General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Favorite Tri-state area Tri? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-08 11:29 PM

Subject: Favorite Tri-state area Tri?
I'm new to this sport and this site. Located in east central PA and looking for some local sprint races. I'm willing to travel within reason (NJ, DE, eastern and central PA, would consider NY/New England for a real gem). Would love to hear peoples thoughts on their favorite events and what makes them great. Thanks.

2014-03-09 10:19 AM
in reply to: mgk

User image

Subject: RE: Favorite Tri-state area Tri?
If you are looking for a unique race check out http://delmosports.com/escape-the-cape/.Won't help you this year since i think it's already sold out but a good one to mark on your calendar.
2014-03-09 5:07 PM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Delco, PA

Originally posted by Goggles Pizzano If you are looking for a unique race check out http://delmosports.com/escape-the-cape/.Won't help you this year since i think it's already sold out but a good one to mark on your calendar.

+1 on Escape the Cape.  You should check out all of Delmo Sports' races too.  Courses are always well marked, great race director, free race photos, and always a nice breakfast buffet after.  The experience overall is just an A+ in my book.

Really just a big fan of everything Delmo Sports has to offer.

2014-03-29 11:26 PM

I'm doing OLY distance now but my three favorite Sprint events in the tri-state area are Philly, NJ States, and Atlantic City. Delmo does the NJ States and AC. All are very popular, well-organized, and require early sign up. I'm also doing Escape from the Cape for the first time this year.
2014-03-30 7:24 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Villanova
Steelman up by Quakertown is an excellent race.
2014-03-30 6:52 PM
in reply to: #4962058

thanks guys. my knee just blew up like a balloon after a workout this afternoon so this may be a next year consideration I'll look into the Delmo races next year though since everyone speaks so highly of them. Very helpful.

2014-04-11 12:18 PM
in reply to: japewang

User image

Exton, PA
Originally posted by japewang

Steelman up by Quakertown is an excellent race.

One of the best organized events I've ever done. I've done it 7 times now, and it have the best food tent afterwards of any tri I've ever done- hands down without question. Good event for family to go to as well.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Favorite Tri-state area Tri? Rss Feed