General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Long course fuel for diabetics Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-02-16 1:56 AM

Subject: Long course fuel for diabetics
Any articles on fueling for the long course for people that are diabetic? I did not see any in the articles section
Joe

2014-03-05 3:15 PM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

East Syracuse, New York
Subject: RE: Long course fuel for diabetics
I go high fat low carb as a life style. during races and long training sessions i eat whatever is on the course, check my blood sugar A LOT...and make adjustments as I go. Are you on a pump? MDI? or oral meds?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Long course fuel for diabetics Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

fueling for long rides/runs/swims and races

Started by yardleybates
Views: 1694 Posts: 7

2011-07-06 9:38 PM evb4mvp

Are there any type2 diabetics out there?

Started by Sharona1973
Views: 792 Posts: 2

2008-07-13 7:50 AM run joe run

Nutrition for Diabetics?

Started by jason.rohde
Views: 788 Posts: 4

2007-10-08 2:59 PM phoenixazul

Any diabetics here?

Started by Sharona1973
Views: 1162 Posts: 12

2006-06-10 9:38 AM Sharona1973

How do you hydrate/fuel on long runs?

Started by TH3_FRB
Views: 1921 Posts: 24

2005-05-18 10:47 AM gtrieb33
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 8, 2013
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Performance starts with fueling, not training! This article provides nutrition tips for ultra-endurance athletes as well as ordinary exercisers who want ultra-energy.

date : June 7, 2013
author : AMSSM
Pre-diabetes is a very common and treatable condition. Through your physical activity and appropriate diet choices, you have already taken many steps to delay or avoid progression to type 2 diabetes.
date : September 3, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 3
What effects does exercise have on diabetes? Depending on the level of exercise intensity and length of activity, actions may need to be taken to prevent hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.

date : August 8, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on race day weakness, long course nutrition, RPE on race day and the key to a successful Ironman marathon
date : June 27, 2007
author : EndurancePlanet
After starting the season with only the goals of raising money for cancer research, Stacey finds herself with the opportunity to go to the Long Course Championships in France.

date : June 11, 2007
author : Total Immersion
comments : 3
Most of those thinking about tackling a long swim instinctively feel it’s necessary to Do much to build endurance - more yards, harder laps. But a focus on Receiving is ideal for long distances.
date : December 4, 2005
At ADA’s annual meeting registered dietitians presented the following information that addresses some of the nutrition questions and concerns of health-conscious exercisers and competitive athletes.

date : December 12, 2004
As an athlete who shows responsibility by training hard, you'll miss the boat if you are irresponsible with fueling your hard worked body.