General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim - 2 stroke vs 3 stroke breathing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-02-28 8:33 AM

User image

New user
Subject: Swim - 2 stroke vs 3 stroke breathing
I am working hard on my swimming. I bought the total immersion dvd, and I have studied it and took notes that I use at pool. It has helped tremendously at pool with relaxing and being smoother in the pool. 400-600 meters is no big deal to me using this technique, although I a swimming at about 1:35 100m, and about a 12:15 400m. ie Slow! But I can breathe, and don't take breaks which is big improvement. This is being done with a breath on right side with every other stroke, I can do it to left side length of pool too, but right is most comfortable, tendancy to get anxious from time to time on left side. I can also swim with taking a breath every 3rd stroke alternating sides like most advise. However this seems to gas me after 50 to 75 meters. first 25 look real good and progressively gets harder to catch breath. I watch others and they seem so at ease breathing this way. I don't understand.

It appears this would make me considerably faster?? But at what cost?

I am open to advice and suggestions, maybe some of you have had trouble switching over.

Should I just stay with what is comfortable?

Also how is my slow pace a factor in my difficult breathing in 3 stroke.

I tried to sign up for TI workshop in Cincinnati but it was full this wknd, several months before another TI clinic in this area

Edited by coachrains 2014-02-28 8:47 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim - 2 stroke vs 3 stroke breathing Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

2 stroke vs. 3 stroke breathing Pages: 1 2

Started by popsracer
Views: 7829 Posts: 32

2014-02-28 12:11 PM erik.norgaard

Swim Help - strokes/100, breathing

Started by brooksinc1976
Views: 483 Posts: 1

2010-07-18 8:29 PM brooksinc1976

Breathing every stroke in race swim

Started by puckstopperga
Views: 1130 Posts: 16

2009-09-25 10:50 AM axteraa

Combat swim stroke/side stroke

Started by angrypuppy
Views: 11696 Posts: 9

2009-07-08 1:37 PM angrypuppy

Minimum stroke vs. "working" stroke count

Started by TH3_FRB
Views: 1559 Posts: 12

2005-02-17 3:48 PM TH3_FRB
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 18, 2011
author : garyhallsr
comments : 0
How important is it to decrease your stroke count?

date : March 30, 2009
author : Tri Swim Coach
The focus this month will be on decreasing stroke count and breathing on your weaker side. We’re getting into some pretty advanced-level workouts.
date : November 17, 2008
This month, drills make up about 15% of each workout, and we’re continuing intervals. The focus will be on speeding up while maintaining good stroke technique, lots of stroke counting this time.

date : November 19, 2007
author : Coach AJ
comments : 1
I'm wondering if anyone else has had luck with moving to a five-stroke breathing pattern. Is this okay for endurance swimming? What are its benefits and drawbacks?
date : August 7, 2007
You can practice several things like bi-lateral breathing, sight less and use long strokes to help you swim straight

date : September 3, 2006
Tips on wetsuits, using different strokes, where to line up, breathing and sighting.
date : October 2, 2005
Here are the top 5 challenges in learning how to breathe in freestyle, along with the remedies on how to get over theme. Includes a 2250yard/meter workout.

date : February 13, 2005
The most common question I hear in the triathlete world about the mysteries of swimming efficiently usually involves something with breathing.