General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for a good half-marathon in South Florida Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-26 9:45 AM

New user
Key West
Subject: Looking for a good half-marathon in South Florida
I am training for a marathon (Rock and Roll in San Diego on June 1) and looking to run a HM in the next few weeks to gauge my racing time as I am trying to BQ in San Diego. I could race against the clock by myself down here, but that isn't quite the same as a road race. Anyway, I am in Key West but will travel to other South Florida locations for one. I saw the Singer Island HM on April 12th. Anyone know anything about that race? Any others you can think of that are worth running? Thanks

2014-04-02 5:54 AM
in reply to: #4971444

User image

Subject: RE: Looking for a good half-marathon in South Florida
San Diego r-n-roll is a great race! It was my second marathon and I loved it.

As for an upcoming half I've got no suggestions for you, sorry. I'm sure there are some but I think it's hard at the moment to find a good online list of local races. I'm not sure why that is.

Is the Singer Island half a multirace event? If so, just be prepared. They do a good job but it is new ownership. Which is to say, prepare like you would for an inaugural event.
2014-04-03 9:38 AM
in reply to: miamiamy

New user
Key West
Subject: RE: Looking for a good half-marathon in South Florida
Originally posted by miamiamy

San Diego r-n-roll is a great race! It was my second marathon and I loved it.

As for an upcoming half I've got no suggestions for you, sorry. I'm sure there are some but I think it's hard at the moment to find a good online list of local races. I'm not sure why that is.

Is the Singer Island half a multirace event? If so, just be prepared. They do a good job but it is new ownership. Which is to say, prepare like you would for an inaugural event.

Thanks. I am looking forward to it and, other than the hills, I will be as ready as I can be. I decided to just race against the clock by myself. Not the same as a true test, but that will be fine. Running in the 7 Mile Bridge Run this Saturday. So, although not a HM, it will be my race fitness test.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for a good half-marathon in South Florida Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Florida Challenge Trail Run - Half Marathon : Official Thread

Started by buc20
Views: 1805 Posts: 9

2012-01-23 8:40 PM buc20

south florida bike path

Started by GATORBIKER
Views: 706 Posts: 4

2008-05-30 5:31 AM MikeTri37

South Florida SA participants

Started by Hermom
Views: 664 Posts: 2

2006-04-25 12:37 PM foolproof

Races in South Florida

Started by ropkins
Views: 685 Posts: 7

2005-11-04 3:12 PM Lucy

South Florida- Ft. Lauderdale, Boca, Miami

Started by GatorGirl22
Views: 889 Posts: 6

2005-02-25 6:19 PM Metalmasters2k
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 24, 2010
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
My question is am I playing with fire entering the half marathon this close to my primary goal for this season which is the HIM?

date : November 17, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 7
I just started doing tris this summer and I have two under my belt, both sprints. Is it reasonable to build up for a Oly in early ‘09, with a HIM in Oct of ‘09
date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.

date : November 14, 2004
author : czone
At one of my last swim sessions the week of my first Ironman, one of my training partners told me how she was envious..."your first Ironman is fun, you have no pressure and no expectations!"