 32

2014-05-12 11:22 AM
in reply to: pnwdan

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Subject: RE: TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED
Hey Dan - good numbers and you will do fine on your century.

KC

Originally posted by pnwdan

Swim and run are good, but I definitely need to bike more. Only 3 weeks before my first century.

S - 6000 yards
B - 20.5 miles
R - 16.4 miles

2014-05-12 11:24 AM
in reply to: kcgolf

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Well Team - the weather has finally turned the corner and I was able to get out and do two long bikes last week. I am definately lacking in the biking so I am going to try and make a few of the missed miles up this week. I live on the flatest place on earth to bike so I am planning on heading to a hilly section of Michigan that is about an hour away from the border for 2 of my rides this week.

Stay safe everyone.

KC
2014-05-14 6:38 AM
in reply to: #4920811

User image

Sorry for the late update. Last week was not very productive for training.

Swim - 1750y - 40m - 1 workout
Bike - 10.2m - 37m - 1 workout
Run - 8.3m - 1h12m - 2 workouts
No strength training

Got a good swim last night. First time I was able to swim a full mile freestyle. Held my pace at 2min for first 1200y, and then slowed a bit. Probably could have gone further.

Have a good week.
2014-05-14 11:49 AM
in reply to: nrpoulin

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Don't worry about it Nate - something is better than nothing

KC

Originally posted by nrpoulin

Sorry for the late update. Last week was not very productive for training.

Swim - 1750y - 40m - 1 workout
Bike - 10.2m - 37m - 1 workout
Run - 8.3m - 1h12m - 2 workouts
No strength training

Got a good swim last night. First time I was able to swim a full mile freestyle. Held my pace at 2min for first 1200y, and then slowed a bit. Probably could have gone further.

Have a good week.

2014-05-20 6:35 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Winter session over

Spring session starting - what is everyone doing?
2014-05-20 12:51 PM

User image

KC- Gonna keep training. Does this forum stop, does a new one start?

Last week was another anemic one

S (1 of 2 workouts) - 2000y - 45m
B (2 of 2 workouts) - 26.2m - 1h43m
R (2 of 3 workouts) - 8.28m - 1h12m

Had a good run yesterday 4.75m @ 8:11. Hope to be back at running 7:30 pace for training runs by the end of the summer.

Nate

2014-05-22 3:07 PM
in reply to: nrpoulin

User image

Veteran
Long Island
Hey all,

It's been a while. I have been fighting with a plantar fascitis. YOW!! It is winning. I thought I was doing better, realized I was over due for new running shoes so bought a new pair. Same brand and make, just a hlaf a size bigger. I felt the heel twinge right away and thought it was just cuz they were stiff from being new. Tried to do a 10 mile run (OK probably not so smart) and had to walk home after 4 miles. Regardless of how slow I go, I have NEVER not finished a planned run. It was very disheartening, not to mention painful. I had a week off the foot before the Brooklyn Half Marathon to heal. I rested from running but I did finally go out for a bike ride. Glad to say the heel doesn't hurt a bit riding. I have done several rides. I guess the speed will come back after a few pushes but the roads are still scary. Lotsa gravel from pot holes and of course the pot holes!!

Well the Half came and the heel was hurting while walking to the start but I pushed through. (probably not the best decision I have ever made.) It killed every time I landed my right foot. I was fortunate to have a younger colleague with me who was suffering with stomach cramps. Given the option, I would take my pain over her stomach issues. At least I knew what to expect with each stride. WE had 4 decent miles (It helped that it was a down hill grade) then the struggles came. We ended up running a minute, walking a minute, just to get to the end. No DNF for us!! A victory of sorts. I must have compensated a bit with my left side cuz my left quad was killing me for 2 days. It was an effort to get down any steps. Couldn't land on the right foot and the left quad sore as heck!!
I'm still taking a rest from running. Did a bike ride yest. Went to PT twice. Time will tell. Hope to do strength and swim tomorrow and some biking over the week end. Will try a short run next week, I think. May try the sock or boot to stretch the tendon. Has any one had this??

Plan to sign up for some tris this week end. One sprint and one oly. I got into the lottery for the Marine Corp full marathon. My first, if I get there. Probably my one and only. I think I am going to try to work on strength and form in all three events and see where it gets me. Would love to get one full IM in. If it happens, the year my last child goes to college would probably be a good year to go for it and that is in 2 years.

I hope to go to Lake Placid the week end of IM. I have seen a few who are training for it. I hope we can meet up.

KTC, how is the new coach going??

Remember the Veteran's. Thank you to all who have served. God Bless America!!

2014-05-27 1:37 PM
in reply to: tmoran80

User image

Regular
Tim,

I won't be able to make it on Friday. Work has me out of town this week Have a good ride and hope to ride with you soon!

For me, I injured my right calf (those remember it was my left calf last year) about three weeks ago. I have been doing the RICE thing and stretching/strengthing per PT from last year and doesn't feel much better today then it did three weeks ago. I am concerned about my ability to get my run endurance up by my HIM in July...

On a positive note, my swimming and biking are really good!

Swim: 6,400 yds - 2:20
Bike: 111 miles - 6:07
Run: 2.3 miles
Strength: 2:06 (Core, Arms, and Legs)

Todd
PS: Still courting a lovely female...it is tough trying schedule/date a neuroligist...

2014-05-29 10:02 AM
in reply to: ettringite23

User image

Veteran
Long Island
Hey all,

Todd, hang in there. The body heals, it just takes time. Love hearing the romance update. BTW, what is the RICE thing?

I had my first fall off the bike on Monday. OUCH!! My own fault. Was on a black top shoulder, no cars coming and thought it was a good time to get up to the concrete road. The concrete wins every time. It was too big of a lip and I didn't go at enough of an angle. Feel hard on the left side. Took out a piece of my elbow tissue. Honestly the tetnus shot I was convinced to take is probably causing more pain then the fall although its hard to tell.I had them give it on the sore side since I didn't want to be in pain on both sides. The knee and shoulder have major road rash, the hip is bruised and sore, and the elbow, well, it will heal. Finished the ride home. Probably about 8 miles. I had good brake control so I thought it better to get back on the horse. I soaked it in a salt water pool for a while after, had some cocktails. Went to Stat health the next day, when the elbow, despite dressings, oozed all over my bed that night. Nothing broken. Too dirty to stitch. Suppose to ride 70 miles this weekend in an organized ride to Montauk. I think I will be ok. Kinda glad it happened. I know I can take it. It hurt like heck the first few minutes but endorphins are a great thing. One the nausea passed, we decided to just finish up and ride home. Total 40 miles.

The above injury is forcing rest for the plantar fascitits I self diagnosed. Next week, is a new week. I will probably swim, if the wounds are finally closed. Elbows take a while to close due to the frequent movement. Still need to register for my tris. Not sure why I am hesitating...
Hope every one is well and safely training!!

Warmest regards,
ann
2014-06-08 6:59 PM
in reply to: #4995890

Downingtown , Pennsylvania
Hey All, With apologies for my very intermittent posts (which I will blame on a busy family/work/training schedule, I am happy to report that I completed my first HIM today (Eagleman). No catastrophes (major or minor). Non-wetsuit swim. 6:55 finish time. Slower on the bike and run than I wanted but given the heat and wind, I have to be happy with it. Thanks for your support.
2014-06-17 10:41 AM
in reply to: avisser

User image

Extreme Veteran
OMG Ann, I hope you are feeling better by now. Did you do the long ride the following weekend after your fall? You are one tough cookie!

Originally posted by avisser

Hey all,

Todd, hang in there. The body heals, it just takes time. Love hearing the romance update. BTW, what is the RICE thing?

I had my first fall off the bike on Monday. OUCH!! My own fault. Was on a black top shoulder, no cars coming and thought it was a good time to get up to the concrete road. The concrete wins every time. It was too big of a lip and I didn't go at enough of an angle. Feel hard on the left side. Took out a piece of my elbow tissue. Honestly the tetnus shot I was convinced to take is probably causing more pain then the fall although its hard to tell.I had them give it on the sore side since I didn't want to be in pain on both sides. The knee and shoulder have major road rash, the hip is bruised and sore, and the elbow, well, it will heal. Finished the ride home. Probably about 8 miles. I had good brake control so I thought it better to get back on the horse. I soaked it in a salt water pool for a while after, had some cocktails. Went to Stat health the next day, when the elbow, despite dressings, oozed all over my bed that night. Nothing broken. Too dirty to stitch. Suppose to ride 70 miles this weekend in an organized ride to Montauk. I think I will be ok. Kinda glad it happened. I know I can take it. It hurt like heck the first few minutes but endorphins are a great thing. One the nausea passed, we decided to just finish up and ride home. Total 40 miles.

The above injury is forcing rest for the plantar fascitits I self diagnosed. Next week, is a new week. I will probably swim, if the wounds are finally closed. Elbows take a while to close due to the frequent movement. Still need to register for my tris. Not sure why I am hesitating...
Hope every one is well and safely training!!

Warmest regards,
ann

2014-06-17 10:42 AM
in reply to: healthlawyer

User image

Extreme Veteran
Congratulations on your HIM! A finish is a finish. Way to get the job done.

Originally posted by healthlawyer

Hey All, With apologies for my very intermittent posts (which I will blame on a busy family/work/training schedule, I am happy to report that I completed my first HIM today (Eagleman). No catastrophes (major or minor). Non-wetsuit swim. 6:55 finish time. Slower on the bike and run than I wanted but given the heat and wind, I have to be happy with it. Thanks for your support.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 32

RELATED POSTS

Team Trisuppo - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34

Started by trisuppo
Views: 29458 Posts: 838

2014-05-16 3:19 PM jackiep
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 7, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Would it be a simple and advisable to swap back and forth between the road seat post with no aero bars and the tri seat post with aero bars?

date : August 5, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I have a Specialized Allez Elite road bike with aero bars. It has the stock seatpost. I am interested in changing the seat post to one that is more forward. What would I look for?
date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.

date : July 3, 2006
author : ChiRunning
Discussion on many aspects of ChiRunning such as falling forward, posture, hamstring tightness, stride length, leaning, stretching
date : June 5, 2006
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
How can gluteus medius weakness/problems be involved in iliotibial band syndrome? What specific exercises should be used in building gluteus medius strength in post-ITB syndrome treatment?

date : January 24, 2005
author : Team BT
Shanna Armstrong’s Journal Entry January 21, 2005 - The Race Across America
date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.