General Discussion Triathlon Talk » tri for sight Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-03 4:23 AM

Subject: tri for sight
Has anyone ever done the tri for sight in Lexington at the spindle top? if so is it a good starter?

2014-03-11 7:13 AM
in reply to: levilane

User image

Regular
Georgetown, KY
Subject: RE: tri for sight
It is a great starter! Pool swim is short at 400m, I think the bike is about 14 miles, but it is on great roads with only one real hill to contend with, the rest is KY rolling terrain, and the run is pancake flat around the Spindletop grounds. It was COLD last year for the swim, but warmed up to a great day for the run. Last year I recall talking to several beginners there.
2014-03-12 7:05 AM
in reply to: Bradleykd

Great thanks for the info! im really looknig foward to it.
2014-03-14 11:37 AM

User image

New user
KY
Yes, it's very beginner friendly. It's extremely well organized and fun. If you're not a strong swimmer just make sure you cede yourself toward the back of the pack to avoid being swam over by the more aggressive swimmers up front. Pool swims are nice for beginners because you can rest at the walls if you panic, which happened to me my first time.
2014-03-16 10:06 AM
in reply to: erinrockrun

Thanks for the advice what is the best shorts to wear for some one that doesn't want too spend allot of money at first?
2014-03-21 12:03 PM

User image

New user
KY
I would highly recommend tri shorts because it is difficult to run in bike shorts. There are usually great deals on Sierra Trading Post. Just search for "triathlon shorts" or "tri shorts." You should be able to find something under $40. Also, I work at Swim Bike Run in Lexington and we are having a spring sale right now with 25% off tri clothes. If you're in the area you should stop by.

2014-04-21 12:26 PM
in reply to: erinrockrun

User image

I'm hoping to do my 1st Tri this year. I was hoping to do the Border challenge in Louisville, but it was cancelled.

I've been battling ITBS since December, but that means I'm getting stronger on the bike.
2014-09-05 10:34 AM

User image

Regular
Georgetown, KY
It is this Sunday! Anyone from here racing? I'll be there. I bought my entry as soon as I heard West Sixth was providing free beer for finishers!!
2015-09-08 8:52 AM

User image

It's a year later, and I'm registered for the Tri for Sight. I've been doing Duathlon's for years and finally jumped in to do a Tri. I've been sick to my stomach all week because I haven't swam in a long time. Starting to think I can't do it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » tri for sight Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Tri for Sight

Started by Parr8hed
Views: 3628 Posts: 11

2011-09-06 11:37 PM nails

heart and sole april 17? Tri for sight sep 5

Started by eatmyfannypac
Views: 1587 Posts: 3

2010-04-14 8:06 AM nickxramsey

Tri for Sight

Started by TriathletePT
Views: 1753 Posts: 8

2009-09-10 8:45 PM TriathletePT

Tri For Sight, Lexington

Started by M-shell
Views: 2308 Posts: 9

2009-08-25 6:13 PM M-shell

tri shop in louisville or lexington?

Started by Sassafras
Views: 1219 Posts: 3

2007-02-03 8:49 AM Kricket
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.

date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.
date : December 17, 2007
author : LukeTX04
comments : 0
I learned in this race that in order to finish the swim, you have to know where you are going. And in order to know where you are going, you have to learn to sight.

date : October 5, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on bilateral breathing, working on balance drills, the importance of interval training to improve speed, the importance of kicking and sighting in open water.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : September 3, 2006
author : Tri Swim Coach
Tips on wetsuits, using different strokes, where to line up, breathing and sighting.
date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.

date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !