Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor, Brains Brawn Beauty - will be spoilers Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2014-02-26 5:17 PM

User image

Subject: Survivor, Brains Brawn Beauty - will be spoilers

Another season already, tonight

2014-02-27 6:50 AM
in reply to: ChrisM

Master
Memphis, TN
Subject: RE: Survivor, Brains Brawn Beauty - will be spoilers
I watched bits and pieces of the first hour last night. The brains tribe isn't so smart.
2014-02-27 8:25 AM
in reply to: Jtiger

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, NM
Originally posted by Jtiger

I watched bits and pieces of the first hour last night. The brains tribe isn't so smart.

Agreed. In my opinion, they are hands-down the dumbest team out there.
2014-02-27 9:54 AM
in reply to: RockTractor

Master
Memphis, TN
Can the Professional Poker Player guy on the Brains tribe be any more enthusiastic? He seem very eager as is helping which is more than J'Tia can say.
2014-02-27 1:06 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by RockTractor
Originally posted by Jtiger I watched bits and pieces of the first hour last night. The brains tribe isn't so smart.
Agreed. In my opinion, they are hands-down the dumbest team out there.

X3. Common sense may not be their strong suit. And the girl whining about playing the game and going off and talking, wow. If you want to talk, go talk. But quit whining.

Every season I am reminded that talking in the beginning of the game gets you sent home. Trying to do anything marvelous or attention grabbing in the beginning of the game gets you sent home. There is a certain line that you can't cross for the first week or so that keeps you under the radar and in the game. Don't try to be the best and make sure you aren't the worst. At least in the beginning of it all.

Edited by cdban66 2014-02-27 1:06 PM
2014-02-27 1:19 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Expert
Muncie, IN
And holy Mother of God, QUIT talking at tribal....how many times has the consensus been to vote out X person then Y person starts talking and ends up getting blindsided because he / she just does not close the mouth!

2014-02-27 1:38 PM
in reply to: Afletcher

User image

Have to say, I really haven't liked seasons with three teams.  Although last night second vote was a little bit of a blindside, seems too easy to cobble together an alliance when you have fewer people.  And if like last night one team really sucks, makes challenges a little less competetive and thus less interesting.

Happy that whiner Garrett is gone "whaaaaa, I'm not having fun.   I don't want to just survive..."   Ever *watched* the show dude?   Altho hard to believe they didn't vote J Tia off simply for the rice move.   I would have been MEGA pissed, but people seemed to shrug it off.  What the heck are they going to do for food?  They don't seem particularly resourceful.

I have to say that the underwear factor is extremely high this season.   My wife walked in halfway thru and said "why is everyone in their underwear already???"  They usually have swimsuits/bikinis.  Not complaining, mind you.

2014-02-28 6:45 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Finally watched the entire episode and wow just wow. J'Tia pulled a Brandon Hantz move of pouring out the rice and she is still there? That tribe gets what they get. They will be the second tribe to be completely wiped out without a win. This bunch of misfits need to go.

Maybe we need a "Past Player" to make it interesting again and teach these losers how to play the game.

2014-02-28 1:42 PM
in reply to: Jtiger

User image

Long Island, NY
Hard to believe David run a professional baseball team (but again, it is the Marlins!). Has he not ever watched the show! You need to keep the team strong in the beginning. There is always time to vote individually. I don't think you can think so far in advance (in regards to who to keep etc., though sometime early alliances do stick together).

Both were great blindsides. I didn't see it coming.
2014-02-28 2:33 PM
in reply to: MarioJW

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, NM
Is getting voted out instead of the challenge-useless, bossy, person who also dumped all the rice worse than getting voted out first? :-)
2014-03-03 1:47 PM
in reply to: RockTractor

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Watched it over the weekend.  Random thoughts.

• The beauty team?  Not that beautiful, IMO.  Eye of the beholder I suppose. 
  • The brain team?  Playing pretty dumb
  • The brawn team?  At least they are athletic.
  • One of the best looking guys on the show was in the brainy team.  (as a side note, did he give a little gay vibe to anyone?  Nothing wrong, just wandered if anyone else picked up on it)
  • DON'T STAND OUT...  Just keep your mouth shut and fly under the radar for the first week.
  • J Tia?  Nuts.  How do they keep her?  Unstable, bossy, burning your food?  Unless it was the end and you need to bring along someone that no one likes, I would dump her FAST.  I would be SO angry.
  • Didn't get to seem much of the beauty tribe in action.  Mostly just the brains dysfunction.  Looks like there is some discontent in the brawn tribe as well.  Not sure why they are picking on the older lady...  I only found her mildly annoying.  Oh, and give up the clue for rice?  NEVER.  No one will remember acts of kindness and will turn on you in the next vote.  GET THE IDOL... 

2014-03-05 10:21 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by Kido

Watched it over the weekend.  Random thoughts.

• The beauty team?  Not that beautiful, IMO.  Eye of the beholder I suppose. 
  • The brain team?  Playing pretty dumb
  • The brawn team?  At least they are athletic.
  • One of the best looking guys on the show was in the brainy team.  (as a side note, did he give a little gay vibe to anyone?  Nothing wrong, just wandered if anyone else picked up on it)
  • DON'T STAND OUT...  Just keep your mouth shut and fly under the radar for the first week.
  • J Tia?  Nuts.  How do they keep her?  Unstable, bossy, burning your food?  Unless it was the end and you need to bring along someone that no one likes, I would dump her FAST.  I would be SO angry.
  • Didn't get to seem much of the beauty tribe in action.  Mostly just the brains dysfunction.  Looks like there is some discontent in the brawn tribe as well.  Not sure why they are picking on the older lady...  I only found her mildly annoying.  Oh, and give up the clue for rice?  NEVER.  No one will remember acts of kindness and will turn on you in the next vote.  GET THE IDOL... 

Perfect summary!  Yes, the hot, brainy team guy... I got the vibe he wouldn't be into my type. Of course! But yeah, usually guys who look like he does, don't make it long out there in the wilderness with very little food. That body needs to be fed every 2 hours and most of that muscle is useless. Great at lifting weights in a gym... nothing else. 

The issue with the brainy team is that they THINK they are VERY SMART and are c@cky about it. J'Tia is a perfect example of that. She boasted about how smart she is and how she can build a shelter and is great a puzzles... and failed miserable at both. 

And the "hot" team... uuuuhhhh... not so hot. Except for the one girl with a huge, natural rack and she's skinny, but her face isn't all that. 

2014-03-07 7:12 AM
in reply to: KSH

Master
Memphis, TN
I guess it couldn't be a complete route of the Brains tribe.

Interesting to see how the alliances shake out early in the Beauty tribe. I think the swing vote made the right choice and it looks like they came to play with splitting the vote in the first vote.

Brawn tribe is on the rampage.

Cops R Us
2014-03-08 1:13 PM
in reply to: #4956266

User image

Extreme Veteran
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Survivor is still on?
2014-03-10 7:17 AM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

I caught up over the weekend.  I think the problem in the brain tribe is too many managers, not enough minions.  Smart people tend to be in leadership positions and think they know the best way to do things...and sometimes they do, but they are better managers, not doers.

Plus there is such a thing as too smart for their own good...

Brawn tribe seems to be more than brawn...they are not just brawny, they are smart too...so, it's a bit of a misnomber.  Brains AND brawn is the winning combo in Survivor...very few winners have won without winning at least a couple of individual immunities and for that you often need a little brains and a little athletic ability (Cochran not withstanding).

Anyway, it's an interesting concept and I for one was happy to see no returning players.  I think casting did a decent job...there are definitely some characters.

...cannot believe J'tia and the rice...seriously?????

I wonder how long the three tribe concept lasts before a tribe swap?

2014-03-10 11:16 AM
in reply to: jldicarlo

User image

Elite

I think I'm going to make a video and see what happens...

Interesting so far. I wonder if nuclear engineer will have a hard time finding work after this?

2014-03-10 3:22 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

I too am glad they didn't bring back any previous players! 

I'm shocked at the guy who just randomly found the idol in the water. I would never be able to pull that off. 

All right, admit it, who else has discussed with someone which tribe they would be on? 

2014-03-10 3:25 PM

User image

All right, admit it, who else has discussed with someone which tribe they would be on? 

Not sure if it counts, but I did tell my wife that they'd have a really hard time figuring out which tribe I'd be on.......

2014-03-10 3:26 PM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by ChrisM

Not sure if it counts, but I did tell my wife that they'd have a really hard time figuring out which tribe I'd be on.......

That's the discussion I had with my boyfriend. I'm perfectly mediocre in all 3! Ha! 

2014-03-11 4:05 AM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Originally posted by KSH

That's the discussion I had with my boyfriend. I'm perfectly mediocre in all 3! Ha! 

I am distinctively a brain!

And I have to say...that you really do take a chance going on a show like Survivor...unless your current job agrees to keep you then you may or may not have trouble finding work afterwards.  I guess it just depends...you either are loved so you're easy to hire (even if famous) or you are hated and it's a ding on your resume forever....

2014-03-13 10:30 AM
in reply to: jldicarlo

User image

Long Island, NY
No comments on last night's episode? Hard to fathom how someone can go on Survivor without having the most basic of swim skills. You don't have to be proficient, just be comfortable in the water, have a basic head-out-of-the-water crawl stroke. The Brains' girls were pathetic.

I think their downfall was from the very beginning and David's need to get rid of the strongest member (Garrett). It fell apart from there. Glad J'tia was finally voted out.

Can't wait to see the newly configured tribes next week.

2014-03-13 10:48 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite

Originally posted by jldicarlo

Originally posted by KSH

I am distinctively a brain!

And I have to say...that you really do take a chance going on a show like Survivor...unless your current job agrees to keep you then you may or may not have trouble finding work afterwards. I guess it just depends...you either are loved so you're easy to hire (even if famous) or you are hated and it's a ding on your resume forever....

When you are emotionally unstable and an nuclear engineer and have the maturity of a two year old... ya, that might be a problem. And I don't think it has to do with who "likes" you. I get what you are saying and agree with you. Just taking it a step further. The polularity contest is one thing and may or may not hurt you... but when you flip out and you are trying to work in a difficult field... ya, can't possibly see how that does not flat out hurt her career.

Even that special ed teacher that made all those horrible comments... wonder how well that worked out for her?

Edited by powerman 2014-03-13 10:49 AM
2014-03-13 10:57 AM

User image

Elite

Last night was pretty ridiculous. Brain tribe... finally they got it right. At least she is gone. She had no business continuing on.

OK... the Brawn... absolute morons. Why in the world do you worry about a merge, by REDUCING your numbers???? There is absolutely NO reason to get rig of Cliff. Yes very very likable guy, and the chances of a big guy like that making it to the end are slim. The chances of a jury rewarding a millionaire with another million are very slim. You WANT to have him at the end.

Their strategy of wanting to throw a challenge to reduce their numbers before a merge is just idiotic, especially given the target. And then you have to look like complete buffoons trying to throw a basket ball challenge with a professional basket ball player on your team. Cliff might be blind that he was a target... I can see that... but how he can not know they were not playing to win is beyond me. *

* As usual, you always have to throw out the editing disclaimer that maybe what they showed us was worse than what happened... but still.

2014-03-13 11:48 AM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

I'm still at the point where I don't care enough about the players that I fast forward through a lot.  So, for time management, that's good.

I was just thrilled about J'tia.  Finally they vote the way I want.

I used to like the cop lady, but she's too gullible and paranoid.  She even said "I know it's not a good idea to throw a challenge, but...."   Girl, listen to yourself.  I am glad it didn't work.

2014-03-14 6:51 AM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by BikerGrrrl

I'm still at the point where I don't care enough about the players that I fast forward through a lot.  So, for time management, that's good.

I was just thrilled about J'tia.  Finally they vote the way I want.

I used to like the cop lady, but she's too gullible and paranoid.  She even said "I know it's not a good idea to throw a challenge, but...."   Girl, listen to yourself.  I am glad it didn't work.

I caught up last night.  I agree about voting her out, mostly because she couldn't get through a challenge at all, but all because she was bat crap crazy. In the beginning of play, especially in a 3 tribe game, the size of your team matters. So you CAN'T keep losing challenges. And the brawn team trying to throw a challenge?!?! What are they thinking?  I know this is a general statement, but having more teammates means you go further into the game after the merge. 

I am looking forward to the shakeup though. Does anyone have any ideas on next week?

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor, Brains Brawn Beauty - will be spoilers Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

Survivor--Samoa (potential spoiler)

Started by jldicarlo
Views: 999 Posts: 17

2009-11-20 3:08 PM CalgaryRunner

SURVIVOR 9/18/09 SPOILERS

Started by Fatdoggy
Views: 682 Posts: 12

2009-09-21 10:47 AM JBrashear

SURVIVOR - Finale 5/17/09 SPOILERS

Started by Fatdoggy
Views: 786 Posts: 7

2009-05-18 7:42 PM Afletcher

Survivor 4/23-SPOILERS

Started by David tri's
Views: 961 Posts: 17

2009-04-24 7:28 PM StMaas

Survivor 4/16/09 SPOILER

Started by Fatdoggy
Views: 916 Posts: 6

2009-04-20 9:56 PM BellinghamSpence
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 25, 2011
author : debihake
comments : 14
Overcoming many injuries, cancer and FEAR to compete in a triathlon

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : September 24, 2007
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on salt tablets, AM workout nutrition, coffee, post workout nutrition, whey powder, recovery nutrition, losing weight, Recoverite usage, the necessity of sugars and snack ideas.

date : August 17, 2007
author : IRONVIKING
Athletes were buzzing around, adding last minute things to their transition bags. The sidewalks and grassy areas are filled with spectators and cameras. Announcements were being made.
date : October 4, 2006
author : dleii
At some point I remember thinking about the movie CAPE FEAR. This is what it seemed like when I was around a lot of people. It was just a lot of commotion of waves, arms and feet.

date : November 29, 2004
author : Ron
What we see is that people want to look good – in a bad way. Our society paints a picture of beauty. But nobody wants to really go back to basics of diet and exercise as the fountain of youth.