General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Orleans visit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-24 8:51 AM

User image

Expert
Chatham, Ontario
Subject: New Orleans visit
Hi

I will be down for the New Orleans Rock and Roll Marathon next week and I would like to rent a road or tri bike so I can keep up with my training while I am down there (flying in from Canada..so it will be nice not to have snow).

I am staying at the Marriott and it appears that most of the bike rentals are casual easy riders. Anyone got any information to share that I can use?

Also, would there be any open water swims at this time of year?

Thanks
Tracey
(IMFL in training)

2014-01-24 9:56 AM
in reply to: tabbs

User image

Queen BTich
Subject: RE: New Orleans visit

This shop might be able to help.
http://www.gnocyclery.com/

There isn't a great tri scene here. Our weather has been cold this week, I haven't heard of any OWS this time of year.

If you ride, the Levee or Lakefront is where people usually go.

(I'm going to do some poking around and see if I can find anything else)

2014-02-06 12:20 PM
in reply to: Comet

User image

Expert
Chatham, Ontario
Thanks for the info!!

I had a great visit. What an amazing city. Due to the fog, I ended up just training in the hotel workout room.

Cannot wait to visit again.

Tracey
2014-02-06 1:16 PM
in reply to: Comet

User image

Phoenix AZ
Comet - FYI when I came in for Christmas I was able to rent a nice bike (a Specialized Roubaix in fact) from the Spokesman Bike Shop in Mandeville. My parents live on the Northshore, so it wasn't too much of a hassle to pick up and return.

For someone in the city it would be a bit of a drive, but there are some great routes up there - the Tammany Trace, and good rides around Abita/Talisheek/Enon/Folsom with the Northshore Cycling group. And one can conclude one's ride with lunch and beers at the Abita Brew Pub : )
2014-02-07 1:06 PM
in reply to: Bunsbert Montcroff

User image

Queen BTich

Originally posted by Bunsbert Montcroff Comet - FYI when I came in for Christmas I was able to rent a nice bike (a Specialized Roubaix in fact) from the Spokesman Bike Shop in Mandeville. My parents live on the Northshore, so it wasn't too much of a hassle to pick up and return. For someone in the city it would be a bit of a drive, but there are some great routes up there - the Tammany Trace, and good rides around Abita/Talisheek/Enon/Folsom with the Northshore Cycling group. And one can conclude one's ride with lunch and beers at the Abita Brew Pub : )

Thanks for the info. I've searched and asked friends and there doesn't seem to be a place in the city to rent road bikes.

In this situation, Tracey driving to Mandeville wouldn't have been practical, but it's good to know for the future! Yes, the Trace is a great place to train.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Orleans visit Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Visiting New Orleans

Started by goobergirl98
Views: 723 Posts: 3

2013-03-18 9:12 AM RussTKD

Visiting New Orleans!

Started by tnguyen1
Views: 1114 Posts: 2

2011-08-14 3:47 PM the bear

Visiting New ORleans

Started by piperfl
Views: 839 Posts: 1

2008-04-10 3:51 PM piperfl

Biking in New Orleans/Metairie

Started by jjweav
Views: 1104 Posts: 3

2006-02-25 6:22 AM Manatee Express

New Orleans Area Tris 2006

Started by justalittletri
Views: 1172 Posts: 5

2005-12-19 7:57 PM tri_it_cajun_style
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : November 14, 2004
author : Akuma
I am 28 now, hardly an old crony, but life in busy Sydney Australia has meant my belly is softer than the excuses I use to convince myself I am in good shape.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!
My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.

There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.