Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 77

2014-04-17 2:27 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Subject: RE: TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around

Originally posted by Kido

I'm also preparing a list of all the threads I plan to start about my baby when it happens.  I got about 2 dozen so far with a lot of potentials.

Seriously.  I don't mind babies, but baby mommas that thinks everyone wants to know about every second of their baby's lives.  I hereby give permission for any TAN person to soundly chastise me if I do that.  Other than announcing that it's happening (conceived) and size/weight on the day of delivery, I don't anticipate in saying much since I'm so opposed to it.

Famous last words...

2014-04-17 2:40 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

Originally posted by mehaner

Originally posted by lisac957

Guys.

Should I sign up for a package deal of spring half marathon on May 4 and fall full marathon in October? I have always wanted to do my local fall marathon (it goes through my neighborhood!) and they are running a double challenge thingie. I have to register by tomorrow to get the extra swag. I originally did not want to run a full marathon this year but you know how that goes... it is only $140 for both races and no travel/hotel involved.

Yes?

Yes, obviously.

But I am not running the marathon with you!

Yes.

Disclaimer: I am an enabler.

Registered! Already mapped out my training plan for the full. Starts the week after Kansas 70.3 - perfect.
I am just so excited to do a full that is LOCAL! I looooove traveling to races but it will be nice to not spend all that money this time around.

2014-04-17 2:51 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Kido

Family stuff has been on the mind.  The wife and I decided to go for it and are trying!

us too.  so far, i like the "having lots of sex whenever you want" part of trying, hate the "2 week wait where you feel incredibly scared and guilty about every hot yoga class and alcoholic drink" part of it...

GOOD LUCK.

Woah! Awesome

DAYUM, I go away for a couple of hours and all babiness breaks out around here!   

2014-04-17 2:52 PM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by MOlsen

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

I took a sleeping pill around 9pm last night and had SUCH a great sleep, but now my brain haz the dumb.  I'm torn between being happy at the sleep and feeling a bit guilty that I'm kind of useless at work today.   Did that question count towards Psychology Thursday??   

I know that feeling, as I took some pain killers last night so I would hopefully not be woken up by my sprained wrist. So far the caffeine is helping a bit but my brain is still cloudy. 

Coffee was a NECESSITY this morning. 

Tony's office doesn't even have a coffee maker... can you even IMAGINE that??  There would have to be danger-pay involved around here if that were to happen.  Do NOT mess with the employees caffeine supply!!  

2014-04-17 3:13 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Elite
Cleveland

I took a sleeping pill around 9pm last night and had SUCH a great sleep, but now my brain haz the dumb.  I'm torn between being happy at the sleep and feeling a bit guilty that I'm kind of useless at work today.   Did that question count towards Psychology Thursday??   

I know that feeling, as I took some pain killers last night so I would hopefully not be woken up by my sprained wrist. So far the caffeine is helping a bit but my brain is still cloudy. 

Tony's office doesn't even have a coffee maker... can you even IMAGINE that??  There would have to be danger-pay involved around here if that were to happen.  Do NOT mess with the employees caffeine supply!!  

Oh, that is just Cra-Cra.

Heck, my office employs one person whose job it is to go around and make sure all of the break stations always have coffee brewed and ready.

No Coffee, No Peace!

2014-04-17 3:21 PM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Originally posted by cgregg

Heck, my office employs one person whose job it is to go around and make sure all of the break stations always have coffee brewed and ready.

No Coffee, No Peace!

No office coffee just crazy! Our break room has a couple of automated coffee machines. Pick your size, coffee (choice of 2 or blend them), then it grinds and brews it right then and there. Always fresh coffee!

2014-04-17 3:23 PM

User image

Seattle

Oooo we have lots of coffee here!

Howzit TAN???

2014-04-17 3:28 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Howzit TAN???

Good! It's sort of my Friday. We're technically off tomorrow (unpaid) but I may work a nice 10-2 work day, which I think should be instituted anyway...

Ready for Boston?

My lil sis is in corral 2!

2014-04-17 3:32 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Seattle

Howzit TAN???

Good! It's sort of my Friday. We're technically off tomorrow (unpaid) but I may work a nice 10-2 work day, which I think should be instituted anyway...

Ready for Boston?

I was about argue how my ADD couldn't handle a 10-12 hour work day, apparently my ADD can hardly handle 8 10-2. Got it. 

So, the marathon has waves and in each wave are corrals 1-9. Do you mean wave 2 or is she pretty speedy? 

Oh and yep, all ready. 

Edited by Asalzwed 2014-04-17 3:34 PM
2014-04-17 3:36 PM

User image

Pro

Howzit TAN???

Ready for Boston?

I was about argue how my ADD couldn't handle a 10-12 hour work day, apparently my ADD can hardly handle 8 10-2. Got it. 

So, the marathon has waves and in each wave are corrals 1-9. Do you mean wave 2 or is she pretty speedy? 

Oh and yep, all ready. 

Might have been Wave 2 Corral 1. Would that be about on par for a 3:20ish?

2014-04-17 3:39 PM

User image

Seattle

Howzit TAN???

Ready for Boston?

Oh and yep, all ready. 

I am in wave 2 corral 1 @ 3:13 qual time so she might be a few corrals back but definitely wave 2. 

Wish her well for me! It should be an emotional one. Did she run last year? Does she have a goal?

2014-04-17 3:44 PM

User image

Pro

Howzit TAN???

Ready for Boston?

Oh and yep, all ready. 

I am in wave 2 corral 1 @ 3:13 qual time so she might be a few corrals back but definitely wave 2. 

Wish her well for me! It should be an emotional one. Did she run last year? Does she have a goal?

I've gotta get my Natalie facts together. She qualified with a 3:14 in Philly.

She's run it before. 2011 was her first year, I think. And every year since! 

2014-04-17 3:54 PM

User image

Seattle

Awesome.

Well, as a fan, you are light years ahead of my mom. "How long is this marathon you are running?" 

2014-04-17 3:56 PM

User image

Pro

Awesome.

Well, as a fan, you are light years ahead of my mom. "How long is this marathon you are running?" 

My mom understands marathons and running races.

Now, triathlons, on the other hand... I've started responding with estimated finishing times. How long is that Olympic distance race? About 2.5 hours.

2014-04-17 4:21 PM

User image

Seattle

Awesome.

My mom understands marathons and running races.

Now, triathlons, on the other hand... I've started responding with estimated finishing times. How long is that Olympic distance race? About 2.5 hours.

I'm with her on that

2014-04-17 4:54 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

New policy: immediate unfriending on FB or twitter for anyone advertising affiliatespam, Insignex, or any other MLM diet stuff.

ETA: HA! BT filtered the first product I listed as spam :-P

Edited by ratherbeswimming 2014-04-17 4:56 PM

2014-04-17 5:59 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by cgregg

No Coffee, No Peace!

No office coffee just crazy! Our break room has a couple of automated coffee machines. Pick your size, coffee (choice of 2 or blend them), then it grinds and brews it right then and there. Always fresh coffee!

no coffee at work, however there are multiple nespresso and keurig machines for you to buy your own coffee to make.  ugh.

2014-04-18 8:15 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake
Howdy all,
Its official mud season here up north. Well it will be once the BOB gets to work melting the snow and slop. Looking forward to a great weekend too.

No Coffee at work? What on earth are they thinking?
2014-04-18 8:31 AM
in reply to: tcarlson78

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

For the first time in 20 years, I will be going back to school in the fall.  This is gonna be fun.

2014-04-18 8:42 AM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by crowny2

For the first time in 20 years, I will be going back to school in the fall.  This is gonna be fun.

welcome, new guy.  do you need a summary of the rules?

what are you going to study?

2014-04-18 8:58 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Champion

welcome, new guy.  do you need a summary of the rules?

what are you going to study?

S'up lady!  Photo's, L@L and talking of other threads not permited.  And I'm no FNG.  

Executive MBA.  18 month program.  Six 10-week modules all on Saturday's.  I'm gonna be missing a LOT of college ball.  

2014-04-18 9:24 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Congrats Crowny - do you get to join a fraternity?
I did an MBA program but it was 2 years of Tuesday nights - not bad. Saturdays sound a bit brutal.

2014-04-18 9:30 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

I did an MBA program but it was 2 years of Tuesday nights - not bad. Saturdays sound a bit brutal.

whoa big TAN part-time MBA club going on here!  executive programs always sound pretty tough to me.  i liked my slacker night classes!

2014-04-18 10:46 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion

I'm already an alum of one (Lambda Chi Alpha) so can't join another .

Yeah, it will be tough but it is only temporary.

2014-04-18 11:42 AM

User image

Master
Oceanside, California

Congrats!
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around Rss Feed  

of 77

RELATED POSTS

TAN #180 Degrees (Turn Around, Every Now and Then) Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70

Started by TriAya
Views: 38785 Posts: 1749

2012-09-06 4:00 PM NRG42

TAN #160: Just farTAN' around as usual ... Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64

Started by TriAya
Views: 32435 Posts: 1598

2012-02-08 2:48 PM FoggyGoggles

FHA 203(k) and Fannie HomeStyle Rennovation Mortgages?

Started by phoenixazul
Views: 1174 Posts: 6

2011-09-15 9:57 PM Bripod

203(k) Loans

Started by kmanus
Views: 700 Posts: 3

2009-12-19 10:32 PM tetchypoo

To tan or not to tan - and I do not mean TAN Pages: 1 2

Started by The Nat
Views: 4735 Posts: 44

2009-03-08 12:02 PM hooslisa
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?

date : January 29, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
To help implement your resolutions (or those of your friends and family members), I recommend the following books, most of which are written by nutrition experts: registered dietitians (RD).
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.