Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 77

2014-04-18 11:43 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Master
Oceanside, California
Subject: RE: TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around
Originally posted by mehaner

Originally posted by MOlsen

Originally posted by cgregg

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Originally posted by MOlsen

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

I took a sleeping pill around 9pm last night and had SUCH a great sleep, but now my brain haz the dumb.  I'm torn between being happy at the sleep and feeling a bit guilty that I'm kind of useless at work today.   Did that question count towards Psychology Thursday??   

I know that feeling, as I took some pain killers last night so I would hopefully not be woken up by my sprained wrist. So far the caffeine is helping a bit but my brain is still cloudy. 

Coffee was a NECESSITY this morning. 

Tony's office doesn't even have a coffee maker... can you even IMAGINE that??  There would have to be danger-pay involved around here if that were to happen.  Do NOT mess with the employees caffeine supply!!  

Oh, that is just Cra-Cra.

Heck, my office employs one person whose job it is to go around and make sure all of the break stations always have coffee brewed and ready.

No Coffee, No Peace!

No office coffee just crazy! Our break room has a couple of automated coffee machines. Pick your size, coffee (choice of 2 or blend them), then it grinds and brews it right then and there. Always fresh coffee!

no coffee at work, however there are multiple nespresso and keurig machines for you to buy your own coffee to make.  ugh.

We just passed some serious deadlines and milestones... We were treated to a mobile on-site Barrista today as a celebration/congrats/thank-you.

And I though the Keurig was cool.

2014-04-18 12:05 PM
in reply to: eabeam

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

We had been asking for years to get a filtered water cooler in our area, the kind where the guys come every week and replace the empty jugs. We JUST got one like 3 weeks ago, and now I am leaving. The things I will miss.

The tap water is so bad here (water lines that are around 50 years old, so gross - that feed our commercial coffee machine) that many people have their own, individual Keurig sitting on their desk that they use bottled water for, to make coffee. Hopefully the new place has good water lines.

2014-04-18 12:40 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Sensei
Sin City

School is cool.

My office doesn't really have coffee so I go out.

Yet another reminder that someone has a baby...

Happy Easter everyone!  (if that's your thing).  Any plans?  I may be going to someone's Easter brunch...

2014-04-18 12:55 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Last night, my bride and I went to downtown Memphis to a group run put on by one of our local running shops. I have never done a run like this before and normally I would never go, except the run was in honor of my friend who just passed away from breast cancer at 34.

Anyways, the group run was surprisingly fun, was nothing like I thought they were. I might even go back! Does anyone else do "sponsored" group runs?

2014-04-18 1:00 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by jford2309

Last night, my bride and I went to downtown Memphis to a group run put on by one of our local running shops. I have never done a run like this before and normally I would never go, except the run was in honor of my friend who just passed away from breast cancer at 34.

Anyways, the group run was surprisingly fun, was nothing like I thought they were. I might even go back! Does anyone else do "sponsored" group runs?

I used to do the beer runs (joggers and lagers!) in my city with a guy friend of mine who goes regularly. I made a HUGE attempt to branch out of my comfort zone and meet/talk to new people but it was met with snottiness (from the females) and awkwardness or cliquiness (from the males) each time. I am always BY FAR the slowest person at any group run (by more than a minute per mile) and always ended up running by myself. SAD FACE.

2014-04-18 1:10 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Originally posted by lisac957

Originally posted by jford2309

I used to do the beer runs (joggers and lagers!) in my city with a guy friend of mine who goes regularly. I made a HUGE attempt to branch out of my comfort zone and meet/talk to new people but it was met with snottiness (from the females) and awkwardness or cliquiness (from the males) each time. I am always BY FAR the slowest person at any group run (by more than a minute per mile) and always ended up running by myself. SAD FACE.

That was what I was worried about, being the new guy. So I guess it helped that Em was running with me and we stayed together (She is training for her first Tri in May). I could tell that there were some really fast dudes and fast women

2014-04-18 2:28 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Kido

School is cool.

Happy Easter everyone!  (if that's your thing).  Any plans?  I may be going to someone's Easter brunch...

MTBing in the morning, then bunch at a friend's house!

2014-04-18 3:26 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Champion
Chicago
I'm drunk on Dunkin Donut coffee.
2014-04-18 3:30 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

School is cool.

There's a thought.  Fill the 29ers up with air and check the shocks and get out there...  hmmmm  I need to start somewhere...

2014-04-18 4:06 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

School is cool.

There's a thought.  Fill the 29ers up with air and check the shocks and get out there...  hmmmm  I need to start somewhere...

Your FACE needs to start somewhere.
2014-04-19 12:27 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

How is everyone's Saturday?
I slept in and am deep cleaning the house. Keep looking outside at the 30mph sustained winds. I ain't riding in that today

Edited by lisac957 2014-04-19 12:27 PM

2014-04-19 1:14 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

I slept in and am deep cleaning the house. Keep looking outside at the 30mph sustained winds. I ain't riding in that today

rainy and depressing, ran some errands this morning, going to do a short little run then take a NAP!

2014-04-19 1:29 PM

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls

Pimento Cheese: Where have you been all of my life? It's the new crack.
2014-04-20 9:01 AM
in reply to: pitt83

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

happy easter, tannerinos.  not really celebrating - just having a normal lazy sunday today.  feels weird to me.

2014-04-20 9:30 AM

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Happy Easter! Cooking like a fiend today. Pimento cheese, relish tray, ham with Madeira glaze, twice baked potatoes, roadted vegetables.
2014-04-21 7:40 AM
in reply to: pitt83

User image

Regular
Madrid
Yes Happy Easter you people. Back again after going nowhere but having a few very welcome days out of the office. Weather was great. So great I even took a dip in the pool. Water was pretty chilly though so after 5 minutes it was over and out. The rest, a couple of short slow runs, long slow bike rides, and leisurely nature walks with my 4 legged friend. I can't believe how fast time goes. Pretty soon summer will be here with a whole new set of dynamics.

AND well done and good luck you baby making people.

2014-04-21 7:46 AM
in reply to: gr33n

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Happy Marathon Monday TAN....may they all be safe and happy!

In my world, still sick, bought my wedding dress this weekend............and it takes FIVE MONTHS to make it, took my parents to see my wedding venue which they loved.  No training this weekend due to 1-being sick and 2- visiting parents.  Dreary FL day here today.  Fingers crossed I can get over this crud before St. Anthony's this weekend

2014-04-21 8:07 AM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Chatham Ontario
Originally posted by Socks

In my world, still sick, bought my wedding dress this weekend............and it takes FIVE MONTHS to make it, took my parents to see my wedding venue which they loved.  No training this weekend due to 1-being sick and 2- visiting parents.  Dreary FL day here today.  Fingers crossed I can get over this crud before St. Anthony's this weekend

That all sounds exciting.

Don't tell my girlfriend but once she gets her darn divorce finalized (long on going battle with a jerk of a dad who doesn't want to do anything to help his kids) I want to ask her to marry me. I even picked the ring out already. sort of.

I made it out for two bike rides this weekend 35km and then 45 km yesterday. I went out with my buddy and his brother in law who was an olymic cyclist for Canada. He didn't ride all winter and said he packed on 15 lbs and was lazy. We held 37 km/hr ~23 mph for the first 25 km. Then I had to let them go and rode home myself fairly defeated and tired.

1. I am out of shape this season
2. Extra weight
3. I can't ride that damn fast and it is probably best I didn't have my Garmin on or it would have warned me my heart might explode.

oh I can hardly walk today. it is more of a waddle.

2014-04-21 8:15 AM
in reply to: Techdiver

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by Techdiver
Originally posted by Socks

That all sounds exciting. Don't tell my girlfriend but once she gets her darn divorce finalized (long on going battle with a jerk of a dad who doesn't want to do anything to help his kids) I want to ask her to marry me. I even picked the ring out already. sort of. I made it out for two bike rides this weekend 35km and then 45 km yesterday. I went out with my buddy and his brother in law who was an olymic cyclist for Canada. He didn't ride all winter and said he packed on 15 lbs and was lazy. We held 37 km/hr ~23 mph for the first 25 km. Then I had to let them go and rode home myself fairly defeated and tired. 1. I am out of shape this season 2. Extra weight 3. I can't ride that damn fast and it is probably best I didn't have my Garmin on or it would have warned me my heart might explode. oh I can hardly walk today. it is more of a waddle.

Ouch!  Sounds like a fun ride, hehe

Morning TAN!

Beautiful weekend here all-around - weather, relaxation-wise, people-wise, etc.  Had a couple of enjoyable Easter dinners yesterday.  Made mint-burgundy roasted leg of lamb (grandfather's recipe).... sooooooo goooood.  Having leftovers in sandwiches for lunch today.

2014-04-21 8:46 AM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Chatham Ontario
Weather is supposed to be good again today.

I am stuck at work BOOOO

Other wise Clevland isn't too far of a drive for left over dinner. I mean that sounds pretty darn tasty. I would make the drive for that.
2014-04-21 9:09 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

if i run after work (which i am planning on doing) i will be on a 5-day running streak!  WHOA!

2014-04-21 9:30 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by Techdiver Weather is supposed to be good again today. I am stuck at work BOOOO Other wise Clevland isn't too far of a drive for left over dinner. I mean that sounds pretty darn tasty. I would make the drive for that.

Hahah, them leftovers are my lunches all week.  I'm not sharing

Woah, nice streak, Meh!  Keep it going and it'll go from a streak to a habit.

On that note.. have you ever tried one of them "30 Runs in 30 Days" challenges?   I did it back in the autumn of 2012, and it was awesome for my running. By the end of the third week I had settled into a groove with it and it was just fun.  I got a LOT faster in a short time doing it, too.

2014-04-21 9:44 AM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by Techdiver Weather is supposed to be good again today. I am stuck at work BOOOO Other wise Clevland isn't too far of a drive for left over dinner. I mean that sounds pretty darn tasty. I would make the drive for that.

On that note.. have you ever tried one of them "30 Runs in 30 Days" challenges?   I did it back in the autumn of 2012, and it was awesome for my running. By the end of the third week I had settled into a groove with it and it was just fun.  I got a LOT faster in a short time doing it, too.

i have been TRYING to do a 30 runs/30 days this whole month and keep falling apart after about 4 or 5 days.  so we'll see....

2014-04-21 10:37 AM

User image

Pro

Definitely streaming the marathon at my desk

Also, Adrienne & my sister started in the same wave... and she's kicking my sister's butt at the 15k mark!

2014-04-21 10:39 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by mehaner

i have been TRYING to do a 30 runs/30 days this whole month and keep falling apart after about 4 or 5 days.  so we'll see....

Awesome.   Enjoy it!
I had a little trouble getting in the groove at first when I did mine, and during the second week I REALLY had to force myself to do it, but by that third week I found that I was getting anxious to do my runs and looked forward to them.

Just remember that even a recovery run counts... they don't have to be all hard and fast.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around Rss Feed  

of 77

RELATED POSTS

TAN #180 Degrees (Turn Around, Every Now and Then) Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70

Started by TriAya
Views: 38864 Posts: 1749

2012-09-06 4:00 PM NRG42

TAN #160: Just farTAN' around as usual ... Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64

Started by TriAya
Views: 32510 Posts: 1598

2012-02-08 2:48 PM FoggyGoggles

FHA 203(k) and Fannie HomeStyle Rennovation Mortgages?

Started by phoenixazul
Views: 1175 Posts: 6

2011-09-15 9:57 PM Bripod

203(k) Loans

Started by kmanus
Views: 704 Posts: 3

2009-12-19 10:32 PM tetchypoo

To tan or not to tan - and I do not mean TAN Pages: 1 2

Started by The Nat
Views: 4748 Posts: 44

2009-03-08 12:02 PM hooslisa
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?

date : January 29, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
To help implement your resolutions (or those of your friends and family members), I recommend the following books, most of which are written by nutrition experts: registered dietitians (RD).
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.