Ft Myers Track Club
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 35m 17s
Overall Rank = 55/861
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 6/57
Pre-race routine:

Normal just got to race and got down a big serving of VitargoS2 and a few Extreme Endurance
Event warmup:

Only got in some stretching, was a bit behind from collecting all my buddies before start
Run
  • 1h 35m 17s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 07m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

Got to start with about 5min to go, which put us towards the back. I thought there was more till race started but ended up behind the 10+ pace bunch and was a train wreck trying to get through them. Then mile 2 about it cleared and things was OK. I knew the bridge was gonna be a pain and I was right. Had a 7:11 ish pace going into it and the few miles after was around 7:28; that is till mile 12 where where I felt I had a bit of a break and decided to turn things up last mile.
What would you do differently?:

Get to the front or least made my way more towards it. It was really slow for 1/2 mile but do not feel it was that big of a deal according to the splits off my Garmin. It would have just made things easier.
Post race
Warm down:

Stopped at pool on way home and did a 30min swim

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My speed work heading into the race was not really there. This was a last min race and basically just a training day for us. Long tempo run I call it with friends.

Event comments:

For a local smaller half this is a pretty good race. I mean how can ya beat Hooters girls on course and them at finish with beer and wings ? I would do it again for sure. If looking for a smaller half in SWFL that can produce a PR this couls be the race. Not the flattest here but ya get a good run at the bridge thats done over and back over. It hits about mile 6.5 and head back over at a U-turn round mile 8 and its about .5 mile long up .

Profile Album

Last updated: 2014-02-19 12:00 AM
Running
01:35:17 | 13.1 miles | 07m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 6/57
Overall: 55/861
Performance: Good
Course: One big loop but went over and back over the Ft Myers bridge
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2014-03-03 7:28 AM

User image

Veteran
Cape Coral, FL , Florida
Subject: Hooters to Hooters Half Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Hooters to Hooters Half Marathon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Hooters Half Marathon

Started by juneapple
Views: 915 Posts: 3

2012-03-10 5:47 PM japarker24

Oz Half Marathon (Formerly Olathe Half Marathon)

Started by willrunforchocolate
Views: 1647 Posts: 2

2011-04-16 5:36 PM linfieldpt

Hooters to Hooters Half Marathon

Started by juneapple
Views: 1077 Posts: 2

2011-03-07 7:33 PM Experior

Tulsa Route 66 Marathon and Half (Run - Half Marathon)

Started by dimplespoo
Views: 3059 Posts: 2

2010-12-09 8:51 PM colesdad

Tulsa Route 66 Marathon and Half (Run - Half Marathon)

Started by DMann1
Views: 2208 Posts: 1

2009-11-24 8:59 AM DMann1
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 24, 2010
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
My question is am I playing with fire entering the half marathon this close to my primary goal for this season which is the HIM?

date : December 11, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 6
I just finished the NYC marathon on Sunday and I think I'm going to venture into triathlons. I am doing an Olympic distance and I want to do a 70.3 next year too. Any advice?
date : June 15, 2009
author : Ali Winslow
I just ran the Boston Marathon under nine minute miles, can I run eight minute miles for my half Ironman training runs? Or should I go slower?

date : November 17, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 7
I just started doing tris this summer and I have two under my belt, both sprints. Is it reasonable to build up for a Oly in early ‘09, with a HIM in Oct of ‘09
date : June 10, 2008
author : kns57
Steady is our walk. Ignoring the pain that is radiating from my feet, I continue to place one foot in front of the other. Again I wonder, “Why am I doing this?”

date : November 19, 2007
author : mpk
I went down to the beach the day before to scout out the course, and it was glorious...the sun was out, the sea was as smooth as glass, and only a hint of a breeze was blowing. “Perfect,” I thought.
date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.

date : October 24, 2005
author : mikericci
This program should be used for an athlete whose goal is to run a marathon in the 1:30-2:30 range and has a good running base in the past 8-12 weeks.