Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 77

2014-04-09 6:31 AM
in reply to: #4940490

User image

Expert
Sarnia, Ontario
Subject: RE: TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around
Good morning TAN, stopping by to say hi and complain about mobile websites. Well that's done. Carry on...

2014-04-09 7:20 AM
in reply to: jspelay

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by jspelay Good morning TAN, stopping by to say hi and complain about mobile websites. Well that's done. Carry on...

maybe mobile websites are on a forum somewhere complaining about YOU.

good morning.

2014-04-09 8:21 AM
in reply to: #4978955

User image

Expert
Sarnia, Ontario
Good morning Meh...

You might be right, especially if said web sites got to know me. ;-)

Oh and I would have quoted your post but I'm in a mobile website so I CANT!
2014-04-09 11:42 AM
in reply to: jspelay

User image

Pro

My coworker's daughter passed away from pregnancy complications on Monday. 

Why do people believe in a religion that shuns those that leave the religion (my coworker) and prevent life-saving medical treatments like blood transfusions (her daughter)? She had lost nearly HALF of her blood.

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovahs-witnesses-why-no-blood-transfusions/ - "In any case, no one can say for certain that a patient will die because of refusing blood or will live because of accepting it."

Not trying to be a downer - but legitimately curious how someone can deny their dying wife a life-saving blood transfusion on the basis of religion.

----

Good news is that the crazy dude didn't show for court, so the order stands, and I didn't have to see him. AND I haven't been contacted in a full week!

2014-04-09 11:48 AM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

Why do people believe in a religion that shuns those that leave the religion (my coworker) and prevent life-saving medical treatments like blood transfusions (her daughter)? She had lost nearly HALF of her blood.

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovahs-witnesses-why-no-blood-transfusions/ - "In any case, no one can say for certain that a patient will die because of refusing blood or will live because of accepting it."

Not trying to be a downer - but legitimately curious how someone can deny their dying wife a life-saving blood transfusion on the basis of religion.

----

Good news is that the crazy dude didn't show for court, so the order stands, and I didn't have to see him. AND I haven't been contacted in a full week!

no answers, religions are weird.  some people don't care about or understand science.  (i have similar opinions about anti-vaccination folks)

2014-04-09 12:55 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by mehaner

----

no answers, religions are weird.  some people don't care about or understand science.  (i have similar opinions about anti-vaccination folks)

I really have a hard time wrapping my brain around things like that; then again, I have a hard time with religion to begin with.  

2014-04-09 12:58 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

It's been a helluva few days TAN...

Minor collision with another cyclist on Sunday afternoon (nothing major, just a little banged/bruised)

My mom emailed me on Monday night to say that she's pretty sure my dad is in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's, but he refuses to go to the doctor. 

My best friend in the world told me last night that she's having to have emergency surgery this week because she was suddenly diagnosed with breast cancer.  

I think I might be glad that Tony will be away this weekend so that I can have all the wine & popcorn I want with only the cats at home to stare at me and try to make me feel guilty.  

2014-04-09 1:11 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Minor collision with another cyclist on Sunday afternoon (nothing major, just a little banged/bruised)

My mom emailed me on Monday night to say that she's pretty sure my dad is in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's, but he refuses to go to the doctor. 

My best friend in the world told me last night that she's having to have emergency surgery this week because she was suddenly diagnosed with breast cancer.  

I think I might be glad that Tony will be away this weekend so that I can have all the wine & popcorn I want with only the cats at home to stare at me and try to make me feel guilty.  

come to VA - 3 days of 70s and sunny on the forecast

2014-04-09 1:12 PM

User image

Pro

Ug. Hugs. 

And don't let the cats make you feel guilty. They are just jealous that you have the wine.

2014-04-09 1:39 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

come to VA - 3 days of 70s and sunny on the forecast

Gah!  Don't tempt me!!! 

2014-04-09 1:40 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Ug. Hugs. 

And don't let the cats make you feel guilty. They are just jealous that you have the wine.

They should be jealous - and I'm certainly not going to share with THEM, the furry little jerks... it's a good thing they're cute! 

2014-04-09 2:12 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Ug. Hugs. 

They should be jealous - and I'm certainly not going to share with THEM, the furry little jerks... it's a good thing they're cute! 

Man rough week Monica, I'm sorry. 
I give a little wine to the dogs - they love it

2014-04-09 2:20 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by lisac957

Ug. Hugs. 

wine is so bad for pups!!!!

2014-04-09 2:27 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Ug. Hugs. 

Really??  Too funny!  I don't think I want to give any to the cats, then they would expect me to share every time!    

2014-04-09 2:27 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

What about spiked egg nog? My weiner dog loves that crap. 
In all seriousness I let him lick a whopping 2 or 3 drops out of the bottom of my glass. Not getting the dog tipsy or anything all though that would be fun to witness. Can't be much worse than the dead squirrel I caught him gnawing on the other day, yiiick.

Edited by lisac957 2014-04-09 2:28 PM
2014-04-09 2:31 PM

User image

Elite

Ug. Hugs. 

wine is so bad for pups!!!!

I have read that grapes (and I presume wine too) are poisonous to dogs for some reason.  I shall fire up the Google machine to see what is in grapes that is harmful and what it does.

TW

2014-04-09 2:39 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by tech_geezer

I have read that grapes (and I presume wine too) are poisonous to dogs for some reason.  I shall fire up the Google machine to see what is in grapes that is harmful and what it does.

TW

Yep,  Here is Wikipedia's documentation of grape and raisin toxicity to dogs.  Renal failure, cause is unknown but toxic level is fairly low, "toxic dose of grapes is about 19 g/kg,[2] and for raisins it is about 3 g/kg".  Toxicity seems to be not universal for all dogs.  So there you go.

TW 

Edited by tech_geezer 2014-04-09 2:41 PM
2014-04-09 2:42 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

In all seriousness I let him lick a whopping 2 or 3 drops out of the bottom of my glass. Not getting the dog tipsy or anything all though that would be fun to witness. Can't be much worse than the dead squirrel I caught him gnawing on the other day, yiiick.

their gross little bodies can digest squirrel meat, but grapes are poisonous to them.  

2014-04-09 2:46 PM

User image

Pro

their gross little bodies can digest squirrel meat, but grapes are poisonous to them.  

I feel like it's similar to the chocolate thing. Some dogs get REALLY sick, some dogs just don't.

...and seriously. He eats cat poop, but a grape might kill him? 

2014-04-09 2:47 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Huh my dog eats grapes too! And onions, supposedly they will kill him too. Learned something new today.

2014-04-09 2:52 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

I feel like it's similar to the chocolate thing. Some dogs get REALLY sick, some dogs just don't.

truth!  my jack russell ate chocolate and puked/pooped for 2 straight days (not enough chocolate to need medical care at least) but my schnauzer ate the same amount of chocolate and was completely normal afterwards.

2014-04-09 2:52 PM

User image

Elite

----

In East Tennessee, we have snake handlers.  Interestingly, this religious faction has a sort of Darwinian limitation of the spread.  The leaders tend to be the ones who get nailed by the snakes.  

I am sorry for the loss of a daughter.  It pains me to imagine this.  I think of you kids as sons and daughters.  You all be careful out there.

Gonna go ride my bike and not think about this anymore.

TW

2014-04-09 3:23 PM
in reply to: tech_geezer

User image

Pro

You know what I just realized, TAN? Some poor soul in the Philadelphia area is going to get my old number when it gets recycled. I'm wondering if the turn-around will at least be long enough for the exbf to get bored...

2014-04-09 4:01 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

truth!  my jack russell ate chocolate and puked/pooped for 2 straight days (not enough chocolate to need medical care at least) but my schnauzer ate the same amount of chocolate and was completely normal afterwards.

Our schnauzer ate one of those giant bars of Toblerone one day that my dad had accidentally left on the kitchen table when we went out for whatever reason... and that same dog ate ALL of my Hallowe'en candy the last year I was allowed out for trick or treating.  Actually, that's not true, she ate everything except for the stupid sunflower seeds.  

Not sick at all after either of the chocolate episodes, the b*tch.  

Edited by blueyedbikergirl 2014-04-09 4:02 PM
2014-04-09 4:36 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

You know what I just realized, TAN? Some poor soul in the Philadelphia area is going to get my old number when it gets recycled. I'm wondering if the turn-around will at least be long enough for the exbf to get bored...

i've had a work phone since june of 2012 that i STILL get calls for the previous owner.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around Rss Feed  

of 77

RELATED POSTS

TAN #180 Degrees (Turn Around, Every Now and Then) Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70

Started by TriAya
Views: 38792 Posts: 1749

2012-09-06 4:00 PM NRG42

TAN #160: Just farTAN' around as usual ... Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64

Started by TriAya
Views: 32503 Posts: 1598

2012-02-08 2:48 PM FoggyGoggles

FHA 203(k) and Fannie HomeStyle Rennovation Mortgages?

Started by phoenixazul
Views: 1174 Posts: 6

2011-09-15 9:57 PM Bripod

203(k) Loans

Started by kmanus
Views: 700 Posts: 3

2009-12-19 10:32 PM tetchypoo

To tan or not to tan - and I do not mean TAN Pages: 1 2

Started by The Nat
Views: 4743 Posts: 44

2009-03-08 12:02 PM hooslisa
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?

date : January 29, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
To help implement your resolutions (or those of your friends and family members), I recommend the following books, most of which are written by nutrition experts: registered dietitians (RD).
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.