General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman 70.3 Silverman : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 12

2014-09-17 6:54 PM
in reply to: wolff840

User image

Subject: RE: Ironman 70.3 Silverman : Official Thread
So, another important question: I know everyone is dreaming about what they're going to eat after the race (I know at least I am!). And Las Vegas being the mecca for some great dining options, what is everyone thinking for their post race meal?

2014-09-17 7:56 PM
in reply to: adamchill

User image

Originally posted by adamchill So, another important question: I know everyone is dreaming about what they're going to eat after the race (I know at least I am!). And Las Vegas being the mecca for some great dining options, what is everyone thinking for their post race meal?

In n Out in Barstow on the way home 

2014-09-18 12:27 PM

User image

Originally posted by adamchill

So, another important question: I know everyone is dreaming about what they're going to eat after the race (I know at least I am!). And Las Vegas being the mecca for some great dining options, what is everyone thinking for their post race meal?

I heard very good reviews about the buffet at Ceasar's
2014-09-18 12:39 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Originally posted by ChrisM

Originally posted by adamchill So, another important question: I know everyone is dreaming about what they're going to eat after the race (I know at least I am!). And Las Vegas being the mecca for some great dining options, what is everyone thinking for their post race meal?

In n Out in Barstow on the way home 

X2
2014-09-18 12:49 PM

User image

Regular
Los Angeles

There's one in Henderson -  the address is 1051 W. Sunset Rd, right off the 515.

2014-09-18 2:29 PM
in reply to: alex_korr

User image

Originally posted by alex_korr

There's one in Henderson -  the address is 1051 W. Sunset Rd, right off the 515.

Done. I hit that one last month.

2014-09-18 2:43 PM

User image

I should have clarified.  The one in Henderson will be lunch

Barstow will be dinner 

2014-09-18 3:58 PM

User image

Regular
Los Angeles

That's the spirit!

2014-09-20 10:36 AM

User image

Regular
Georgetown, KY
I've got free buffet passes at the M Resort I'll probably go to. Voted best buffet in Las Vegas, beer included, at my hotel (6 miles from transition), and it'll be the last night I'm there before we move to the Wynn on the strip.

I LOVE Vegas restaurants though, and have been to the best ones there. Tell me what kind of meal you'd like (fine dining, more casual, steak, seafood, Asian, French, Italian, that kind of thing) and I can make a recommendation.
2014-09-20 3:41 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

I'm just sorry that I can only choose one restaurant that night! I'll probably get a burger right after the race, but then we may head down to Brazil de Texas for some magical sword meat. This is the last race of the season for me, so the next morning I will be getting donuts... Definitely donuts!

Edited by adamchill 2014-09-20 3:42 PM
2014-09-22 1:31 PM

User image

Regular
Los Angeles

The weather forecast seems to be forecasting temps in the mid-80s starting from next week. Oh, and the thunderstorms this Saturday!

2014-09-22 2:20 PM

User image

The weather forecast seems to be forecasting temps in the mid-80s starting from next week. Oh, and the thunderstorms this Saturday!

I know as well as anyone that it's not accurate,but as of right now it'll be 79 on race day per accuweather.  Woot!! 

As for me, it's been a long season and I am nearing the edge of burnout, if I haven't crossed over already....  I am starting to not really care, just gonna go, do the best I can, get the shirt, and have fun.

And then four weeks later I have a trail marathon.

I really gotta have a word with my race season planner.  He's a douche

2014-09-22 3:04 PM

User image

Regular
Los Angeles

I am sorta in the same boat. Burnout is starting to creep in. Started the season in late December, got injured, could not race til summer but cycled my off to keep up the form, then 3 races within 11 weeks, and a marathon to follow in early November.

After that I am eating donuts for at least 2 months.

2014-09-22 3:46 PM

User image

Lake temp still at 80. We'll see what a couple weeks of overnight lows in the 60s does.
2014-09-22 4:03 PM

User image

I know as well as anyone that it's not accurate,but as of right now it'll be 79 on race day per accuweather.  Woot!! 

As for me, it's been a long season and I am nearing the edge of burnout, if I haven't crossed over already....  I am starting to not really care, just gonna go, do the best I can, get the shirt, and have fun.

Just get rid fo him why dont you Chris lol j/k

What trail marathon did you sign up for? I'm thinking of doing the Avalon 50 in Jan 2015.
2014-09-22 4:04 PM
in reply to: StevenC

User image

Originally posted by StevenC

Lake temp still at 80. We'll see what a couple weeks of overnight lows in the 60s does.

Crossing my fingers!

2014-09-22 4:05 PM

User image

Cmon fall weather, hurry the F up!
2014-09-22 4:15 PM
in reply to: dondie

User image

Originally posted by dondie

Just get rid fo him why dont you Chris lol j/k What trail marathon did you sign up for? I'm thinking of doing the Avalon 50 in Jan 2015.

Well I sure am not letting him plan anything yet for next season.  I, I mean he.... actually started looking at HITS palm springs a couple weeks ago and had to slap him to get him to close the page (the $160 entry fee made that easier too)

Catalina Eco Marathon 11/8

2014-09-22 5:10 PM

User image

I made the mistake of doing HITS Palm Springs last year. Not a mistake because it was a poor race (in fact I enjoyed it), but it was a mistake because it essentially tied both my 2013 and 2014 race seasons together. My race planner has his douchy tendencies too. This year I will thoroughly enjoy the off season. Like you, I am just done with 2014 race season.
2014-09-22 5:17 PM

User image

Just get rid fo him why dont you Chris lol j/k What trail marathon did you sign up for? I'm thinking of doing the Avalon 50 in Jan 2015.

Well I sure am not letting him plan anything yet for next season.  I, I mean he.... actually started looking at HITS palm springs a couple weeks ago and had to slap him to get him to close the page (the $160 entry fee made that easier too)

What? No HITS Palm Springs. It was so fun last year, what with the 50 degree water temp and <40 degree air start temp. Why would you not want that. I am signed up but may bail. Donuts are sounding good about now.
2014-09-22 5:21 PM

User image

HITS is on Dec, right? that would be an epic way to end the season..if i'm not mistaken, there's an In n Out in Cabazon

2014-09-22 7:07 PM

User image

HITS is on Dec, right? that would be an epic way to end the season..if i'm not mistaken, there's an In n Out in Cabazon

I did HITS in 2012, signed up last year for like $25 with a tri club discount, so it was no biggie to skip due to cold    And yeah, I know that In N Out.     Funny, I hardly ever eat it here at home.

2014-09-22 7:21 PM

User image

I did HITS in 2012, signed up last year for like $25 with a tri club discount, so it was no biggie to skip due to cold    And yeah, I know that In N Out.     Funny, I hardly ever eat it here at home.

Same here, fast food just tastes better on road trips haha

Thinking of doing Oceanside next year..any thougts?
2014-09-22 7:22 PM

User image

Same here, fast food just tastes better on road trips haha Thinking of doing Oceanside next year..any thougts?

My only thought is... it's sold out

2014-09-22 7:22 PM

User image

Originally posted by adamchill

I made the mistake of doing HITS Palm Springs last year. Not a mistake because it was a poor race (in fact I enjoyed it), but it was a mistake because it essentially tied both my 2013 and 2014 race seasons together. My race planner has his douchy tendencies too. This year I will thoroughly enjoy the off season. Like you, I am just done with 2014 race season.

How about a half marathon to end the season?
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman 70.3 Silverman : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 12

RELATED POSTS

Silverman - Full Ironman : Official Thread

Started by g_shotts
Views: 2492 Posts: 2

2010-06-03 10:56 AM trid

Silverman - Full Ironman : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by chile7473
Views: 18473 Posts: 130

2011-08-30 2:24 PM Dultra

Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16

Started by trishie
Views: 37665 Posts: 379

2010-04-04 7:40 PM distancegirl

Ford Ironman 70.3 California: Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10

Started by kwfire
Views: 30607 Posts: 235

2009-05-07 8:59 AM Project_A
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 28, 2012
author : packetron
comments : 4
My personal experience to complete the Ironman 70.3

date : October 8, 2009
author : brianyanowski
comments : 2
Some mistakes I made during the Hawaii Ironman 70.3. Don't be caught out on the course not knowing how or not having the equipment to change a flat tire.
date : July 1, 2009
author : mrmarkcole
comments : 37
Or why an Ironman 70.3 may not be your best choice for your first triathlon.

date : August 21, 2008
author : TriChica
comments : 8
I thought of all the times I didn’t attempt something I wanted to do because I was too afraid of trying something new or of failing completely.
date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
comments : 1
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.

date : January 1, 2008
author : jgosse66
comments : 0
Here is my five step plan for getting mentally prepared for next year’s Ironman Newfoundland 70.3, or any other race that you may have.
date : October 4, 2007
author : jgosse66
comments : 0
It was the morning of Ironman Newfoundland 70.3, I felt queasy. I didn't want to eat or drink anything. I had a full blown case of the pre-race HEEBEE GEEBEES.

date : June 6, 2006
author : Ingrid Loos
comments : 4
A bad race left me smoldering, but time and a gentle breeze ignited my passion to race again.