Age Group Rank = 5/20
Event warmup:

No warm-up.
Run
  • 4h 06m 15s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 09m 24s  min/mile
Comments:

My dad signed up for the Pelican Challenge (HM on Saturday and Sunday) so I felt obligated to participate in the event. I'd done the HM several times, but this year was my first full marathon. Since I'm building my mileage base for some late spring ultras, I thought I'd treat this as a catered training run.....no taper of anything like that......and keep pace reasonable to ensure I wouldn't need any real recovery time.

It rained on and off throughout the race, leaving a lot of puddles on the course. Lot's of mud, but only one or two slick spots. I did have to stop once to get some gravel out of my shoe, but otherwise the rain didn't have much of an impact. Pace worked out great.....Held 9-minute miles for the first three laps then slowed down as I started to fatigue a bit on the last lap. Legs and feet felt great all day.
Post race
Event comments:

This is a small, local race with a HM on Saturday and both a HM and full marathon on Sunday. Various relays are set up for both days.

Good race for someone who doesn't want all of the congestion and crowds of a major race venue.

Last updated: 2014-03-10 12:00 AM
Running
04:06:15 | 26.2 miles | 09m 24s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/20
Overall: 401/197
Performance: Average
Course: The race is held on the Seabrook nature trails surrounded by a diverse habitat of both fresh and salt marsh, the coastline of the Galveston Bay, wetlands, and wild-life and bird sanctuaries. The course consists of crushed granite surface. The marathon is four-laps. The trail itself is mostly crushed granite and is about 6-feet wide. In some sections there are runners going both ways. While this is officially a "trail" run, it's about as non-technical and flat as you can get.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2014-03-17 9:59 AM

User image

Veteran
The Woodlands, TX
Subject: Seabrook Lucky Trail Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Seabrook Lucky Trail Marathon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Seabrook Lucky Trail Marathon

Started by scruji
Views: 786 Posts: 1

2010-03-22 11:31 AM scruji

Seabrook Lucky Trail Marathon/Half Marathon

Started by wildcat83
Views: 1054 Posts: 1

2009-10-13 12:26 PM wildcat83

Seabrook Lucky Trail Marathon/Half Marathon

Started by wildcat83
Views: 1107 Posts: 1

2009-01-26 1:00 PM wildcat83

Seabrook Lucky Trails Marathon

Started by bigjim5
Views: 1059 Posts: 2

2007-03-19 8:50 PM Freeswimmingfish

Seabrook Lucky Trail Marathon

Started by Razrez
Views: 1266 Posts: 1

2004-02-09 12:00 AM Razrez
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 15, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Recipes for Oatmeal Pancakes, Carrot Apple Muffins, Sugar and Spice Pecans and Crunchy Trail Mix

date : July 28, 2011
author : AMSSM
I can train for half marathons on pavement and on trails, but as soon as I change it up to gravel or loose dirt my knee swells and the pain it causes is unreal. Any ideas why this happens?
date : October 29, 2008
author : mrakes1
Triathlon nutrition discussions on trail mixes and calories, regular skim milk vs. organic skim milk vs. soy milk and whey protein.

date : January 29, 2006
author : Ontherun
We triathletes are a lucky lot. We have the time and the resources to enjoy a sport that is time consuming and can be very expensive. I take this opportunity to reflect on my good fortune.
date : October 17, 2004
author : smeeko
Discover the joys of trail running while also giving your body many benefits.