General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-05 8:32 PM

User image

New user

Appleton, Wisconsin
Subject: Sprint Triathlon
Hi,

I am new and I am not. I initially joined some while ago but never really did anything with it.

Today I am returned with 18 days of training behind me and 87 more until my first sprint.

Registration Confirmation for:

Aurora BayCare Triathlon
Dear Stephanie,

Congratulations! You are now registered for Aurora BayCare Triathlon. Please check the event's official website for updates: http://www.dutrirun.com

Woot!!!!!!!

Every workout I am excited for the next.

Steph

2014-03-05 8:36 PM
in reply to: steph b

Subject: RE: Sprint Triathlon
Congratulations!
2014-03-06 12:06 AM
in reply to: steph b

User image

Way to go! That's very exciting. :-) I'm training but I still haven't actually signed up.
2014-03-06 8:32 PM
in reply to: #4960422

User image

Hi Steph, the Aurora Baycare is actually going to be my first as well.

Trying to work on my swim right now as that is where I'm pretty weak!
2014-03-07 12:28 PM
in reply to: JakePS

User image

New user

Appleton, Wisconsin
Really that is awesome...we will have to coordinate so we can at least meet that day!
2014-03-07 7:21 PM
in reply to: #4961097

User image

Yea definitely! How has your training been so far? Are you running a set program?

2014-03-08 7:54 AM
in reply to: #4961667

User image

New user

Appleton, Wisconsin
It is going good, I am really slow right now but I am working on getting better. I am following the 20 week olympic program (I plan on doing an olympic later this summer).

On Wednesday there is a triathlon 101 meeting put on by the Fox Valley Tri club at 6pm at the downtown Appleton Y I am going to. I am hoping to meet some people there that can answer my questions and point me in the right direction training wise.

I just want to be a little faster

How is yours going? What are you following?
2014-03-08 10:39 AM
in reply to: #4961791

User image

My goal for the end of summer is to do an olympic as well, it's just my swimming that concerns me. Right now I kind of just built a plan together based off of a bunch of other plans, I'm trying to increase my time and distance on each workout week by week with every fourth week a taper down.

That's funny because I am also planning to attend that meeting next Wednesday! I think there is a lot of basic info I'd like to learn about race day and what it takes to complete a sprint/olympic race. Really looking to pick people's brains!
2014-03-09 9:14 PM
in reply to: JakePS

User image

New user

Appleton, Wisconsin
Look for me at the meeting

Swimming is something I did all the time prior to starting to train, but I never worried about speed. Now I am worried about speed...lol.

My weakness is defiantly running. I actually downloaded an running training app to help me. It really does seem to help.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

First Timer with Sprint Triathlon

Started by packa1er
Views: 1043 Posts: 5

2010-05-20 8:50 PM blackledge

Training for my first (sprint) Triathlon

Started by gymcoachdon
Views: 900 Posts: 3

2010-05-23 4:25 PM abqtj

One season, four sprint triathlons and I'm hooked.

Started by zef
Views: 1030 Posts: 5

2009-11-22 6:00 AM zef

New! Sprint triathlon

Started by Splish
Views: 603 Posts: 2

2009-08-17 7:34 AM axteraa

California couch potato just ran his first sprint triathlon

Started by RAFFA
Views: 997 Posts: 10

2009-04-30 3:09 PM joshmoore
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 30, 2013
author : Ron
comments : 1
We have new 10 and 20 week training plans for the New Year! These mini sprint plans are very conservative and will get any person thinking of training for a triathlon ready to cross the finish-line.

date : November 9, 2009
author : TexasHeatRunner
comments : 5
At mile ten I heard a noise like I had gotten paper in my spokes or something. I looked but saw nothing but a few seconds later my rear tire blows out.
date : June 3, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 0
Are these races too close together to give me any sort of recovery? Will I be spent and unhappy racing back to back weekends and then again two weeks after that?

date : September 8, 2008
author : pjwalzphd
comments : 2
When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.
date : April 1, 2008
author : trvw
The challenge? The accomplishment? I want to do this because it is an opportunity to live life. The event is an indoor sprint triathlon. I get to experience the challenge on a safer scale.

date : February 12, 2008
author : mikericci
This plan is designed to make you go faster. 3 workouts per week in each sport, 2 days of strength training and core work. The maximum volume is around 10 hours toward the end of the 12 weeks.
date : August 30, 2004
Couch-to-sprint triathlon training programs to get you over the finish-line of your first triathlon.

date : August 29, 2004
Program outline of the 16 and 20 week sprint triathlon training plan overviews.