Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Garmin Express Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2014-10-02 8:34 AM
in reply to: supermario

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Garmin Express

Originally posted by supermario Ok, so I was a past BT user. When I got my 910xt I started using Garmin Connect. I decided today that I want to use BT again. I linked my accounts and from what I can tell, it will load old workouts once you have a new workout to upload. I did a dummy workout--ran the watch for a few seconds. It uploaded to Garmin Express. I checked BT and it was there. However, how do I get the September workouts from Garmin over to BT? Doesn't look like they are showing up.

There is no way to load 'old' workouts from Garmin Connect.  You can manually upload them to BT though.  If you have the files still, you can also send them to me in a ZIP file and I can put them directly on our server to process.  You can send them to [email protected] 

2014-10-02 11:25 AM
in reply to: Ron

User image

New user

Bella Vista,
Ok, thanks. My main concern is that the option seems to be "Add Todays Workout". What if you are away, out of town for the weekend, racing, etc and you end up with a handful of workouts from days past that upload to Garmin Express from your watch/garmin unit when you get back home--will they upload to BT even though they are not "Todays" ? When we refer to "old workouts" does that mean workouts that occurred prior to the linking of ones Garmin Express account to their BT account? If that's the case, then any workouts on a Garmin unit since the linking of accounts, even if not added on a daily basis, should upload to BT (like in the scenario above)... RIght?
2014-10-02 2:05 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
In front of computer when typing this.
Originally posted by supermario

Ok, thanks. My main concern is that the option seems to be "Add Todays Workout". What if you are away, out of town for the weekend, racing, etc and you end up with a handful of workouts from days past that upload to Garmin Express from your watch/garmin unit when you get back home--will they upload to BT even though they are not "Todays" ? When we refer to "old workouts" does that mean workouts that occurred prior to the linking of ones Garmin Express account to their BT account? If that's the case, then any workouts on a Garmin unit since the linking of accounts, even if not added on a daily basis, should upload to BT (like in the scenario above)... RIght?

No need to worry about that- it grabs whatever workouts haven't already been uploaded. I just had my last two days worth of workouts autofill when I synced. Its awesome. If you have ever used Strava or one of the other programs, it is pretty seamless...your workouts just sorta appear when you sync them with Garmin Express.
2014-10-02 4:13 PM
in reply to: louiskie

User image

New user

Bella Vista,
I have only used BT and Garmin Connect/Express. I used to manually enter EVERY workout from a Suunto GPS/HRM to BT then when I got a Garmin 910 it was nice just letting it upload to Garmin Connect. However, GC lacks a lot of features that BT has.

Back the uploading question-- You said that once you upload them to Garmin from your watch, even if its been a couple of days, they will then sync to BT. Then why won't it pull the last weeks, months, etc (ie: old workouts) over from Garmin to BT? Is it because its only going sync workouts retroactively to the date that the accounts were linked (when the user authorized the syncing of accounts)? I just sync my Garmin and BT accounts yesterday, 10/1/14.

Thanks for all the help. I admit, I am not too knowledgeable when it comes to know the difference between file types, manually uploading, etc, etc...
2014-10-02 4:21 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion

Originally posted by supermario You said that once you upload them to Garmin from your watch, even if its been a couple of days, they will then sync to BT. Then why won't it pull the last weeks, months, etc (ie: old workouts) over from Garmin to BT? Is it because its only going sync workouts retroactively to the date that the accounts were linked (when the user authorized the syncing of accounts)? I just sync my Garmin and BT accounts yesterday, 10/1/14.  

It will only sync files that first go from your device to GC then they send them to BT.  If they are already on GC as workouts AFTER you link your GC acct to BT, those won't come over...though in a few cases, people have been getting a few weeks of 'old' workouts already on GC from what I understand.

AND if you have a bunch of older workouts on your device NOT sync'd to GC, and your account is linked to BT, all of those unsynced wrokouts will go to GC then to BT.

2014-10-02 4:40 PM

User image

New user

Bella Vista,
GOT IT! Thanks. Looking forward to using BT again--I was just looking at my gear use from 2012 on BT--forgot about some of that stuff!

2014-10-03 10:58 AM

User image

New user

Bella Vista,
WHOA... All my September workouts (which was prior to my linking of Garmin Connect and BT) all showed up this morning in BT, but doubled--which I see happened to a couple of others too.
2014-10-06 11:34 AM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by supermario WHOA... All my September workouts (which was prior to my linking of Garmin Connect and BT) all showed up this morning in BT, but doubled--which I see happened to a couple of others too.

If you need help deleting them, let me know.  But it should be easy enough if it's just a month.

2014-10-09 6:37 PM
in reply to: ultramike

Washington, DC
Just tried this out--it works perfectly! Thanks!
2014-10-26 1:17 PM

New user

northampton
Hi,
All my uploads from a Garmin swim are being posted onto the same day - it looks like a really loooong swim lol....
Not sure it is specifically a Garmin express issue, is there a setting ive missed somewhere?

Thanks
K
2014-10-27 9:51 AM
in reply to: kaw_w

User image

Champion

Originally posted by kaw_w Hi, All my uploads from a Garmin swim are being posted onto the same day - it looks like a really loooong swim lol.... Not sure it is specifically a Garmin express issue, is there a setting ive missed somewhere? Thanks K

K, I don't see any swims in your training log at BT.  Are you speaking of the swims in your Garmin Connect training log?  Perhaps a screenshot would help.

2014-10-27 7:00 PM

New user

northampton
Hi,

My swims are all being placed onto the 4th february 2014. I cant post the screenshot for some reason... (grrrrrrrr)

kirk

2014-10-27 7:05 PM
in reply to: kaw_w

User image

Champion

Originally posted by kaw_w Hi, My swims are all being placed onto the 4th february 2014. I cant post the screenshot for some reason... (grrrrrrrr) kirk

Send the screenshot to [email protected]

Thanks!

2014-11-17 11:16 AM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by Ron

Originally posted by kaw_w Hi, My swims are all being placed onto the 4th february 2014. I cant post the screenshot for some reason... (grrrrrrrr) kirk

Send the screenshot to [email protected]

Thanks!

Kirk,

My programmer just sent me some details on this problem about an hour ago.  We have found that Garmin has acknowledged the problem on their end for some specific cases such as yourself, and they do propose a workaround for us.  We are looking at the work-around now...don't get rid of any duplicate swims yet as we are looking through those files.

Sorry for the delay...I hope to have more info in a few days.
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Garmin Express Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

Upload TO Garmin, not download FROM Garmin

Started by Afletcher
Views: 1321 Posts: 3

2011-01-02 11:09 AM Afletcher

Garmin Communicator uploads and equipment tracker

Started by Matchman
Views: 1599 Posts: 5

2008-06-02 11:13 AM Matchman

Garmin Integration - Phase 1 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by marmadaddy
Views: 10009 Posts: 52

2008-06-22 9:15 AM skarl

Garmin 305 Course Feature

Started by kproudfoot
Views: 1756 Posts: 4

2007-07-27 8:48 PM Ron

Garmin question-extracting/uploading files Pages: 1 2

Started by the bear
Views: 5493 Posts: 44

2007-05-19 5:12 PM marmadaddy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 12, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
In this review, we put the Garmin Forerunner 405 and the Suunto T6C heart-rate and GPS watches through the wringers.

date : September 28, 2009
author : Coach AJ
New products from Athlete 3, Fuji, Garmin, Kestrel, LiveStrong, Reynolds, Scott, Specialized, Shimano and Vision Tech
date : June 18, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 3
Easily transfer your workout data from your Garmin, Polar, Timex and more directly into your BT training log. Eliminate the manual entries. Save time!

date : March 26, 2008
author : Team BT
Instructions on how to directly upload routes from your Garmin training device into your training logs.