General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimming and stretching Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-15 9:13 AM

User image

Subject: Swimming and stretching
I have been doing the sport for only a couple of years, this being my fourth. I have a regular routine of stretching with a mix of yoga too. I have found that after, or even during a good swim session that my hamstrings and tendons behind my knees get a little tight. Stretching after the swim or even the next day I find that I cannot stretch nearly as far. After an hour stretch session I feel good again but was just wondering.

Does anyone else find themselves a little tighter after a swim?

2014-01-15 12:50 PM
in reply to: Dub_Z

User image

New user
Manassas, Virginia
Subject: RE: Swimming and stretching
I usually find that my swims are the best way to loosen up after a hard bike or run.

Sounds like you might be getting a little tense when you're swimming. What beat kick do you use? I have a two-beat kick that's pretty much just a balancer for my stroke.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimming and stretching Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Lift weights before or after swimming?

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 19386 Posts: 8

2010-12-07 11:00 AM fclavijo

Mixing swimming with lifting

Started by privateer
Views: 2352 Posts: 5

2010-12-08 6:50 PM MUSKOKAFIVEOH

Strength for swimming improvement--need suggestions/ideas

Started by TexasMPGal
Views: 2771 Posts: 17

2008-04-28 8:40 PM sharp4850

Stretching

Started by Triguy67
Views: 1614 Posts: 6

2008-03-05 11:36 AM ACGRAY22

How to coordinate strength training with swim/bike/run work outs

Started by Tri_Kor
Views: 3090 Posts: 11

2008-05-18 8:00 PM Benskull
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 28, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 3
I have had Plantar Fasciitis in both feet for 5 years, orthotics have finally helped where I can run again. Are there recommendations beyond ice and stretching?

date : February 2, 2009
author : EnduranceFilms
comments : 0
Here is a very focused and specific triathlon stretching program that you can employ during or after your swim, bike and run workouts.
date : October 15, 2008
I've had shoulder problems since the very beginning of tri training. I did see an ortho who took x-rays and said I have a type II acromioin. I'd love to know some stretches to help my flexibility.

date : May 7, 2008
comments : 4
Studies looking at stretching have had mixed results. It is a difficult to examine because stretching is ingrained in the psyche of so many athletes that they are unwilling to participate as controls.
date : January 7, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on swimming, observing, asking questions, flip-turns, flexible ankles, rotation, Stretch Cordz, skiing substitution and resting.

date : November 14, 2004
author : trixie
A static stretching routine to aid in coordination, reducing muscle tension while serving to increase your range of motion.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
Learn how to properly apply stretching to your triathlon training.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
A lot of us don’t spend too much time worrying about stretching and strengthening exercises for our lower back.