General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sufferfest any good on rollers? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-11 8:52 AM

User image

New user
Kingston, Ontario
Subject: Sufferfest any good on rollers?
So i currently have the Kinetic rock and roll trainer however I'm thinking i would be happier on a set of rollers. Ive never used rollers and don't really have access to any so it's either i take the plunge or don't even bother. With that being said i really enjoy the Sufferfest workouts and I'm wondering if rollers would be any good . I see that some rollers offer the ability to do some sprints with out flying off the track. So are rollers worth the buck? Or stick with the rock and roll trainer?

2014-01-11 9:01 AM
in reply to: katan2212

User image

Veteran
Morgan Hill, California
Subject: RE: Sufferfest any good on rollers?
I have both a trainer and rollers, but haven't tried Sufferfest on the rollers. I'm not good enough that I could do the workouts on them. I have to concentrate too much on just riding when on the rollers. You could get good enough, I suppose, to where you could do it, but I'm not there. Going from not having done them, there would be a learning curve.
2014-01-11 11:09 AM

User image

I've done sufferfest, Spinervals, and CTS on both. Ever since I got the rollers, I don't believe I've even set the trainer up.

If you have Kreitler rollers, there's always one or two freewheel attachments and a killer headwind attachment that if you can be in large chain ring and small cassette cog, you're ready for the Tour.

2014-01-11 12:59 PM

User image

Expert
I do Sufferfest videos on my track bike on rollers a lot. Plenty good work out to be had. I'll also do something like an hour on the trainer with one video and then an hour on the rollers with an other video. That second hour goes by quick on the rollers. Used to put the Tri bike on them and go aero and you get a great work out that way too. Shifting in aero on the rollers takes a little getting used to, kinda why I mostly use the track bike and put pursuit bars (TT bars) on it.
2014-01-11 9:01 PM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

New user
Kingston, Ontario
Originally posted by DanielG

I've done sufferfest, Spinervals, and CTS on both. Ever since I got the rollers, I don't believe I've even set the trainer up.

If you have Kreitler rollers, there's always one or two freewheel attachments and a killer headwind attachment that if you can be in large chain ring and small cassette cog, you're ready for the Tour.

Any chance you can send me a link of what your talking about? The headwind attachment has sparked my interest quite a bit lol
2014-01-11 9:55 PM

User image

New user
Kingston, Ontario
I think i have all the info i need.. Thanks for the info guys

2014-01-12 10:15 AM

User image

Originally posted by katan2212

Originally posted by DanielG

Any chance you can send me a link of what your talking about? The headwind attachment has sparked my interest quite a bit lol

In case you didn't find it:

http://www.mountainracingproducts.com/kreitler/kreitler-products/
2014-01-13 7:41 AM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Extreme Veteran
I just started with Sufferfest about a month ago and have only done them on rollers. It has been going well, and I don't think I'm anything special on rollers. There is one video I have that requires you to get out of the saddle which I can't do on rollers,so I just gear down and go with the slower cadence.
2014-01-13 8:37 AM
in reply to: jmcconne

User image

Originally posted by jmcconne

I just started with Sufferfest about a month ago and have only done them on rollers. It has been going well, and I don't think I'm anything special on rollers. There is one video I have that requires you to get out of the saddle which I can't do on rollers,so I just gear down and go with the slower cadence.

Gear to 53/11 (or whatever big ring, smallest cassette is) on your bike and do one foot push, get going again and do that again. After a few of those you'll get the rhythm down and be able to do one full rotation. Just keep going and it'll get easier after a few thousand of those

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sufferfest any good on rollers? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Sufferfest on Rollers

Started by htodman
Views: 2035 Posts: 5

2012-12-24 6:22 AM htodman

Replacement rollers for Cycleops bike rollers?

Started by AHare
Views: 1189 Posts: 2

2011-10-12 6:53 PM axteraa

Best of Sufferfest

Started by La Tortuga
Views: 3789 Posts: 11

2011-10-04 5:51 AM Mike_D

Sufferfest podcast

Started by jpjewels
Views: 1511 Posts: 3

2009-01-03 5:25 PM rowdypaint
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 15, 2012
author : PosiChiro.com
comments : 0
Dr. Kathy Coutinho’s presentation will discuss how to attain ultimate form and balance to maximize your body’s athletic function, includes many techniques for injury prevention.

date : February 29, 2012
comments : 1
What would the uninitiated make of all of our gear?
date : December 3, 2008
author : dexter
comments : 15
What are rollers? How can rollers help your bike training? Learn how to use your first set of rollers without doing too much bodily harm to yourself.

date : December 11, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
Searching for the perfect gift for a friend, relative, or teammate? Here's a list of winning book suggestions for active people.
date : March 19, 2007
author : Team BT
Ab Roller abdominal exercise instruction with picture and video

date : March 5, 2006
author : chrisandniki
BT'ers vote on all of their favorite products, sites and people. See results for the sports of swim, bike, run and triathlon.
date : October 2, 2005
author : KevinKonczak
So which one is best for you? It boils down to the aforementioned questions only you can answer and, ultimately, to what extent you will use it as a tool for winter cycling fitness.

date : September 1, 2004
author : TriSports.com
As the Holiday season approaches and temperatures steadily drop, triathletes become faced with a difficult decision, to ride or not to ride.