Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2014-08-27 1:24 PM
in reply to: topolina

User image

Master
Centennial, CO
Subject: RE: Ukraine

Originally posted by topolina In case anyone believed that Russian was not directly involved in the Separatists' activities, 10 Russian paratroopers just got nabbed by the Ukrainian forces. Russian first said they were on a "special mission" and then that they must have "accidentally" wondered over the border. Really?! Anybody buy that one. Not sure why people aren't more outraged at what is clearly a violation of International Law and sovereign space, but hopefully there is some sort of end to the conflict without Ukraine having to lose more territory.

The reason people don't care is...

1.  It's Ukraine

2.  How can we complain about violation of Sovereign space when we are flying weaponized drones all over the world.  (Example: Syria says we must notify them of any incursions militarilly into Syria. Next we announce we are going to fly drones in Syria).

3.  What can we do about it.  Complaining about something when you are not going to do anything about it is silly.  (trying not to be offensive.)

2014-08-27 1:33 PM
in reply to: velocomp

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by velocomp

Originally posted by topolina In case anyone believed that Russian was not directly involved in the Separatists' activities, 10 Russian paratroopers just got nabbed by the Ukrainian forces. Russian first said they were on a "special mission" and then that they must have "accidentally" wondered over the border. Really?! Anybody buy that one. Not sure why people aren't more outraged at what is clearly a violation of International Law and sovereign space, but hopefully there is some sort of end to the conflict without Ukraine having to lose more territory.

1.  It's Ukraine

2.  How can we complain about violation of Sovereign space when we are flying weaponized drones all over the world.  (Example: Syria says we must notify them of any incursions militarilly into Syria. Next we announce we are going to fly drones in Syria).

3.  What can we do about it.  Complaining about something when you are not going to do anything about it is silly.  (trying not to be offensive.)

#2 was pretty much my first thought as well.  

2014-08-28 9:50 AM
in reply to: velocomp

New user
Key West
Originally posted by velocomp

1.  It's Ukraine

In no particular order. you have no idea what I am and am not doing to help the Ukrainian people and what I have invested in this country. But if you read the thread you might have noticed that I dedicated two years of my life volunteering with the Peace Corps in Ukraine. I care, and we all should care, just as we should care about any country that is trying to struggle to embrace a new way of life as a democratic and productive member of the World. Ukraine is the largest country that is wholly in Europe and has the potential to feed more of the World's ever growing population with its expansive steppes.

I won't get into the politics of the issues in Syria and Iraq and how those are completely different from what is going on in Ukraine. I can see the distinction and think you might be able to as well if you really think through it rationally. Anyway, we should all care, whether you do or not.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Ukraine Rss Feed  

of 3