Overcast
Total Time = 1h 14m 41s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Drove over and had some diet coke. Ate a corn muffin an hour before the start
Event warmup:

Nada, Walked around. Saw some folks I know.
Run
  • 1h 14m 41s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 12m 03s  min/mile
Comments:

Originally I signed up for the 1/2 mostly because the medal was super cool and it seemed like the timing would be good. I am in no way trained for a 1/2 right now and the prospect of limping thru another race, doing poorly, again, and probably coming out of it injured was not appealing. I was just not going to go but then I saw they had a 10K and dropped to that. This was actually the perfect distance for me right now.

This was a training run for me. Even on a good day I have no hope of placing or doing well anyway so all running races are pretty much for training. I just ran at my own pace and let people pass me as they always do. Seriously old ladies with walkers pass me. I ran the first 14 minutes then walked one and the rest was pretty much on a 9:1. I ran a little extra to get to an aide station once and walked up a hill. I was making pretty even 12 minute-ish miles and stayed on that the whole way very evenly. I know in the grander scheme of running this is pathetically slow but I will take it with a smile. Ironically this is only the 2nd stand alone 10K I have done

I thought if I were a VERY good girl I could go under 1:15. I also knew it was possible to be as slow as 1:30 and a good chance I would be somewhere in between so I am very pleased with my pokey 1:14 and only one new blister.
What would you do differently?:

Train more :) Seriously this is good for the current state of my body, training and fitness
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around, got some food, had 1/2 a beer but I was soaking wet and started to get cold so I went home

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of training and I am fat

Event comments:

This was a well done race. We started about 20 minutes late but I have no idea why because the PA system was not working well. I would do another of their races without hesitation

Last updated: 2014-01-30 12:00 AM
Running
01:14:41 | 06.2 miles | 12m 03s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2014-02-01 12:06 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Subject: Best Damn Race 10K

2014-02-06 9:25 PM
in reply to: #4942546

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Best Damn Race 10K
SOCKS! Trixie was there...did you see her? I literally ran into her while walking to the start area.

I don't know if you remember, but I met you on the bike at IMFL in 2010, my first IM!!!! Too bad I didn't know you'd be there!

I was in town visiting my brother in law and the idea of running on dry pavement in warm temps lured me in.

Congrats on your race. That's awesome you beat your goal time!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Best Damn Race 10K Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

World's Best 10K

Started by DBillTri
Views: 661 Posts: 1

2012-02-27 7:05 AM DBillTri

World Best 10k - Puerto Rico

Started by nelsonv
Views: 1299 Posts: 1

2009-03-01 7:09 PM nelsonv

World's Best 10K - Duathlon

Started by hlsantiago
Views: 1824 Posts: 2

2008-02-26 12:55 PM parrj

Lookin' Good 10k

Started by mathiews
Views: 822 Posts: 3

2007-03-20 1:57 PM Mrs Fish

World's Best 10K Duathlon

Started by hlsantiago
Views: 1825 Posts: 5

2007-02-25 6:43 PM hlsantiago
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 11, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Searching for the perfect gift for a friend, relative, or teammate? Here's a list of winning book suggestions for active people.

date : March 7, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Discussions on hand entry, common triathlete training mistakes, the best swim drills, useful swim tools and flip turn help.
date : December 7, 2006
author : Ontherun
"Finding triathlon has probably saved my life." A late bloomer shares some of his journeys on becoming a 4rth year triathlete.

date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.
date : July 3, 2006
author : mrakes1
As we speak, a team of scientists, biochemists and nutritionists are performing experiments on the upcoming revolutionary product for improving your athletic performance.

date : June 14, 2005
author : smeeko
Training plan featuring specific interval-type and track workouts to increase your 10K speed over the course of 2 months.
date : January 24, 2005
author : BrianPBN
As every veteran athlete can attest, a non-existent or ill planned ‘race meal plan’ will leave you falling far short of your goals or even worse, in the medical tent.

date : September 26, 2004
author : jhealy422
comments : 2
For as long as I can remember, I’ve had weight issues. I remember standing on the scale as a child weighing 60 pounds and feeling fat. My family dealt with stress by eating.