General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Go! St. Louis Marathon (Relay)- HELP Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-24 10:19 AM

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
Subject: Go! St. Louis Marathon (Relay)- HELP
[Note: This is a double post, because I threw it into the Missouri forum as well. Hope that doesn't cause problems!]

My brother is doing the marathon, but I'm doing the relay with my wife, her friend, and brother's girlfriend.

What I can't figure out is the bit where they say that all team members will meet at the finish to cross together. Sounds great, and first exchange is about a block from the finish, so runner one is set. Second exchange is a few miles out, but the second runner has ample time to walk back. Third exchange is a good 6 miles out and the third runner would essentially have to continue to run with the final runner in order to make it to the finish in time. Heck, that 4th leg is just 6 miles, so if you have a quick runner there, I'm not sure what you do, even busing (up to 600 teams) would be a friggen nightmare.

Has anyone done this before? Just trying to work out logistics and babysitting.

2014-03-24 1:17 PM
in reply to: Danno77

User image

Veteran
Waterloo, IL
Subject: RE: Go! St. Louis Marathon (Relay)- HELP

If I remember correctly, the hand-offs are near Metro link stations. They are allowed to ride for free back to the finish line.  I didn't run as a relay last year, but I think that is what is in the athletes book.

2014-03-24 2:05 PM
in reply to: Gmax101098

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
Originally posted by Gmax101098

If I remember correctly, the hand-offs are near Metro link stations. They are allowed to ride for free back to the finish line.  I didn't run as a relay last year, but I think that is what is in the athletes book.

Well, that would be handy. I wonder why I can find no mention of it anywhere on their website?
2014-03-25 12:01 PM

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
Yup, you were right on that. I shot off an email, here was a piece of their response.

"Each relay exchange point is close to a Metrolink stop. Here is a link to a Metrolink schedule- http://www.metrostlouis.org/PlanYourTrip/MetroLinkPDFSchedules.aspx

The 3rd Relay member would jump on the Metrolink and go to the Union Station stop. They would then make their way up to 20th and Market, which is the location to meet the team to finish the race together.

An e-mail will be sent to all team members about a week out from the race with relay information including a more detailed description of the relay points."
2014-03-27 10:03 AM

User image

Regular
Chicago

I see you have your questioned answered, but FWIW, I did the Go St Louis relay last year and it was super simple, logistically. No problem at all figuring out the metro stops and we had plenty of time to make it to the exchange points (& not bc we were slow - we actually got third place). I was the fourth runner, and I went to both exchange station #1 #2 to wait wth the earlier relay runners before heading off to my own exchange point. Also, all runners ride the metro for free that day! It was really fun, enjoy it!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Go! St. Louis Marathon (Relay)- HELP Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

St. Judes Marathon Weekend

Started by triathamom
Views: 823 Posts: 1

2012-07-06 8:46 AM triathamom

Chicago Marathon - How's the training going?

Started by runnerx
Views: 1220 Posts: 12

2007-08-27 11:47 AM chirunner134

OWS at Ohio St. Beach this Friday

Started by simply2fab
Views: 747 Posts: 1

2007-07-23 9:19 AM simply2fab

Group swim at Ohio St. Beach TONIGHT Pages: 1 2

Started by mr2tony
Views: 2320 Posts: 31

2007-07-11 5:03 PM daveo1101

St. Charles, IL Half Marathon

Started by hangloose
Views: 902 Posts: 6

2007-04-16 1:59 PM hangloose
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
I’ve signed up to do the St. Anthony’s Olympic Triathlon in April. I will be 49 in May and need some advice on a good training program to fit into my full time work schedule.