Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor, Brains Brawn Beauty - will be spoilers Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2014-04-24 2:01 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Survivor, Brains Brawn Beauty - will be spoilers
Line of the night had to be from Trish...was it a mango tree? Something about the mangos being huge, "Morgan-sized." Very funny. Trish has grown on me. She reminds me a little of Steven Tyler from Aerosmith in facial structure too.

• ..and how 'bout Kass? She mentioned her ability to read people...she suspected Spencer had an idol. Holy cow she looks like a tough lawyer!

• 2014-04-25 5:37 AM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Champion
    Evergreen, Colorado

Good on Tony for hustling to find that idol.  I wonder if it has to be played by a certain night like the other one?  Because if so, he definitely has a SERIOUS advantage right now.

I cannot figure out if he brought out the real one or truly a "fake" one.  Or maybe he did that to convince everyone he made a fake one so that if they find it then they will just think it's his fake one?

Either way...he was dead wrong about convincing Spencer to play the idol for himself instead of Jeremiah.  Tony taking out an idol wouldn't have spooked him because they voted for Woo!!!!  It's a shame Spencer didn't read the situation correctly and play the idol for Jeremiah.  That would have been a huge turn of events.

But, one of the next times to flip comes very very soon...the numbers are such that someone will want to flip to go from 4 to 3....

I think Jefra definitely knocked herself out....she flipped too much to be considered for winning though that might get her dragged along to the final 3.

It's always the same 3 that do well in the challenges....hmmm.....

At this point I would like to see Kass, Tasha, or Spencer win.  I think they started as underdogs and have really fought and clawed....

I could even take Tony winning...he HAS played the game...and done so without sinking to the evilness of Hantz....he's not an angel, but he hasn't done anything that other winners haven't done (i.e. lie and deceive...but there is a line that Hantz crossed!).

2014-04-25 10:07 AM
    in reply to: jldicarlo

User image

Sensei
    Sin City

I agree about Jefra.  If you are thinking about making a move, COMMIT.  She is exactly where she was before - on the Tony alliance, but now after saying she WAS going to flip, but then didn't?  Just made her dangerous and someone to get rid of first and moved her to the bottom of BOTH alliances - (they COULD keep her around since she didn't do anything yet and no one would give her 1 mil).

It occurred to me for the first time that Trish really is suckered and riding coat tails.  She doesn't have a shot because all she does is listen to Tony and do what she's told.  MAYBE if she makes a surprise big move and cut's off the head (Tony)?  She might have a chance.  All she did is express straight up loyalty to Tony and when Jefra brought up points against him about his backstabbing (which were true).  Trish just defended him and talked Jefra out of it.  She hasn't done ANYTING to help herself in the game other than be a puppet.

If they go against Tony and he plays the Idol after the vote?  I wonder what the drama would be like at camp.  Again, he seems the type if he can't talk you into falling in line and under his control - he would bully you under his control.

I'm starting to break down the odds for people.  Tony, Spencer deserve to win with their gameplay.  Kass or Latasha are doing something and are "maybes", Woo, Trish and Jefra just ride coat tails.  Not saying that is how it will play out.  Bottom feeders my be kept around and top players could get voted off as threats.

ALSO.  Loved how they teased Woo falling last week.  Like it was going to be some huge event.  He just shook himself off and went about his way.  One reason I almost stop watching teasers for reality shows.  Almost ALWAYS misleading. 

2014-04-25 12:25 PM

User image

Elite

Nothing more to add from me. Tony... ehhh... I don't hate the guy, but he's sleazy. He just is. It would not be bad if he won, but no.

Spence is doing well with what he has. A little silly to puff his chest out playing the idol... which turned out for naught. He is really doing well in challenges.... and I always love it getting down to the end when someone declares who they would vote for on a jury to put a target on someone's back. He's doing every thing he can, he is just not in a position of power. And now without an idol... if he looses immunity I think he has to be the next to go. Way too dangerous to keep around.

I didn't like Tasha in the beginning, but she is tough. Not being really crazy. Just sticking around, and winning immunity. She is going to be hard to beat too. She will have a case.

Still don't care for Cass or Trish. Cass can make a case too, but no. Trish and Jeffra... ya, no game. Woo too, but he can win immunity. But he has not done anything yet to win the game.

2014-04-25 1:30 PM
    in reply to: powerman

User image

I don't know if anyone brought this up, but from a few weeks ago, I was a bit bothered where they had the challenge where you stood on blocks on the pyramid, and lo and behold, woo, the guy wearing vibrams in the challenge, won.  No one batted an eye and nothing was said, so maybe they can choose to wear shoes or not, and woo just happened to have the right ones for the challenge?  Can't help but think it was an advantage.

And spencer, spencer, spencer, when playing your idol, don't be all d baggy about it. Just play it and stop with the looks already.  Especially when you get worked like you did last week.

Tony must have found some local plants out in the Phillipines or something, no one is that manic naturally, are they?  

2014-04-28 7:16 AM
    in reply to: ChrisM

Master
    Memphis, TN
    Originally posted by ChrisM

I don't know if anyone brought this up, but from a few weeks ago, I was a bit bothered where they had the challenge where you stood on blocks on the pyramid, and lo and behold, woo, the guy wearing vibrams in the challenge, won.  No one batted an eye and nothing was said, so maybe they can choose to wear shoes or not, and woo just happened to have the right ones for the challenge?  Can't help but think it was an advantage.

And spencer, spencer, spencer, when playing your idol, don't be all d baggy about it. Just play it and stop with the looks already.  Especially when you get worked like you did last week.

Tony must have found some local plants out in the Phillipines or something, no one is that manic naturally, are they?  

Probst said the wearing of shoes was their choice to wear or not wear. I think Woo is the only one that wore shoes.

2014-05-01 9:47 AM
    in reply to: Jtiger

Master
    Memphis, TN
    Well played Spencer, well played.

Everybody had better watch out for Tasha. She has won 3 immunities in a row and everybody seems to like her and everyone on the jury seems to have been on her side of the alliance and she is still there.

Tony might have made a good play getting Jefra out and kudos to him for having the guts to make big moves and find idols.

Kass and Trish haven't done much. Kass is relying on her flipping the game move to many tribals ago. What has she done lately? She sure isn't getting the "winners edit" and I chuckled when Trish said that Spencer was getting to skinny. Really? She might weigh 90 lbs.

The look on Sarah's face is priceless when she reacts to what Tony is saying. She does not seem to be on team Tony.
    2014-05-01 11:31 AM

User image

Champion
    , Minnesota
    Bronze member

They have GOT to vote Tony out to flush that special idol!   They don't realize this, of course, but time is of the essence people...

2014-05-01 11:39 AM
    in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Sensei
    Sin City

Tony is a bit paranoid, but in a way, he is playing well.  It's a numbers game now AND he has amazing power.  He flashes the idol so no one votes for him.  IF they vote thinking he won't play it and try to vote him out with one in his pocket?  He plays the special idol.  All he has to do is get people off now.  He can flop and switch and backstab because there are only so many more tribal meetings before he can't use the idols.  I can't wait for the episode where he DOES play it.  All the smiles when he doesn't play the regular and people think they got him, only to have it backfire...

If they do what the teasers made you think (A tony back stab) THAT will really mix things up.  Every man to themselves by then - perfect for spencer.  Tony will turn his rage on his "alliance" and maybe mostly Woo.  I think people probably get hurt and look for payback when a backstab doesn't fly and make the emotional response instead of still aligning with the people that just tried to blind side you and stick to the plan of getting rid of Tasha and/or Spencer...

2014-05-01 1:48 PM

User image

Elite

Cass is a Moron. Off the Cass band wagon... for a while now. 

Trish... who? Woo... no. He is not doing anything. It's cool if he thinks what he is doing is good at the time, but he is not doing any work to win. If he sits next to Tony, he could wind up being Russel's Natalie maybe.

Spence... totally rooting for Spence to win. Smart kid, playing well. Never been in power, but doing everything he can. Got in Tony's head. He will be very hard to sit next to at final 3....

... That is unless you are Tasha. Wow... what a player. Smokin the challenges while staying low. Well liked. Been exactly where she needed to be, when she needed to be there... and she even got in Tony's head when she didn't even have to. I DEFINITELY would not want to sit next to her at final 3. If she looses immunity... she HAS to go.

Tony... I think he is kind of a douche... but NOBODY is playing anywhere near as hard as him. Even if it isn't a good move, he is still making moves. And when he does he changes the game. Hands down the single biggest impact player in this game. No one is even close.

.... however... we have seen this Boston Rob, Russel thing before. I think he "might" have gone to far. Too close to call at this point if he walks away a hero or hated. I'm thinking this jury isn't going to be too kind.

BUT... he is in complete control with two idols.... but even if he has "special powers"... they can't let him slide into final 3. Surely there is a limit like every other game... has to play idols before last vote. If he goes to last vote with no idols or immunity... he HAS to go. The only way I see it remotely possible for him to win is if Spence or Trisha isn't in final 3. And those two have been the best in most of the challenges. But he can get rid of one of them next.

2014-05-01 2:00 PM

User image

Sensei
    Sin City

Yeah, Tony's only shot at a million would be if Cass and Trish sat next to him.  He crossed too many people.  They may respect his play, but be bitter.  They probably have zero respect of Trish and Cass.

No way he wins against Tasha or Spenser and is 50/50 with Woo even.  May beat Woo since he hasn't done anything except be Tony's lap dog...  Tony HAS to get rid of Spence and Tasha.  No more free votes off the island.  It has to be them at first chance if he wants the million.

2014-05-07 7:34 AM

User image

Champion
    Evergreen, Colorado

Tony and Spence are definitely playing the hardest.  I don't think Tony has pissed off too many people, though there are several people that think he's useless (Sarah, Spence for sure...).  I hope he gets the chance to pay that hidden idol with special powers because that would really give him a huge plus up in the minds of the jury...at least if *I* was on the jury.  I mean, 1. He found it.  2. He kept it a secret. 3. He has leveraged his other idols knowing he has that safety net.

If I was on the jury that would win huge points with me.  I guess it's different when you haven't felt PERSONALLY crossed by him, but IMHO he has NOT crossed the same line as Russell or Boston Rob....

I would like to see Tony or Spence win the game.

I think Tasha/Kass have a point, but haven't done enough (except for Tash's immunity streak which is just WEIRD).

Woo hasn't done much.  Neither has Trish.

2014-05-08 10:51 AM

Master
    Memphis, TN
    Wow lots of bickering like a married couple between Kass and Tony but in the end she went with her alliance and Tony.

Tony has a good read on people and with Tasha not scrambling it set off a ref flag and instead of burning his idol he made a move back.

Kudos to him for making moves. If he doesn't win I'll be shocked. Right now he has an edge over Spencer as far as game play. Different way of playing but playing to win not for second like the others on the jury did.

Still kind of pulling for Spencer since Tony is such a jerk.

Woo shows again why he is super cool when he showed off for the kids on the reward challenge. He may get fan favorite for his laid back personality and just being a generally nice guy with mad ninja stealth skills.

2014-05-08 6:57 PM

User image

Elite
    Originally posted by Jtiger

Wow lots of bickering like a married couple between Kass and Tony but in the end she went with her alliance and Tony.

Tony has a good read on people and with Tasha not scrambling it set off a ref flag and instead of burning his idol he made a move back.

Kudos to him for making moves. If he doesn't win I'll be shocked. Right now he has an edge over Spencer as far as game play. Different way of playing but playing to win not for second like the others on the jury did.

Woo shows again why he is super cool when he showed off for the kids on the reward challenge. He may get fan favorite for his laid back personality and just being a generally nice guy with mad ninja stealth skills.

I don't know man, from what I'm seeing on the faces of the jury members, they are NOT happy with Tony. At first glance it's easy to dismiss Woo and Trish as riding on Tony's coattails, but I think it will be hard (if it ends up being Tony-Woo-Trish) for them to stomach writing Tony's name down as the winner.

Tony had ballz o' steel last night not playing an idol. I thought the conservative play would have been to play the regular and leave them guessing about the "special" idol. He held back, and now, he can play the regular next round, and the special one the round after that. If the rules allow it, that should bring him to final 3.

btw, TOTALLY not rooting for Spencer. I'm pretty sure he said, "I don't like kids." Sorry, I'll admit it, I've got a bias against folks who say "I don't like kids." I'm just not a fan.

2014-05-09 7:03 AM
    in reply to: 0

Master
    Memphis, TN
    Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Originally posted by Jtiger

I don't know man, from what I'm seeing on the faces of the jury members, they are NOT happy with Tony. At first glance it's easy to dismiss Woo and Trish as riding on Tony's coattails, but I think it will be hard (if it ends up being Tony-Woo-Trish) for them to stomach writing Tony's name down as the winner.

Tony had ballz o' steel last night not playing an idol. I thought the conservative play would have been to play the regular and leave them guessing about the "special" idol. He held back, and now, he can play the regular next round, and the special one the round after that. If the rules allow it, that should bring him to final 3.

btw, TOTALLY not rooting for Spencer. I'm pretty sure he said, "I don't like kids." Sorry, I'll admit it, I've got a bias against folks who say "I don't like kids." I'm just not a fan.

The "I don't like kids" comment bothered me to but he's 21. I remember thinking I would never have kids when I was 21 and now I have 3 and lead a Boy Scout Troop. Who knew? If he were 35 and said this it would really bother me.

Based on the edit I think you're right about the jury not giving Tony the win but the producers edit this thing pretty hard. Also I've seen some juries edit like this but after the final respect the game of Survivor and making moves and controlling the game and other who have such a hatred of the player like Russell Hantz they give it to someone that did nothing other than physically survive for 39 days.

It should be a good next few episodes. I wonder if Kass can make another big play or Trish will start playing at all.

I'm really enjoying this season without any returning players.

Edited by Jtiger 2014-05-09 7:04 AM
    2014-05-09 10:53 AM

User image

Elite

Tasha was a good player, she had to go. At least she knows Tony is their Russel Hantz. With her loosing immunity, she was the smart vote. She has not made anyone mad.

Spencer is playing really good. Best player out there next to Tony and Tasha.

The jury is not happy with Tony... but I agree on editing. No telling really.

No change with Trish and woo. One thing though... just because the alliance wants you to flop and take out the strong guy... Tony... and you don't, does nt mean you are not making moves... you just are not making moves for them. I think Woo thinks he stands a good chance sitting next to Tony with being so laid back. For just his game alone, he is not doing that bad. He can be Russel's Natalie... but it's just hard to say. If the jury is not bitter, he has no chance playing ride along.

Cass is just ridiculous. She really has a very arrogant air about her. She really thinks she is in control. It will be very interesting if she makes it to final 3. I'm not sure who votes for her. She has indeed played an "individual" game. But it is a social game. I don't think she get's rewarded.

And if it is like other games... Tony has two idols and only one last chance to play. They are at five... and you can't play an idol to get to 3. If the "special" idol can be played to get you to 3, I think that is a crock. I'm not so sure I like the "special idol". It has not happened, but that one really is a game changed if they all vote you off and then it's a no... especially if you are the only other vote that sends who you want home. So far Tony has not needed it.

2014-05-09 12:21 PM

User image

Sensei
    Sin City

Well, I personally thought it was a mistake of Kass and Woo to back down from the blind side...  I'm not sure why Kass went back on the plan...  Maybe she thinks bring Tony along now because he's hated?  That doesn't always work.  Unless you are REALLY hated, like a Russle Hans, you still get gameplay respect.

BUT, it may have worked out a little bit for Woo and here's why:

A very interesting scene - Tony was good at figuring Woo's story out.  It made NO SENSE for Spencer and Kass to talk about getting rid of Tash during the reward dinner.  He KNEW Woo was lying.  What people forget about lying, is you need to get close enough to the truth with your lie, but still not have it be true.  It has to be believable.  He should have said "yeah, they tried to talk me into blindsiding Trish so I played along".  THAT is something they could have actually suggested.  Hell, even say they talked about blindsiding Tony, but afraid he had the idol.  Again, mostly true, but didn't reveal the entire plan.  Got to mix the lie up with truths to sell it.

SO.  Tony was convinced Woo was lying (and he was) but NOW, that they actually voted off Tash?  He appears truthful and part of the alliance.

Honestly, Woo COULD be playing a fantastic game.  He needs to make an epic move at the end to shake things up.  But it probably had to be last night because of the special idol.  Tony is basically guaranteed a final 3 spot.  You needed to flush the special AND normal idol, then get him out to have a chance.  Too little, too late I think.  Unless Spencer wins out with award challenges?  He's gone.

ABOUT the immunity challenge.  Looks like trying to rush was everyone's  problem and continued to be.  I think if you ran over and got 1, maybe 2 numbers and be SURE about them, you could have easily beat the 25 to 30 minutes.  Everyone was rushing their counting, then trying to remember 2-3 of them and having to start all over when they were wrong.  ALSO, I wonder if alliance people could have teamed up and said "you count the first 3 and I'll get the second 3"...

2014-05-09 2:29 PM

User image

Elite

If they didn't change this... or say it some time I missed it... then next vote is last time to play idol, and Tony will be without an idol for the last vote to final 3. If Tony can play idol to make it to final 3, I think that is crap. Look at Ozzy... didn't win last immunity with no idol and went home. He wins that immunity, everyone votes a million for him. Tony has not done well in challenges... or he just has not been trying because he does not need to.

I can't complain about Woo and Cass voting for Tasha... she had to go. That was a no brainer.

2014-05-10 4:03 AM

User image

Champion
    Evergreen, Colorado

I think everyone has covered it all.... :D

That immunity challenge looked harder than the way they have done it in the past.  They really piled some of those objects up.  That's good.  I'm sick of immunity challenges that only last a few minutes!

Tasha did need to go...she was going to have a good case in final 3.

I think they were stupid not to work harder to flush the idol.  Seriously, people...idols have become tickets to final four. Sheesh.

I also think that idols should be able to be played all the way until the end.  That might make the group work harder to flush them!!!!!

I really hope Tony gets to play the special idol....but I doubt he will.  Unless they epic-blindside him they know he has a regular idol so they probably won't vote for him next round. :-(

I assume next week has to be the loved ones visit?

Don't they usually do the two hour finale once we are at five?  I am so confused....

2014-05-13 7:34 AM

Master
    Memphis, TN
    I think it's final four they do 2 hour finale then the reunion.
    2014-05-15 7:02 AM

Master
    Memphis, TN
    Wow that was a good episode. Trish and Kass fighting in the open like school girls and Tony speaking "Llama"? I didn't get the llama thing maybe I missed something or it was edited out.

Meanwhile, Spencer is just watching them all self destruct. In the end Woo went with Tony to vote out Trish so Woo really hasn't made any big moves yet to make his case to the jury other than being a really nice, cool guy.

Kass has no shot in hell and she would be better off keeping the public perception of herself intact rather than flipping off someone after they are voted out. Maybe she's making a play to come back as a villain on a heros vs. villains season.

Spencer killed that puzzle and is winning when he needs to. He'll have a good case to make to the jury and know that he only has a little blood on his hands and most on there seem to like him. If he can make final three I think he has a great shot of winning.

Tony is responsible for everyone being on the jury. Will they respect him and say "I got out outplayed fair and square?" or be bitter about getting beaten. I've seen both juries and it's hard to tell what this jury is based on the edit.

2014-05-15 9:13 AM

User image

Champion
    , Minnesota
    Bronze member

Why did Tony want to vote out Trish?  What did I miss?

2014-05-15 9:16 AM

User image

Pro
    Bartlett, TN

I think Tony screwed up by not giving Trish an idea and then playing his special one. Dumb move!  And I am glad he screwed up. He seems to think that everyone left is there to help him win!

I would vote for Spence to win.

Tony is a jerk, Woo has done nothing, Kass is....well I would rather her win than Tony, but not much else I can say, although I can see how easy it is for her to get under someone's skin!  Maybe she is a great lawyer on interviewing a witness!!!

2014-05-15 12:19 PM
    in reply to: BikerGrrrl

Master
    Memphis, TN
    Originally posted by BikerGrrrl

Why did Tony want to vote out Trish?  What did I miss?

He said in a interview extended posted on twitter that he knows he could get either Trish or Woo's vote if they were on the jury.

He's playing to win but it depends on the jury's mood.
    2014-05-15 4:27 PM

User image

Elite

If Spencer wins final immunity, he wins a million. If he does not, he goes home final member of the jury.

I can't see any possibility Cass wins. She has ZERO social skills. Even if she is smart, she has no clue how to play a social game. Worse than Tony. And Chaos Cass is actually a good tool... but she has no clue how to actually use it. Spencer used it great to make Tony paranoid and not voting him off. Cass... not so much.

Woo "MIGHT" have a chance to win if Spencer isn't there. Between Cass and Tony, Woo might be able to pull a Natalie. He is not hated, and has made decisions... even if it was the decision to not get rid of Tony... sort of like that girl that won with Coach and the scummy car salesman/lawyer dude nobody liked.

Tony has a shot without Spencer. He really has controlled the game... but there is a line. It isn't that he lied, but how he lied... and he backstabbed everyone on the jury. Really hard to call that. Same with Coach... yes he lied, but it was how he did it... he was phony. Tony has been completely phony from day one. Very sleazy. So I don't think he wins.... but I will not be shocked if he does. If he does win, he will undoubtedly be the sleaziest player to pull off a victory. He has indeed worked hard to do it.

If Spencer does win final immunity... it is a real toss up to either vote Woo or Tony. If I was Spencer, I would not be afraid to sit next to Tony. The others might be. Woo seems the easy choice for them all.... "IF" they actually believe Tony can still play his "special idol" which he can't.

New Thread
    Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor, Brains Brawn Beauty - will be spoilers Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

Survivor--Samoa (potential spoiler)

Started by jldicarlo
    Views: 999 Posts: 17

2009-11-20 3:08 PM CalgaryRunner

SURVIVOR 9/18/09 SPOILERS

Started by Fatdoggy
    Views: 682 Posts: 12

2009-09-21 10:47 AM JBrashear

SURVIVOR - Finale 5/17/09 SPOILERS

Started by Fatdoggy
    Views: 787 Posts: 7

2009-05-18 7:42 PM Afletcher

Survivor 4/23-SPOILERS

Started by David tri's
    Views: 976 Posts: 17

2009-04-24 7:28 PM StMaas

Survivor 4/16/09 SPOILER

Started by Fatdoggy
    Views: 925 Posts: 6

2009-04-20 9:56 PM BellinghamSpence
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : May 25, 2011
    author : debihake
    comments : 14
    Overcoming many injuries, cancer and FEAR to compete in a triathlon

date : May 5, 2008
    author : TriPainter
    comments : 1
    I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
    date : September 24, 2007
    author : mrakes1
    comments : 0
    Discussions on salt tablets, AM workout nutrition, coffee, post workout nutrition, whey powder, recovery nutrition, losing weight, Recoverite usage, the necessity of sugars and snack ideas.

date : August 17, 2007
    author : IRONVIKING
    Athletes were buzzing around, adding last minute things to their transition bags. The sidewalks and grassy areas are filled with spectators and cameras. Announcements were being made.
    date : October 4, 2006
    author : dleii
    At some point I remember thinking about the movie CAPE FEAR. This is what it seemed like when I was around a lot of people. It was just a lot of commotion of waves, arms and feet.

date : November 29, 2004
    author : Ron
    What we see is that people want to look good – in a bad way. Our society paints a picture of beauty. But nobody wants to really go back to basics of diet and exercise as the fountain of youth.