General Discussion Triathlon Talk » upper body strength Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-02-05 10:42 AM

Subject: upper body strength
hi,i am 20 y old,and started triathlon about 1 year ago mostly to lose some excess weight...i chose triathlon because it also has swimming and not only running and cycling,so i would get some more muscle in the upper body,without hitting the gym...i,now, have managed to lose the extra weight (still have some belly fat though,but it will go away i am sure about that) but i haven't gain a lot of muscles in the arms,shoulders and back from swimming...however,in summer i plan to focus on swimming switcing from 2-3 that i do now to 5 swims per week...do you think i will see some results?? i know it is not so good for a triathlete to have big muscles,but i really want to both continue triathlon training and gain some muscle for 'beauty'...what do you think i should change in my nutrition too?? thanks in advance :D
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » upper body strength Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Strength Training and weightloss

Started by UrsusAdiposimus
Views: 3151 Posts: 25

2009-09-16 8:50 PM jonnyfive82

Body Detox/Body Cleanse

Started by Clintjc1
Views: 1706 Posts: 14

2007-06-22 6:36 PM lil_turtle

Will I lose strength?

Started by Offthegrid
Views: 1077 Posts: 6

2007-01-13 10:00 PM KendallF

At home strength training

Started by kesa28
Views: 775 Posts: 4

2006-12-04 2:25 PM coachese

Core Strength Training

Started by LacrosseMomAmy
Views: 755 Posts: 5

2005-07-04 1:56 AM cadreamer
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 30, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
This article goes through some diagnosis and treatment options for upper hamstring pain.

date : July 8, 2008
author : sportfactory
comments : 0
Training and racing with your body type mostly means a more analytical approach to both. Here are a few ways you can tip the genetic scale.
date : August 17, 2007
author : AMSSM
Athletic individuals in general are prone to upset of both the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract. We will discuss two of the most common gastrointestinal issues, reflux and diarrhea.

date : December 31, 2006
author : sportfactory
Is there a point of diminishing returns? At some point, age catches up with us all. In general, as we age, VO2 max decreases, body fat increases, and muscular strength drops off.
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
Video on what body marking is all about during check-in.

date : July 5, 2005
author : Michael Silva
I don't really strength train (because I never have and don't really know much about it) and feel like my lack of upper body strength is the reason why I'm not getting faster.
date : October 31, 2004
author : ewkfit
I may not have pre-pubescent hips or breasts and at 36 that would be ridiculous. I do not need to have an "airbrushed body" and why do I revere that?

date : October 10, 2004
author : FIN16
The human body can endure extreme physical hardships but a trained, confident mind can endure much more.