Canadian Triathlon Forum Alberta » Focus on duathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-13 9:43 AM

Subject: Focus on duathlon
I started doing triathlons a couple years ago (I've done two seasons).

I come from a running background and I enjoy biking. However, I am a very weak swimmer. I've done a couple duathlons in the past couple years and I really enjoy them.

Would it be reasonable to focus on duathlons (make those my "A" races) and then do triathlons just for fun / training exercises?

I'd do only duathlons, if I could, but there don't seem to be enough available to fill a summer.

2014-01-13 11:08 AM
in reply to: StephanieM

User image

Wetaskiwin Canada
Subject: RE: Focus on duathlon
Hi Stephanie,
I don't know where you are located in Alberta an how many duathons you want to do, but I have found a number of them through out the year. I don't know if they are sprints or regular distance but you can check them out,

May 10th Drayton Valley Duathon
May 11th Spruce Grove
May 25th Sylvan lake
June 7th Halfmoon lake resort
June 7th off road Hinton
June 15th Edmonton
June 21st Elbow valley Calgary
July 19th Leduc
July 27th Devon
Aug 17th Miquelon Prov. park
Sept 21st Turner Valley

I think this will keep you quite busy through the year.
you can find them all on the Alberta triathlon website.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Alberta » Focus on duathlon Rss Feed  
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 20, 2008
author : araqnid
comments : 0
After doing duathlons for the last couple of years, I decided to go for a triathlon. Starting with an Olympic-distance race perhaps wasn't wise, but it was fun (of a sort).

date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.
date : June 11, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
My first duathlon was a success. I had so many fears before the race but none of those fears happened. And when it was all over, I felt I had accomplished something big.

date : October 30, 2005
author : mikericci
comments : 1
This program should be used for an athlete who is new to duathlon and their goal is to complete a sprint duathlon without difficulty. The schedule consists of 3 workouts per week in each sport.
date : October 30, 2005
author : mikericci
This program should be used for an athlete who is an experienced duathlete and their goal is to complete a medium distance duathlon without difficulty.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
Don’t forget this is an incredibly big year for sport with the Olympics back in Athens where the modern Olympics started, and especially triathlon to make its second appearance.
date : September 1, 2004
author : AskMrsBT
"I was wondering if this is a sensible approach? Should I get "better" on short distance and then move to something longer or do what I want if I feel I can do it whatever the time?"

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
Bricks refer to training on two disciplines during the same workout.