General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open Water Swim around Phoenix this spring Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-30 11:59 AM

New user

Golden, CO
Subject: Open Water Swim around Phoenix this spring
Hey Y'all

My coach and I are looking for a good place to conduct a 1 on 1 swim camp in March somewhere around the Phoenix area. Anybody have any suggestions?

We are coming in from Colorado for a weekend and will be swimming on Saturday.

Thanks!

2014-02-23 10:45 AM
in reply to: jealbright

User image

Elite
the desert
Subject: RE: Open Water Swim around Phoenix this spring

Most of the lakes have an area you could use -- Rattlesnake Cove out at Lake Pleasant, Butcher Jones Cove at Saguaro Lake, etc.

ONE Multisport is having a group OWS at Bartlett Lake on the 15th.

With the mild winter we've had, the lakes shouldn't be as cold as usual. I remember getting into Lake Pleasant about mid-March with Phxphotog and 101abd40, before Oceanside. Water was actually not as cold as I had imagined.

2014-03-02 9:42 PM
in reply to: jealbright

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Open Water Swim around Phoenix this spring
Bartlett Lake is probably your best bet. It is by far the most popular swimming area. Rattlesnake Cove at Bartlett has a line of no boat buoys about 500M off shore (depending on the level of the lake). A facebook page called AZ Open Water Swimming is where we keep in touch with each other. It's part of Tonto National Forest so you need a Tonto Pass. They cost $6.00/day and you can buy them just about everywhere EXCEPT Bartlett Lake. Hope to see you out there this spring.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open Water Swim around Phoenix this spring Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Open Water Swim

Started by TonyQ602
Views: 2072 Posts: 18

2010-03-09 5:54 PM todds

Open Water Swim in Tempe this Sunday 11-08-09

Started by StrengthLab
Views: 1729 Posts: 15

2009-11-13 9:05 AM azstaterick

Jot's Open Water Swim dates

Started by gamebofh
Views: 1435 Posts: 17

2009-05-20 10:51 AM gamebofh

Open Water Swims

Started by matthewboin
Views: 1306 Posts: 11

2009-01-23 11:38 AM perkins_jerryw

Lap Pools around Phoenix

Started by aquaboy11
Views: 9834 Posts: 10

2008-08-06 11:22 AM StandsWithFist
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : August 12, 2010
author : 10Kswim.com
comments : 2
Learn what the world's best open water swimmers look for, think about and do during a world-class open water swim and it's implications for triathletes looking to improve the swim leg of their race.

date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.
date : July 8, 2008
author : ggwellness
comments : 11
Confessions of an open water chicken. I'm OK when the water is clear and the creatures are visible; it's just when I can't see them that the panic sets in.

date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : June 6, 2006
author : marmadaddy
The DVD assumes little-to-no experience with competitive swimming and starts off in the pool citing the need to build confidence in a controlled environment.