Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2014-03-11 9:49 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member
Subject: RE: So what is your personality type?

I waffle back and forth between ENFP and ENFJ. Depending on what I'm doing, and where I specifically am in my life. I just took the test today again and I came up ENFJ. Interesting. The past couple times I've taken it I came up ENFP, but the first time I took it I was ENFJ. So. There you go. 

2014-03-12 8:58 AM
in reply to: Whizzzzz

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

I'm an INTJ, borderline ENTJ.  When I was younger I was more E, but as I've aged (and gotten into triathlon, hmmmm) I've become more I.

2014-03-12 9:36 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro

I bet the large number of INTJ personalities on here correlates well with the fact that are so many of us are also technical/science professionals.

2014-03-12 11:19 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Somewhere on the Tennessee River

Edited by MadMathemagician 2014-03-12 11:20 AM
2014-03-13 1:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pauls Valley, OK
Me - INFJ
Wife - ESTP

funny how that works.

She is extreme P and I am extreme J. We've learned to work as a team now. She will plan something to the Nth degree. Once it starts I get to take over and make adjustments and changes where needed.

Edited by ray6foot7 2014-03-13 1:52 PM
2014-03-14 7:36 AM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Champion
Lost in the Luminiferous Aether
I've taken the MB a couple times and end up INTP each time.

2014-03-14 10:06 AM

User image

Master
MidWest

I took the Jung Test and got ESFJ.  Hmmmm

ESFJ
Extravert(1%)  Sensing(25%)  Feeling(62%)  Judging(22%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
  • You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (25%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

And yet another test shows me as INFP

Your personality type: INFP.

Breakdown of preferences: Mind - Introverted (8%), Energy - Intuitive (17%), Nature - Feeling (75%), Tactics - Prospecting (45%), Identity - Turbulent (45%).

Edited by BAMBAM66 2014-03-14 10:15 AM
2014-03-14 10:26 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member

Originally posted by switch

Originally posted by tech_geezer

Originally posted by Stacers

I've taken it three times, and every time I'm an INFP.

The first time I took it I was 18; it was one of many tests taken within the first few weeks of entering the Naval Academy.  They then had us all retest early in our sophomore year. (I think they were testing to see if plebe year had changed us at all.)  They presented all of the results in a required leadership class later sophomore year.  Interestingly, 87% of Midshipmen tested ESTJ.  Less than .03% (at least at the time I was there, and I don't know how long they had been collecting data) tested INFP--the exact opposite of ESTJ.  Of the midshipmen who tested INFP, over 97% left the Academy.  I hadn't yet decided to leave when I got that information, but I remember feeling some relief in knowing that maybe it was just a really bad fit for my personality.

I also have a strong dislike for the test every time I take it.  I probably say some version of "that's a stupid question" or "none of these apply" on a majority of the questions.  Yet every time, INFP.

That's funny. I'm also an INFP. I had to take the test as part of a leadership retreat when I was working as an engineer at a big oil company, and everybody in the room was an ESTJ except me. They actually made us go to different corners of the room based on our test results and it was me in one corner, and everyone else in the opposite! Like you, I hadn't yet decided to leave the company at the time, but I eventually realized that maybe that particular company's corporate environment was not well-suited to my personality! I'm honestly not sure how I got hired in the first place

Ha! Yes, the instructor of that course actually pulled me aside before class and talked to me about the results of the test because she was concerned that it might make me question if I should be there.  I assured her I had been questioning that for a long time

Have you found that you can do well in another corporate environment? 

I can't think of many corporate environments I would be happy in, but I don't have a ton of experience there either.

She really went in an entirely different direction from the engineering/corporate world.  She is and artist and does super cool landscapes.

http://staceypeterson.com

Some day I will buy one of her paintings, when I am rich.

TW

Perfect INFP.

Beautiful work Stacey.

Just saw this - thanks guys! Yes, I went an entirely different direction

To answer that initial question though, I quit working for that particular company and spent four years working at another that was a fairly good fit. It was a company that was extremely good at putting everyone's dfifferent personality types to use, rather than expecting that everyone act the same. In the end though, I decided the corporate thing just wasn't for me, in general. One descriptor of the INFP personality type is that you have to care deeply about what you do, and in the end, that was me. Now I do something I'm extremely passionate about, and wouldn't go back in a second (even though the pay is not quite as good, lol!). 

2014-03-14 10:48 AM
in reply to: Stacers

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by tech_geezer

I've taken it three times, and every time I'm an INFP.

The first time I took it I was 18; it was one of many tests taken within the first few weeks of entering the Naval Academy.  They then had us all retest early in our sophomore year. (I think they were testing to see if plebe year had changed us at all.)  They presented all of the results in a required leadership class later sophomore year.  Interestingly, 87% of Midshipmen tested ESTJ.  Less than .03% (at least at the time I was there, and I don't know how long they had been collecting data) tested INFP--the exact opposite of ESTJ.  Of the midshipmen who tested INFP, over 97% left the Academy.  I hadn't yet decided to leave when I got that information, but I remember feeling some relief in knowing that maybe it was just a really bad fit for my personality.

I also have a strong dislike for the test every time I take it.  I probably say some version of "that's a stupid question" or "none of these apply" on a majority of the questions.  Yet every time, INFP.

That's funny. I'm also an INFP. I had to take the test as part of a leadership retreat when I was working as an engineer at a big oil company, and everybody in the room was an ESTJ except me. They actually made us go to different corners of the room based on our test results and it was me in one corner, and everyone else in the opposite! Like you, I hadn't yet decided to leave the company at the time, but I eventually realized that maybe that particular company's corporate environment was not well-suited to my personality! I'm honestly not sure how I got hired in the first place :)

Ha! Yes, the instructor of that course actually pulled me aside before class and talked to me about the results of the test because she was concerned that it might make me question if I should be there.  I assured her I had been questioning that for a long time :)

Have you found that you can do well in another corporate environment? 

I can't think of many corporate environments I would be happy in, but I don't have a ton of experience there either.

She really went in an entirely different direction from the engineering/corporate world.  She is and artist and does super cool landscapes.

http://staceypeterson.com

Some day I will buy one of her paintings, when I am rich.

TW

Perfect INFP.

Beautiful work Stacey.

Just saw this - thanks guys! Yes, I went an entirely different direction :)

To answer that initial question though, I quit working for that particular company and spent four years working at another that was a fairly good fit. It was a company that was extremely good at putting everyone's dfifferent personality types to use, rather than expecting that everyone act the same. In the end though, I decided the corporate thing just wasn't for me, in general. One descriptor of the INFP personality type is that you have to care deeply about what you do, and in the end, that was me. Now I do something I'm extremely passionate about, and wouldn't go back in a second (even though the pay is not quite as good, lol!). 

Yeah, we have a hard time half-assing anything and will fight to the death for something we're passionate about :)

It sounds like you've made a great choice.  Hugs.

2014-03-15 5:31 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
I was curious what all the acronyms stood for so just did the test. Actually think I have done it before but can't remember the results. Anyway, INFJ. Very high on Introversion, not too far from center on the others. Flattering to see the references to Martin Luther King, but I don't think that highly of my contribution to world well-being! I guess I've taught a lot of kids math, and saved a few cats from the streets--that's about it! What they say is very true, pretty much for all areas. People, esp. colleagues, tend not to realize I'm very introverted, and then are surprised when I do something like skip the Christmas party so I can get up early to go biking. There's a more sociable "public" side that students, parents, and colleagues see, and a private side that only my closest friends see. I'm a difficult person to really get to know.
2014-03-16 2:26 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete

Mine came up the same as Don Juan DeMarco. LLLL

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » So what is your personality type? Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Blood Type Diet for Type Pages: 1 2

Started by RBesecke
Views: 2642 Posts: 45

2011-10-23 1:28 AM RBesecke

Pharmaceutical Side Effects and Personality

Started by CubeFarmGopher
Views: 1228 Posts: 19

2008-05-12 4:17 PM 1stTimeTri

Buffy Personality Test

Started by nbo10
Views: 775 Posts: 10

2007-07-04 8:58 PM jcdenton2000

how rare is your personality? Pages: 1 2

Started by autumn
Views: 1894 Posts: 46

2007-03-31 1:23 PM bradword

Very cool personality test Pages: 1 2

Started by jennrs
Views: 1491 Posts: 31

2007-03-24 7:19 PM courtney_leone
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 15, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I've had shoulder problems since the very beginning of tri training. I did see an ortho who took x-rays and said I have a type II acromioin. I'd love to know some stretches to help my flexibility.

date : July 8, 2008
author : sportfactory
Training and racing with your body type mostly means a more analytical approach to both. Here are a few ways you can tip the genetic scale.
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : September 4, 2006
author : AMSSM
Athletes with diabetes can exercise and compete at a high level. Exercise can help control blood sugars, particularly in Type 2 diabetics, but it can also worsen them if you are not in good control.
date : June 5, 2006
author : mrakes1
In spite of blaming metabolism for your body type or holding your genetics at fault, anyone can lose weight.