General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Foot injury swimming? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-02-13 6:26 AM

User image

Regular
Newport News
Subject: Foot injury swimming?
Strange-pushing off while doing a turn during warm up and felt a pain on the bottom of my foot under my left little toe. I thought "ouch" and continued to swim. I made sure to only push off my right leg the rest of the work out. It was sore during the day. I took a few ibuprofen and the pain went down. I showered that evening and saw a bruise on the outside of my little toe. Whe I woke up this morning it felt like I had some swelling under the base on my foot near the little toe. I can cycle and feel like I will run today. Anyone else ever have some thing like this? Did I maybe strain a tendon or something and tear a blood vessel causing the bruise?

(photo.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
photo.JPG (132KB - 1 downloads)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Foot injury swimming? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

foot injury

Started by dbum
Views: 779 Posts: 1

2011-08-31 8:26 PM dbum

foot injury

Started by Gretchri
Views: 1118 Posts: 5

2011-03-14 9:11 AM Gretchri

article on foot injuries

Started by SauseEnte
Views: 968 Posts: 2

2008-09-11 5:25 PM nscrbug

Foot injury while swimming??

Started by sgoehner
Views: 6059 Posts: 6

2008-05-21 1:16 PM eburg

foot injury - how long to rebuild running base

Started by lgcowell
Views: 1626 Posts: 6

2016-01-16 3:48 PM trell19832002@yahoo.
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 10, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
I will describe the more common running foot injuries and discuss contributing risk factors as well as treatments and corrections for prevention.

date : September 16, 2010
comments : 1
Everytime I up my run mileage I get injured. As I train I seem to inevitably get pulled calves, IT band syndrome then achilles issues. What can I do?
date : August 24, 2009
comments : 0
I sometimes have severe pains on the top of my left foot. It feels like a knife is stabbing my inner foot on the outer portion of my foot. These pains happen mainly at night but not while riding.

date : February 11, 2009
I have a pain on the far left side of my left foot, all the way to the left and a little in front of the heel. It hurts after I run for 45 minutes or so. It hurts pretty badly for the next 48 hours.
date : May 12, 2008
Ever since running that marathon I have been experiencing stiffness and discomfort in my left foot, from the fourth and fifth metatarsals to about my mid foot.

date : August 7, 2007
What would cause my foot to fall asleep after running about 3 miles and then have a numb spot on the top of my instep?
date : July 30, 2006
Injuries do happen, and we would like to discuss a few injuries that are common. All of these injuries can fall under the category of what are commonly called overuse injuries.

date : July 30, 2006
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.